It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So I was watching NBC nightly news last night, and they were doing coverage of the Iowa Caucus. I got so pissed because once again they ignored Ron Paul. They talked about Romney having attacks on two fronts...one side was Santorum and Perry, and the other was Gingrich and Huntsman. Really!?!? Huntsman got 1%! Ron Paul got 21%! WTF??? I hope to gods Ron Paul either takes NH or SC. Once he takes one, there will be no way they can ignore him! Sometimes I wish I could crawl through the TV and just slap the crap out of these reporters!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I would say that this will end up biting them but Santorum came out of no where in Iowa and people are far more easily swayed than I believed possible. The only good news I suppose is that only 3.4 million people watch primetime news and we can expect 100 million voters this year. That means the majority can still be swayed by reason.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

"They" already cannot ignore him, "he" has become a force, a movement if you will.
Now Ron Paul is more than a candidate in many peoples eyes, he is an idea.
The seeds have been planted, all we have to do is nurture them best we can.
Many will ignore the elephant in the room as he has been in the corner all along, it is the Oak in the center that blocks the TV that will be noticed.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Originally posted by haarvik
I got so pissed because once again they ignored Ron Paul.

They ignore Ron Paul because he's as different from the other GOP contenders as Obama is. Ron Paul does not 'fit' into the 2012 GOP. (and this is GOOD thing.) His ideas do NOT coincide with what Republicans across this country THINK they're supposed to support. In 2012, the word "Republican" means Anti-Obama, Family Values (read anti-abortion and anti-gay "family values"), and the Dream of Theocracy. Santorum is the closest thing they have to someone who would force those values on the rest of the country and that's what the GOP and the voters seem to want to do. (Santorum raised $1M in 18 hours after Iowa)

Paul represents something ENTIRELY different. And unless he can convince the Republican voter that he is the man, they're going to vote for Santorum (for his agenda) or Romney (for his electability and ability to beat Obama.)

It is my opinion that Paul should QUIT trying to compete with the GOP contenders, who are SO different than he is and run as an Independent. NOW before the primaries. The more he is slated against Santorum and Romney, the more he will lose. Paul is like a fox in the henhouse, running for the position of lead hen... I don't think this is going to work for him.

Of course they ignore him. Some may think his differences make him stand out and that's true, just not in a good way to many brainwashed GOP voters and the media. I think he should stand apart from BOTH parties if he wants to take a new road.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Going independent right now would be seen as a defeat, perhaps even an act of desperation.

If he's so different from the Republican party circa 2012, then what's he doing in it at all...? Maybe he should have left the party a long time ago and run as independent from the start.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Going independent right now ....

.... would mean that Obama gets in for a second term. If Ron Paul wants to be POTUS he's got to do it with the (R) after his name. There are too many people out there who vote for the party and not the person. He has a much better shot at being POTUS by running as a different kind of Republican.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I actually think he should have run as an Independent from the start. That's more who he is. His ideas are independent from the agenda of BOTH main parties. I think he would have had a better chance had he broken away from the 'status quo' that he wants to change.

Maybe it's because I abhor the idea of political parties so much. But I wish he'd get out of the GOP. Many people just can't stomach voting for a Republican.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think I read your "statement" in an article somewhere else......

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Watch this and get involved.

If we band together, we can effect change.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Israelis will pick our next president and then the electoral college will confirm him.

Americans cannot win.

new topics

top topics

join