It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of the Military Do Understand The Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A fellow grad found this, and I thought I would pass it along....I have stood on the side of fellow men and women in uniform defending their ability to ethically evaluate a situation.....This is one example I am happy to pass along, when the SHTF, I have faith that they will choose properly....I understand that there are those out there that will say this is just one exception to the rule, yet from experience I can say this is the standard, not the exception.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
S&F mate!

thanks for sharing! i love hearing stories like this. makes my heart swell with pride!

also reminds me that not everyone is a dueche bag...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is not a good example if you ask me, I mean all he did was take some photos and then ended up getting arrested himself.

edit on 5-1-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

i agree...this isn't a great representation of what an armed, active soldier would do with his sergeant breathing down his neck.

it is nice to see things like this though!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by OwenGP185

i agree...this isn't a great representation of what an armed, active soldier would do with his sergeant breathing down his neck.

it is nice to see things like this though!

The response should be appropriate, he disagreed with her treatment. His action was justified, he stepped in the middle and didn't allow the action to continue down the path it was going. If they were performing a rodney king, I am sure his response would have been more, say, rough...However, to your point that is not how he would respond with a sergeant down his neck, that was a west point officer, he would be in charge of those units....Remember, I keep reading about the ethical fortitude of the commanders that will be executing unjust orders, he is one of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

good point. he would be the one giving the orders and breathing down the soldier's neck himself!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm so sick of these scumbag cops protecting the other scumbag cops.

No good cop involved.

People who defend cops always say the bad apples are 1 in 10 000... oh REALLY? Gee if it was that low, wouldn't the 10 000 cops beat the hell out of that 1 corrupt cop or at least kick him out?? But of course not.

What's going on is that a bunch of cops do bad stuff, then another bunch protect them, then a minority wants to speak up but if they do, there's a understood rule that they might not respond to the good cop when he asks for backup and that good cop might end up dead...

Most cops are just gang members with a fancy uniform.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A very sad story and I see little good coming of it for the man in question. He interfered with police business, appears to resist arrest and the officers involved will, I am sure, stick to their story. If and when it goes to trial, who will they believe? The word of a serving LEO or that of a civilian? While his intentions may have been honourable I can see the court/jury taking a dim view of it. Sad.

new topics

top topics

join