It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does council own the rain and all the water bores and dams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just a thought,
if they (council) can own the rain, we can demand them to keep their rain off our property for reasons like, I am painting my house today and it needs to dry, I am polishing my car outside tomorrow, We are have friends over for an outdoor lunch, We are getting married in the back yard, my washing is being hung out today ect ect.
If they rain on us without permission they will have to compensate I would think.

I heard this story over 5 years ago. Council (somewhere in the U.S) tried to sue a farmer because the pesticides on his crop wash down from the rain and killed some of the land next door which that council owned.
The farmer counter sued the council because their rain stole(washed away) his pesticide and he won.

Water meters on bores, council rates on dams, next we will be paying for air to breath, by the way the air is a bit ordinary lately.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by killemall
Just a thought,
if they (council) can own the rain, we can demand them to keep their rain off our property for reasons like, I am painting my house today and it needs to dry, I am polishing my car outside tomorrow, We are have friends over for an outdoor lunch, We are getting married in the back yard, my washing is being hung out today ect ect.
If they rain on us without permission they will have to compensate I would think.

I heard this story over 5 years ago. Council (somewhere in the U.S) tried to sue a farmer because the pesticides on his crop wash down from the rain and killed some of the land next door which that council owned.
The farmer counter sued the council because their rain stole(washed away) his pesticide and he won.

Water meters on bores, council rates on dams, next we will be paying for air to breath, by the way the air is a bit ordinary lately.

Well in Aus we're paying for the air we breath out. Well the carbon dioxide we breath out that was once with air we breathed in thanks to the worlds largest carbon tax otherwise known as the fart tax.

I think that councils don't claim to own the water but just charge for the services to deliver it to your household taps. Though it could be cheaper if you ask me.

I've never heard of meters on bores. that's a strange one and though there are council rates on lands just the land in general and not on any dams you may happen to have.
edit on 5-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I have heard all Australian states and territories to my knowledge have to complete water allocation plans as part for the National Water Reform Agenda by 2013
The farmers that water the ground from their dams, natural springs and bores to feed their cattle will be charged if it passes in the 2014 election.
This has been a hot topic on the land for some years now, I know this because we farm.

Fart tax,
What a B.S that is, only in Australia.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

That sets a good legal precedent!

Looks like we don't need insurance for flood now...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I have heard all Australian states and territories to my knowledge have to complete water allocation plans as part for the National Water Reform Agenda by 2013
The farmers that water the ground from their dams, natural springs and bores to feed their cattle will be charged if it passes in the 2014 election.
This has been a hot topic on the land for some years now, I know this because we farm.

Fart tax,
What a B.S that is, only in Australia.

Yep that's classed as industry I think and it's been a sore point for alot of years. Being the driest inhabited continent on earth doesn't make it any easier. Every time the Fed government wants to take control of the problem the states have a sook about it yet while the states have individual control it always ends up screwed. During any normal time I think the fed government should control it but at the moment the fed goverment we've got is doing too much damage with what they already do control.

I was refering to just basic property owners with dams and bores. A private 50 or 200 acres or something. Not the big cattle stations or farms. I'm not really up on the undustry side of things.
edit on 5-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
In the United States the State Governments have entered into Water Rights Agreements, which restrict the citizen right to “collect” rainfall for future use.

The State of Colorado has prosecuted its on citizens for installing rainfall collection devices. A citizen had installed gutters around the roof of his home and the gutter system flowed into collection barrels, the citizen had planned to use the collected rainfall later in the season to water his garden. The Stated sued him and forced him to dismantle the system.

The reason behind this action was the Collective States Agreement concerning the rain water run-off feeding the Colorado River.

How insane is that.

Even if every citizen in the State had rainfall collection systems installed it would not effect the level of the river. The water would still end up in the river and would appear in the most critical dry season as well.

These water restrictions that regulate rainfall is just a method to place the citizen under the direction of the establishment.

Don’t do it unless we tell you that you can.

Free thought is what is actually outlawed in cases like these.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Their cunning long term plan though, is that private water companies become the sole supplier to residential and industrial areas. Therefore, you need to pay them for whatever their installed metres say you have used. Collecting rainwater run-off would eat into their profits and, as well know by now (or should), profit trumps everything!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
In the United States the State Governments have entered into Water Rights Agreements, which restrict the citizen right to “collect” rainfall for future use.

The State of Colorado has prosecuted its on citizens for installing rainfall collection devices. A citizen had installed gutters around the roof of his home and the gutter system flowed into collection barrels, the citizen had planned to use the collected rainfall later in the season to water his garden. The Stated sued him and forced him to dismantle the system.

The reason behind this action was the Collective States Agreement concerning the rain water run-off feeding the Colorado River.

How insane is that.

Even if every citizen in the State had rainfall collection systems installed it would not effect the level of the river. The water would still end up in the river and would appear in the most critical dry season as well.

These water restrictions that regulate rainfall is just a method to place the citizen under the direction of the establishment.

Don’t do it unless we tell you that you can.

Free thought is what is actually outlawed in cases like these.

That is crazy! The cost of rain water tanks are subsidised by the state governments in Aus. Well they were and I assume they still are. And new houses built must have rainwater tanks as well. Though they're also still hooked up to the normal utility. Also new houses have recycles water supply for the lawns and gardens.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Rain water tanks that are subsidised by the state governments would (and I'm guessing) mean they own the tank and whats in it. Just another way of them putting their hand in our pocket and a means of controll also.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Rain water tanks that are subsidised by the state governments would (and I'm guessing) mean they own the tank and whats in it. Just another way of them putting their hand in our pocket and a means of controll also.

No it doesn't. You own the tank and the water. They also subsidise upright riding courses. The riding course you have to do prior to obtaining your motorbilke licence but they don't own your bike. Solar power, LPG conversion in your car and a whole lot more. They did subsidise petrol in my state but the current labor government stopped that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

They do own your bike because you registered it with them and they have the registration title.

Just the same as do you own the cash in your wallet? no it is for your use only but you dont own it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

They do own your bike because you registered it with them and they have the registration title.

Just the same as do you own the cash in your wallet? no it is for your use only but you dont own it.

Now that's just getting rediculous. Moving on now.

top topics

join