It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when we hear that WWIII has started.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I live in an area that was designated one of the evacuation zones for Londoners should a Nuclear war break out, and I spent some of my youth working in sensitive areas, so while I do understand what you are saying about the impact of even of few detonations, I still have hope that cooler heads will prevail to prevent the use of WMDs should it all hit the fan

Tho Spain is nice
and I am glad you are somewhere off the map
I know a few locations like that in the Sierra Nevada.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
But another key part of the whole WW3 debate is Iran's allies they are allied with France and Germany and also Russia, so it looks like France and Germany are in a bad place considering they are a part of NATO yet allied with a country that might attack another NATO country.

Wait..... what? I thought Irans allies lie mostly in Latin America and Africa (besides the Russian/Chinese relations.
France and Germany are not allies of Iran....?

And according to this article-
"Obama Tells Allies U.S. Will Attack Iran By Fall 2012"

“President Barack Obama went on line to America’s senior allies, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Israel and Saudi Arabia, with notice of his plan to attack Iran no later than September-October 2012 – unless Tehran halted its nuclear weaponization programs.”

“Obama’s announcement spurred Germany, France, Britain, Italy and Israel into girding their navies, air forces, ballistic units and anti-missile defense systems for the challenges ahead.”

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Why is everyone so obsessed by nukes? There are other 'weapons' including bio terrorism. But if it did come to nukes flying round the world, maybe the best thing to happen would be to be taken out immediately. As opposed to a slow death from radiation contamination of the environment.
The very worst thing anyone could do would be this fanciful 'bugging out'. Because you need to have moral support around you - not be out on your ownsome. The only reason for bugging out is if you live in a built up area and society is in meltdown.
I think any sort of conflict in that area (whether or not it escalates) would have an effect on oil supply. So the first thing people should do is stock up on food, fuel and water. There again this is ATS. Everyone here should already be prepped.
edit on 5-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

I guessed as much, and was responding more for the sake of being clear than anything else

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm just wondering.. was WW2 declared as it was taking place or did it just get that name afterwards? Same with WW1, I'm not sure but I think they were named afterwards.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Sorry, absurd.

Why would Russia attack Germany?
Why would Germany "protect" Iran?
What would China gain from attacking any western country?

China right now is well off, if China would attack US or Western Europe..it would also mean the economical end of China. They could as well attack themselves.

And to be honest, the idea of us attacking Russia or Russia attacking us (us: the USA or Western Europe) is also somewhat bizarre. I might have bought this in the 80s..but to be honest is there a reason why Russia would want to attack Europe?

The more i look at it, the more I say that a global WW3 is actually a scenario which is not likely and not "beneficial" in any way, let alone from a military point of view...or as a "viable strategy" in ANY way...nothing would be gained from it.

Why would Russia attack Germany? Russia are allies with Iran, and will defend Iran so if Germany attack Iran since it with NATO
Why would Germany "protect" Iran? again Germany are allies with Iran, in sorts
What would China gain from attacking any western country? China stated that any attack on Iran will be met with force. and lets be honest china hates America and most of the west, even though an attack would be stupid especially for china because it would affect the country's GDP which is growing hugely a war would have a massive impact on that, but they did say they will protect Iran.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

But another key part of the whole WW3 debate is Iran's allies they are allied with France and Germany and also Russia, so it looks like France and Germany are in a bad place considering they are a part of NATO yet allied with a country that might attack another NATO country.

Wait..... what? I thought Irans allies lie mostly in Latin America and Africa (besides the Russian/Chinese relations.
France and Germany are not allies of Iran....?

And according to this article-
"Obama Tells Allies U.S. Will Attack Iran By Fall 2012"

“President Barack Obama went on line to America’s senior allies, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Israel and Saudi Arabia, with notice of his plan to attack Iran no later than September-October 2012 – unless Tehran halted its nuclear weaponization programs.”

“Obama’s announcement spurred Germany, France, Britain, Italy and Israel into girding their navies, air forces, ballistic units and anti-missile defense systems for the challenges ahead.”

www.infowars.com...

The allies of Iran are China, Russia, Germany, France . These are in order of importance. China recently signed contracts on natural gas fields within Iran. Russia was unable to fulfill the Chinese needs for natural gas and was pleased that they found a solution. Commodities within the Iranian infrastructure are supplied in part by Germany and France, ie, food, clothing, machinery.

wiki.answers.com...

