It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All we know is that we know nothing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Everything you ever want to know is really inside you.. it's been said a gazillion times over in human history.

Plato would have agreed with you.....

Anamnesis

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One
There shall be no TL;DR reactions to my response.

Why bother discussing it?

Knowing that you know nothing is utterly absurd since you couldn't even know that if you knew nothing. Thinking you know everything is the only non-paradoxical position if you really don't want to know anything as an alternative to manifesting no thought-knowledge processes whatsoever. to the know-it-alls!

Butt to kNow Nothing is to kNow it All because Nothing is the most elusive Sumthing to kNow. Thus, to TRULY kNow Nothing, is to kNow it All.

So, where does Nothing exist in the Universe?

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Knowing that you know nothing is simply the call of an open mind...

Few things are "absolutes"... but there are obvious absolutes...

Like...
if you jump you will eventually return to earth...

There are even fewer philosophical abolutes... Though i do know one...

Love...

Through love you can find truth in all things...

And as they say... the truth will set you free

Through LOGIC you can find even more Truth because with the use of CORRECT Logic, that's how you find the REAL Truth!

Also, Love is Born in Logic, kNot the other way around. So Logic is the KEY!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You do know, it is only locked away. A simple way of unlocking this is giving up the battle of constantly thinking and questioning - "why don't i know, i don't know anything, im not that special compared to this man". Everything is the way it is for a reason, and there is also a flip side to it.. Look at the word "know" and the word "now". Give this a try, surrendering to your surroundings. Living completely in the now. Being fully aware with a complete consciousness. This way you accept the knowing you already have within yourself. Its a very difficult thing to get around, believe me i have been there. It really isn't something you can learn over night or in one life time.

take my advice. one love brother

also if you would like to talk more, we can.
edit on 6-1-2012 by ace1059 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Such a precious gift, the mind's box of silence presented in humble adoration unto the Providence.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ace1059
You do know, it is only locked away. A simple way of unlocking this is giving up the battle of constantly thinking and questioning - "why don't i know, i don't know anything, im not that special compared to this man". Everything is the way it is for a reason, and there is also a flip side to it.. Look at the word "know" and the word "now". Give this a try, surrendering to your surroundings. Living completely in the now. Being fully aware with a complete consciousness. This way you accept the knowing you already have within yourself. Its a very difficult thing to get around, believe me i have been there. It really isn't something you can learn over night or in one life time.

take my advice. one love brother

also if you would like to talk more, we can.

It is said that True Awareness comes from kNot Thinking at All.

Personally, I have found that the Truth flows from within you, when you least expect it.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

yes so true! there is a quote my friend told me - i think therefore i am not, only when the mind is silent i am.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
I constantly find my self struggling with not knowing. I have this strong desire TO KNOW. To know what the purpose of life is, to know what happens after death, etc. When i think about how ignorant I am I feel sad and angry. I feel that if one doesn't know The Truth, one can never truly be happy/satisfied/complete. For those of you that have come to realize that you know nothing, what do you do about it, do you forget about it and continue with your life or do you sometimes feel sad or angry that you are not "in the know". What advice would you give to those of us who are tired of not knowing, tired of being Truth-Seekers, tired of being lied to, tired of knowing that at the end of the day we dont know ****.

I don't know what to say my friend. Not knowing is liberating.

I don't know why I do what I say or do, so I just experience it.

I simply stop thinking about knowing.

Let what ever inside come through without judgement or thought.

Be blameless.

There is no shame in my game.

Because I do not know.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ace1059
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

yes so true! there is a quote my friend told me - i think therefore i am not, only when the mind is silent i am.

I have a saying along those lines:

"Someone once said:

"I think, therefore I am."

That's only part of it:

"I think, from there I question, therefore I am Human.
If only I think, therefore I am a Chicken."

To Think is kNot necessarily to Question but to Question is without a doubt to Think. Therefore, the age old saying - "I think, therefore I am." - is the perfect description of a Brainless Chicken."

Then along the lines of Awareness:

"Many believe that Love is an emotion but it isn't. True Love is a State of Awareness that Everything is connected as One and you are One with the One, thus, you are Everything and Nothing." - Old Toad Proverb

Infinite = I
Nothing/Zero occupies finite = finite
If = 1

"Love is caring for others more than yourself, without expecting anything in return." - Old Toad Proverb

"To possess Wisdom is to not possess Love but to let Love possess you instead, for Wisdom teaches us to set our Love free into the Universe so it can permeate the very pores of Time and Space and Wisdom comes from filtering Knowledge with Logic, the Source of Love!" - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Butt to kNow Nothing is to kNow it All because Nothing is the most elusive Sumthing to kNow. Thus, to TRULY kNow Nothing, is to kNow it All.

Eye think eye said something along those lines.

Right here.

Ribbit

Climbininishma!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Eye think eye said something along those lines.

Right here.

Ribbit

Climbininishma!

Exactly!

One-to-One is One!

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join