It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 3 quakes right underneath Fukushima nuke plant β€” JNN live camera down immediately after οΏ½

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Report: 3 quakes right underneath Fukushima nuke plant β€” JNN live camera down immediately after β€” No word from Tepco, gov't

enen ews.com

* 21:41 1/5/2012 (JST)
* Magnitude 4.2
* Epicenter is Fukushima Nakadori, where Fukushima plants are located
* It’s shallower than 10km
* No information about the plant is announced
* JNN Fukushima live camera got down immediately after

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well here we go again folks!

i wonder what repurcussion there will be. any links for a liv cam would be greatly appreciated!

i cant say it looks good for the world at all the curent way the earth is moving and convulsing! maybe were ni for a bumpy year, maybe were not.

i just hope its all ok over there.
Stay safe my japanese brothers and sisters!

enen ews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Terrible news! How many more rounds can Japan take?
Can anyone tell me if this will speed up the liquifaction process?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I was wondering the same thing. All those poor people have had too much to deal with already.

Rev

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That is rather worrisome..

I really hope nothing adverse comes of this as the Japanese peoples have been through enough as it is..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
why is the obvious question not being asked ? 3 times in a row ?

link   
For what it's worth - Video pictures of Units 1 to 4 at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station...
Tokyo Electric Power Company - TEPCO Live Cam

edit on 1/5/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

link   

If I am not mistaken, liquifaction occurs with 5.5 mag and above.

So we might be alright in that department.

However, minimal shaking is the goal under that seething monster

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
USGS is showing the last EQ even near Fukushima as a 4.5 on Jan 1st. 32 miles away NE.

Do you have a link to these quakes....TY

ETA...
Nevermind...USGS doesn't list/report world wide quakes unless they are 4.5 or over
edit on 5-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Good spot and thanks for posting.

A question though, those quakes seem rather small for an area that is extremely used to earthquakes. Is it the (relatively) shallow depth that is the main cause for concern?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It only seems to be a small one according to this website:

www.jma.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Excuse my lack of understanding on exactly how these things work but I thought large explosions can cause an earthquake to register. Is it possible since this is so shallow, some type of reaction occurred and caused an underground explosion?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Poor Japan, man they have been getting abused with those quakes.
Hope everyone is safe.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow more quakes in Japan. They have been hit daily since the reactor meltdown...Like the OP said, I'm not sure how many more of these Japan can take before it really starts to create some serious problems.

The Earth is most def going through some changes. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Japan hasn't really been a hotspot for quakes have they? If not then its really bad news for other parts of the world.

Everyone was expecting Cali to be the epicenter for quakes, it seems the plates shifted toward Japan, once again though correct me if I'm wrong.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

Well here we go again folks!

i wonder what repurcussion there will be. any links for a liv cam would be greatly appreciated!

i cant say it looks good for the world at all the curent way the earth is moving and convulsing!

Seriously, a mag 4.2 is nothing at all. They happen all the time all over the world. No need for concern. Here's a blurb from Wiki

4.0–4.9: Light: Noticeable shaking of indoor items, rattling noises. Significant damage unlikely.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Japan is incredibly active in seismic terms and has been for a long long time. Do you remember the footage from the Fukushima quake? Every now and again you could spot very old stone markers situated on hills above villages and towns - these stones are basically warnings that anywhere below them is open to the threat of tsunami's. Japan is also the most earthquake resistant society in the world. Aside from all the building codes, sea barrier's etc, there are also regular drills for large quakes.

Before the March 2011 quake, mag 4 earthquakes wouldn't even raise eyebrows in Japan. Hence my earlier question i am hoping someone can help with (as i don't have a clue). What is the major worry over this quake? Is it the shallow depth?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I don't believe you're seeing the whole picture. A 4.? wouldn't be bad if it occurred when there wasn't any damage to begin with and the nuclear facilities weren't already damaged.

Think of it this way, your jaw just got broken in a fight and now you've been hit three more times in the face. How much worse is your jaw now? How much more difficult will the healing process be if you hadn't been hit a few more times once it was already broken?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
USGS is showing the last EQ even near Fukushima as a 4.5 on Jan 1st. 32 miles away NE.

Do you have a link to these quakes....TY

ETA...
Nevermind...USGS doesn't list/report world wide quakes unless they are 4.5 or over
edit on 5-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Actually this page will list any 2.5 or greater

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

If I am not mistaken, liquifaction occurs with 5.5 mag and above.

So we might be alright in that department.

However, minimal shaking is the goal under that seething monster

what are you guys talking about liquification i never heard about this?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
For what it's worth - Video pictures of Units 1 to 4 at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station...
Tokyo Electric Power Company - TEPCO Live Cam

edit on 1/5/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

Is that a spot light blocking #4 or a fire?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join