So mabey not military allies but they trade with each other and have contracts
edit on 5-1-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

what happens when in the future after all the terrible stuff our nation and the other nations did and the children of the future can't come to a solution because they are to dang ignorant, will we be fighting with nuclear bombs to solve their problem or will the land be divided amongst the world? will there ever be world peace so that way the world doesn't end

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To the OP. You might not really "know" that WWIII has started. I dont think there will be an official announcement you will just need to keep an eye on the news and make YOUR OWN judgement as to when YOU think WWIII has started.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

What to do when we hear that WWIII has started...??

RUN TO THE HILLS.........or the tunnels...

3rd line..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
this is one reason why i don't understand why anybody would want to live in NY, washington,D.C., or any other big city....you're a bomb target on every nuclear capable country's wish list. best place to live?... argentina, nobody is going to bother with that country....plus great food, fresh air, plenty of space, it's own water and fuel source, low cost, beautiful women, and being in the southern hemispere, it might be the safest place from nuclear fallout

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
27 years the war will last, 27 years of a unknown enemy holding you at bay.
Not knowing not seeing them till they have made known their presence, then no one left to punish, for they die, a few will be taken but only them that know nothing, false will be their words.
For all will lose freedom this be the new war, this be world war, this be the new battle, not for flag vs flag but thoughts vs thoughts, beliefs vs beliefs, no one to tell who is who, who is friend who is foe.
The enemy with in will be all around, no one to tell one from another form the top down from inside out will be the war, all will be seen no place to hide, running will be to avail.
so you think WW3 is to be fought with nukes, just who do we nuke? in a war like this
Iran would not openly use one Russia would not nor china nor NKorea so then who would , one that would want to do most harm to all, one that want to kill all do not see things their way , one that would want one god one that would want one law. name this and then you would know as well who the real ww3 war is about.WW3 is upon us all, no nukes no full out draft no one knows who the true enemy is , see say tell is the new battle cry.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
My suggestion would be to 'bug out' as they say. Pack up all your essentials and go out bush, away from civilisation, especially capitals which are most likely to get hit if a war were to occur.

If you lived near/in a big city it might be a decent idea to try to get out to the country. If you live near a military / strategic target, it is definitely a good idea to find a more secluded spot.

However, generally speaking, I would not think that going away from civilization would be a great idea if nuclear war hit. (This is, of course, assuming it is nuclear). Especially if you already live in a somewhat rural area that is unlikely to be directly hit.

The reason I say this is simple-- if you are not directly within a blast radius, the thing you have to worry most about is the fallout and radiation. If you were "in the bush" as you say, this leaves you 100% vulnerable to fallout and radiation sickness. That's why people built bomb shelters and used to advocate people go underground for a blast, instead of having everyone make an evacuation plan for the woods. Even earth itself provides a measure of protection from radiation.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

there would be no place to go fall out would find you, there is a site called nuke it... link www.carloslabs.com... now the thing is it is not just one nuke per city but up to 5. so any country would be razed to dust that would use a nuke. still think the world would use nukes in an all out war?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

In my opinion, it would not need more than, say, 5-10 bigger nuclear detonations to completely contaminate the WHOLE globe, regardless where the bombs exploded.

If not already done, please lookup up chernobyl and the consequences..what fallout is and radioactive winter - and MOST IMPORTANTLY what half-life is
(I do have a feeling that many US Americans really are not clear about what consequences a nuclear bomb or a few might have...no offense..)

I think you're way, way overstating things. From the 50s until the early 70s, the US, USSR, UK, and France were popping off above-ground nukes left and right. A crazy amount of them. We're all still here. Heck, most of these tests happened before many of us were even born. Not to say that nuclear weapons aren't a hazard and a horrible thought, especially in a population zone, but they're not the ELE boogyman necessarily either.

edit on 12/5/12 by larphillips because: Fixing grammar errors

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

That would never happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Why would Russia attack Germany? Russia are allies with Iran, and will defend Iran so if Germany attack Iran since it with NATO
Why would Germany "protect" Iran? again Germany are allies with Iran, in sorts

Germany is NOT an ally of Iran. Where do you have that information from? Because Iran/Persia is the land of the 'aryans' and they dislike Israel? Get your facts straight.
Germany has the biggest military air base outside the US and a lot of other US military bases around. Germany and the US/NATO/Israel are allies, nothing else.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2012 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Those old nuclear bunkers (and former nike missile silos) were probably targeted during the Cold War....and those target codes may not have ever been changed. Something to think about. You might be in a reinforced structure but do you really want to chance a nuke going off above your location if WWIII breaks out?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
double posted and deleted
edit on 6-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If anything happens, we don't have to worry much. Russia and China are not foolish enough to attempt an attack on the USA. Although, north korea probably would try if their missles could even fly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join