It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good example of a fundumental right of a human.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is one tough kid. I fell sorry for her and she's gone through alot for a young person by the looks of it

A young mother in America has shot and killed an intruder after a police emergency operator told her that she could do what was needed to protect her baby

One less creep in the world.

According to ABC News, the intruder shot by Ms McKinley had arrived at her home the previous week on the day of her husband's funeral claiming he wanted to say hello.

He returned on New Year's Eve with another man, who was armed with a hunting knife, and the two tried to get into the home, ABC News reported.

I don't know of anyone who wouldn't have done the same. I do know there's dooooo gooodeeeerrrrrrrsssss out there who would have something say about it but I say bravo to this girl.

au.news.yahoo.com...

edit on 5-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good for her that she had done, personally i think everybody must have the right to defend there family and property when somebody is entering it unlawfully unfortunately it is not always that way.

Lived in Turkey for many years and the law there is that when some one enters your property you can shoot him below the waste(so in the legs) when that person is in your bedroom you may shoot to kill and you are not being prosecuted.Try to find a link for that law.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

One should never shoot to kill.

It takes more people to care for the wounded or permanently disabled than it does to bury the dead.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

One should never shoot to kill.

It takes more people to care for the wounded or permanently disabled than it does to bury the dead.

The theory is good for the battle field. Though when you want to stop the person in the heat of the moment be it a battle field or not you'll always aim for the center of the seeing mass.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

OK, you are right, I just wanted to assure everyone that I can be morally reprehensible if necessary.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasi
Good for her that she had done, personally i think everybody must have the right to defend there family and property when somebody is entering it unlawfully unfortunately it is not always that way.

Lived in Turkey for many years and the law there is that when some one enters your property you can shoot him below the waste(so in the legs) when that person is in your bedroom you may shoot to kill and you are not being prosecuted.Try to find a link for that law.

Wow that's a strange one. I think it's a bit of a grey area under Australian law but going on past cases it seems that if you stop to think about it you might find yourself in a bit of trouble being that it's premeditated and all the crap.

I shot to wound your honour! Well then you're off to gaol because you planned it. That actually happened in regards to a break and enter where the thief was wounded.

I was in fear of my life so I just aimed and fired your honour! Ok case dismissed. That actually happened in regards to a break and enter where the thief was shot dead.

Which gives credibility to the saying that dead men tell no tales. A wounded one will lie through his teeth.

I was told years ago by a cop that if you're going to shoot be sure to kill because the evidence will present itself but if you wound them they will lie through their teeth and there'll be an army of do gooders on their side.
edit on 5-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The way I see it, if someone is stupid enough to break in to a house, they are bought and paid for. Light em' up.
She did exactly as she should have done.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem
The way I see it, if someone is stupid enough to break in to a house, they are bought and paid for. Light em' up.
She did exactly as she should have done.

I agree 100%

new topics

top topics

join