It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting conversation I had tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have an online game I play in the evenings sometimes; it's called Crossfire. I love it because it lets me get out my frustrations but that's neither here nor there. I've had a guy on my buddy list for almost a year now and we actually go to have a bit of a chat tonight which I wanted to share.

It all started when he asked me where I was from; I told him I am in Arizona and he replies back that he lives in Mexico. He said in about a year he plans to come to the US and live with his mom in Jersey. He's 24 and studying to become a lawyer. I told him he may want to rethink that move to the US because all hell is about to break lose. He wanted to know more so this is what I told him....

Obama just signed in to law that anyone, citizen or not, can be dragged away and held indefinitely and without a trial. I explained how the US government is setting up their "death camps" and I also explained that it's basically the US that's funding the Mexican drug cartels. He was SHOCKED......

He said "I thought Obama was a great guy." and my response was NO he's not but the problems started long before he ever took office. His reply was "So he's just a puppet?" and of course my answer was YES.

He doesn't know what to be more scared of now; the drug cartels in Mexico or the US government. He's coming here on a school visa so he's not going to be an illegal but I thought it was just an interesting conversation. I'm glad I was able to enlighten someone.....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
sounds like you woke him up.....

and i have to admit when i woke up i was terrified, but like neo in matrix, you cant go back to sleep..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
sounds like you woke him up.....

and i have to admit when i woke up i was terrified, but like neo in matrix, you cant go back to sleep..

Reminded me of when I first started to look stuff up.

Like a blow to the head but the swelling goes down with time.

But... Can we really go back to 'sleep'?

I know I can't.

ETA:
Oops, my bad. Misread your post.

Thought I read you can go back to sleep.

edit on 5-1-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

He doesn't know what to be more scared of now; the drug cartels in Mexico or the US government. He's coming here on a school visa so he's not going to be an illegal but I thought it was just an interesting conversation. I'm glad I was able to enlighten someone.....

you think you enlightened him? hopefully - if he's bright enough to get into law school - he's bright enough to think his way around this one

you didn't really do him any favors - if he can come here legally, you should get back in touch with him and tell him to get his ass to America

as scary as that legislation is - this is still the better choice - by far

by far

and also - maybe just my opinion - but this is more than just chit chat - this is a discussion worth having elsewhere

just sayin'

P.S. DJDigitalGem, it's not like I don't understand that you have the best of intentions - but this guy has a visa - to go to school

they don't hand those things out like candy - they are extremely hard to come by

even with all our problems - real or imaginary - our country is still many people's very first choice. There is a reason for this - please, take some time, look around - and get yourself some perspective

edit on 1/5/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I thank you for your reply and I agree, he should still come to the US. I was just letting him know it's not all roses and happiness right now. We need smart, young people to get involved and to start making changes!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I thank you for your reply and I agree, he should still come to the US. I was just letting him know it's not all roses and happiness right now. We need smart, young people to get involved and to start making changes!

yes - to everything

I was feeling a little cranky because, well - it's not all roses and happiness right now

and we do need smart, young people to get involved and start making changes

hopefully the brain drain out of Mexico will one day go back and rebuild Mexico

and...one day we might live in a country that doesn't assume that people, and even it's own citizens, are guilty until proven innocent - if they care to try and prove anything at all. You know, because - it now comes down to what kind of mood they're in at that moment...we might as well have a king

you remember - the country we lived in only a few short days ago? I want that country back

:-)

later DJDigitalGem

new topics

top topics

join