It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young voters will put Ron Paul in the White House

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Exit/Entrance Polling

That is roughly half of the under 40 crowd in Ron Paul's corner.

The big story coming out of Iowa, is how Ron Paul has practically locked up the young voter. This bloc in the past usually voted Democrat, and they voted Obama in the last election.

I think the establishment is scared to death of Ron Paul because of this fact alone. They like to pretend someone of their choice is popular, they don't actually like it when someone not of their choosing has THIS kind of support.

If New Hampshire has similar results, and I think they will, this will be the story of 2012, whether they want to tell it or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If he can convince enough of Obama's young voters that he's their man, he could really go somewhere.

Thanks for using the actual exit poll instead of a YouTube video.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Paul brings out the most first time voters, gets 43% of the independent vote and dominates the youth vote.

He is the only candidate that can beat Obama. Lets face it - We control the 2012 election. If Ron isn't elected nominee then we simply tip the card table (run independent) and walk away.

It's either going to be Obama or Paul in office but I can guarantee it's not going to be Romney or Santorum.

If the GOP truly want to win... (and with their treatment of Paul, I'm starting to believe they are paid off by the Dems for another election..) ...then they will choose Paul.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If Paul gets the nomination he will win. If he is a 3rd party or write-in it's an automatic Democrat win. Conservatives are willing to go against "the establishment" and vote for 3rd party (see Ross Perot), but Democrats are not. They stick with whomever is on the ticket.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Based upon many comments I have read and/or heard from past Obama supporters, I think many are moving to Ron Paul. I think it is anti-war stance. He is viewed like a rock star, much like Obama was last time. I don't see a repeat of that for Obama.
I would like to see some solid data though.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

OP could have made a YT video with the data as some do.
That wouldn't be entirely bad would it.
Well maybe so, some folks need flashy pictures and an ominous soundtrack behind their news.
But I digress, enough about FOX.

edit on 5-1-2012 by g146541 because: punctuation is almost everything.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Will they be the same young voters that voted for Obama?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have kind of noticed this sort of thing over the last few years. Is the population going through a shift? It just seems that that for many years and correctly so, that the baby boomers have led the way simply due to the shear numbers. Is it reaching the point where the population is shifting away from the boomers and coming back around to the younger groups. I do not know, but it seems to me that it is beginning to show this across the board.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The negative side of me says that there will be an all out assault in this situation against Ron Paul on the young voters. They'll bring out every pop/rap star in existence, Jon Stewart, and so on to bash Ron Paul and they'll eat it up and stick with Obama.

link   
Paul has the military. Most of these guys fit into the under 40 crowd.
All active Paul supporters need to get these guys out there telling their stories.
Out of uniform, of course.

link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

Based upon many comments I have read and/or heard from past Obama supporters, I think many are moving to Ron Paul. I think it is anti-war stance. He is viewed like a rock star, much like Obama was last time. I don't see a repeat of that for Obama.
I would like to see some solid data though.

So I guess they expect from Paul what they expected from Obama but didn't get?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Paul has the military. Most of these guys fit into the under 40 crowd.
All active Paul supporters need to get these guys out there telling their stories.
Out of uniform, of course.

Seems like they forget to count those military votes.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Will they be the same young voters that voted for Obama?

I believe many will. Remember, Obama was viewed as being anti-war. Us anti-war folks don't forget that sort of thing.
I don't have any hard data on that, no youtube videos or anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Jon Stewart is a Paulbot.
A fan, that is.
I don't think that many Hollywood types will be willing to jeopardize their fan base.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

To have young AND conservative voters is actually pretty amazing. It has happened before when people actually bought into Newt.
This is a game changer in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

A lot of people crossed over to support Obama, I doubt the same will happen again, but I am still not as optimistic as you are.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here's the deal.
You are correct about young people being his core voting block.
WHY?

Because young people do not have so many deeply held firmly planted beleifs.
The hinge on the door to their mind hasn't had time to rust.
They can more easily see thru the B.S. and the propaganda.
They are more comfortable with the idea that their government lies to them and have come to terms with the fact that the entire Government is corrupt from the Top down.
They are more likely to question reality, authority, and the status quoe.
Question the way things have always been.

Older people can not say this about themselves for the MOST part.
Alot of them still cling to the idea of America they were taught in public school back in the fifties and sixties.
Land of the blah home of the blahhh blahh blahhhh.

Now then, every year there are a WHOLE NEW batch of sixteen year olds with their brand new drivers licences who just can't wait to get out there and drive their cars and enjoy their freedom for the first time.
Every year!!!!

Guess what??
Goes the same way with voters too.
Only it builds and builds for FOUR years and then BAMMMM!!!
You all of a sudden have a HUGE number of new voters who are eager to get out there and make a change.

Polint is, if RP doesn't win THIS election, I can't imagine what the ground swell will be like in Five years from now.

Either way, because of this dynamic, CHANGE IS A COMIN'.

TPTB know this which is why they HAVE to make something drastic happen and fast!!!
They are running out of time.
People are waking up, and in droves.

If they wait much longer to impliment their final plans, it will be too late.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Not to rain on your parade but he got 48% of the 17-29 age group and that group was only 15% of the total. And that's after months of concentrated mobilization in Iowa.

68 percent of the voters were 45 and older and those are around the same figures you're going to get in the rest of the primaries and the general election.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
hey - i'm an old guy close enough to 62 - and I will vote for Ron Paul - the same as i have been doing since 1988.
i heart Ron Paul - the only guy that can put the U.S. back on track.

btw - the heck w/ the rest of the socalled front runners - shil pack.

just gotta ensure a vote cast is counted the way it is cast.
edit on 5-1-2012 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Very well said, and I agree.
These young voters generally don't watch ABCCNNNBCCBSFOX, they get their news from the internet. And yes, youtube videos. In other words, Ron Paul territory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join