It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when we hear that WWIII has started.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
With political tension tightening it seams that war on Iran could start, china (who is also allies with north Korea) states they will not tolerate this action on there allies, what will you do? what's your plan? and where are you USA? UK? EU? Asia?

I mean what realistically could Iran or China do to USA/UK/EU? There pretty close to each other so a lot more damage could occur as opposed to say the UK which is the opposite side of the earth from China who said they would act if Iran was attacked. But another key part of the whole WW3 debate is Iran's allies they are allied with France and Germany and also Russia, so it looks like France and Germany are in a bad place considering they are a part of NATO yet allied with a country that might attack another NATO country. If push came to shove them they would stick with NATO but I'm confused about this, Would Russia attack Germany or would they try to protect Iran and then fight over there? Because if Russia Strikes Germany or vice-versa the whole of Europe could be up in arms, and that why I put this thread up because I'm not to sure what I would do

I know of a few decommissioned nuclear bunkers around here from the cold war but would they be safe and who should I take? I got a feeling the military would put them back into use which would leave the me in the dark about what to do time like this I wish I had a spare 1,000,000 I could buy a nice big nuclear bunker with vertical hydroponic farms I would and feel safe then, anybody want to chip in?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The way I see it is when the US engages Iran, and it WILL be the US that is first to act, we can expect missiles to be launched by Russia/China before anything else is able to happen.

We will not have a warning and even if the government knows, us little folk are not going to be told. It has come to the point where the school yard bully(US) has flexed their muscles too much and the bully will now be beat up.

For the sake of peace and potential lives that could be lost, I hope the people in charge grow up and find diplomatic ends. Otherwise we might as well kiss our butts goodbye.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My suggestion would be to 'bug out' as they say. Pack up all your essentials and go out bush, away from civilisation, especially capitals which are most likely to get hit if a war were to occur.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Personally i don't believe WW3 will ever be declared...i don't think it will need to be.

When you see that the US is going into Iran with Israel following up their rear...i mean the rear...you'll know to get your bug-out bag ready and start finalising your plans for survival

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It already started. When we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. We are the Nazi's this time.

If you want to see what happens next, check out some WWII history.

The aggressor usually ends up decimated after they piss off enough people.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Duck and Cover ma man, dont you know thats all ya have to do? lol
edit on 5-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on 5-1-2012 by Odyssevs because: double post

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Im planing on moving into the forest. Into a lavvu or a cabin, Im tired of this world, and I feel like I need to rest for a long time.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What to do when we hear that WWIII has started

You won't have to do anything. You'll either be immediately DEAD, or you'll have some provisions put aside and have a hide away place that will keep you going for a short time. Once 'the big one' starts ... there is nothing to do but take it as it comes for a while ...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If WW3 starts I know what to do.

Put your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye.

I heard that a lot during the Cuban Missel crisis.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In the prelude to WW2 everyone thought the next war would be over really quick and would be fought by carpet bombing opposing cities into submission with WMDs.

An early(ish) form of MAD if you will, Germany even had stockpiled weaponised WMDs ready for use (G Series Nerve agents), but even when the situation got desperate and dire they never used them.

So if the Nazis could refrain from using the WMDs they had to hand, my hope is that if we enter a major conflict or another Great War then the ones we have, won't be used either.

But I am really not sure what to advise in the case of another Great War, only to say that I will be making sure my family and I are out well of the way, and not close to anything that could be a prime target.

edit on 5/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
So if the Nazis could refrain from using the WMDs they had to hand, my hope is that if we enter a major conflict or another Great War then the ones we have, won't be used either.

Brilliant, so even the Nazi's didn't use WMDs even though they could.
What was that country that used them as soon as they had some again (nukes)??

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sorry, absurd.

Why would Russia attack Germany?
Why would Germany "protect" Iran?
What would China gain from attacking any western country?

China right now is well off, if China would attack US or Western Europe..it would also mean the economical end of China. They could as well attack themselves.

And to be honest, the idea of us attacking Russia or Russia attacking us (us: the USA or Western Europe) is also somewhat bizarre. I might have bought this in the 80s..but to be honest is there a reason why Russia would want to attack Europe?

The more i look at it, the more i say that a global WW3 is actually a scenario which is not likely and not "beneficial" in any way, let alone from a military point of view...or as a "viable strategy" in ANY way...nothing would be gained from it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Werner Von Braun said the Nazi's gave America the nuclear bomb because "we were a Christian Nation and they didn't think we would use them".

If Werner Von Braun wasn't a liar, Germany refrained from using nuclear weapons also to defend itself.

I don't think he was a liar, he got put in charge of NASA.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
and I are out well of the way, and not close to anything that could be a prime target.

Heaving lived near Chicago and then in Berlin/Germany...i am also *now* well out of the way in some village in Spain which no-one knows...but i think many people forgetting something:

In my opinion, it would not need more than, say, 5-10 bigger nuclear detonations to completely contaminate the WHOLE globe, regardless where the bombs exploded.

If not already done, please lookup up chernobyl and the consequences..what fallout is and radioactive winter - and MOST IMPORTANTLY what half-life is
(I do have a feeling that many US Americans really are not clear about what consequences a nuclear bomb or a few might have...no offense..)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Good one dizz

That was my first thought.
You beat me to it.
I was "in" during that time period
and must have heard that a hundred
times a day from my DI.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

The point I was trying to make was that although the Nazis had WMDs they never used them so there is a chance should we enter another Great War that those in charge may refrain from using the WMDs we have.

I do understand WMDs where used in WW2 but in a limited fashion, the US is not the only one as Japan used them on the Chinese (e.g a variety of biological and chemical weapons where used on Changde in 1943) but the Japanese refrained from using them on Western troops for fear of reprisal.

My hope is that fear of reprisal would keep things more in check this time around

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Germany never had Nuclear weapons in WWII.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Oh no sorry I wasn't having a dig at you in any way and I did get your point, which I hope will be the case if things kick off! :-D

I was just having my usual dig at the only operational use of Nuclear weapons in history :-)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I did some research into this for a novel. if it is a 9/11 event ,then you hold out for help. if it is a global event that will take decades [perhaps centuries] to sort, you would have to weigh up the pros and cons of living...or not.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join