It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported, Chengdu, China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

i agree that it looks like its going left to right but,
if you look closely you will see that the camera is at a slight angle
look at the building. the left side is slightly higher up than the right side
so if you tilt the picture so that the building is even on both sides, then the sun does look as if its going up, not left to right as you state.
i believe it is an over exposed shot of the sun

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

I thought "it's the sun" but then there should be shadow in front of the building and other static things. I'm keeping an open mind...as usual!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thread closed pending staff review.

T&C specifically state that all posts must be in English. This also means that all links must go to an English site. The site posted is not in English and does not corroborate the image posted. There is no reference to where this picture was taken, when it was taken and any information surrounding it.

Until a better source can be provided, a source that has the image along with a story that can be properly translated into English, the thread will remain closed.

Please do not start a thread about this closure. It will be trashed.

If you have a legitimate complaint about this closure, use the Complaint Form.
edit on January 5th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OK, thanks to member Smurfy....
There is a tiny bit more info.....

Article HERE with video..

A UFO spotted over Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport in China on January 5, 2012 caused flights to be diverted or canceled. Photos of the UFO show an exceptionally large and bright unidentified flying object over the airport. The UFO was seen high in the sky above the airport; pictures from China Telecom website 91town.com show several motionless airplanes on the ground beneath the UFO

Since the source is very sketchy IMO....take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Abovetopsecret.com message boards commented on today's UFO sighting at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport in China:

The article seems to have been written after ATS suspended this thread.

I still find it interesting

"The flights were either diverted to other destinations & or cancelled today at Chengdu [Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport] airport, China. Similar case had occurred at Chengdu airport last year. According to the officials it was due to military exercise. However based on witnesses, airport staff as well as online news, there were UFO spotted at the airport. January 5, 2012."

But no source for the picture, and no names for the witnesses.

IF it is really as big and bright we could see in the picture, i hate to say this when it comes to UFO but we should see coming more pictures in the next few days or at least more details.

It is worth to follow this one..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Selyatek

Yeah there is a video on it www.youtube.com... with an additional photo, allegedly?

....like I said, it is all sketchy to me and I would not put much thought into unless a more legit source is found....
but there are some super duper amazing members here who can prob get to the bottom of it...if there is one

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selyatek
...IF it is really as big and bright we could see in the picture...

Again, I see nothing that tells me that picture has anything to do with closing the airport -- OR if that picture has anything to do with the alleged UFO sightings.

That picture could be the reflection of the camera flash off of the double-glazing of the plane's window, or maybe lens flare from the Sun. There is no reason to believe that photo is a photo of a UFO.

All we have is a story of UFO sightings and a photo from an unknown source. There is nothing that connects the photo to the sightings, except it seems to have been taken at the same airport -- although we don't know when it was taken, or if the photo is really of an "flying object" at all.

Like I said, it could be the camera flash, or maybe be the Sun (with glare), but the shadows don't seem quite right if it is. It could be lens flare from the Sun, with the Sun being out-of-frame.

edit on 1/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I really think there is something more to this.

Google search on the topic is very quiet and TBH it is deafening like there is a media blackout on the subject.

I am finding it hard to get any credible news sources or information from anyone that may have seen it etc. Would love to have some more Info on it and hopefully the ATS blood hounds can get something a little more meaningful for us.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

no way the sun would wash out the whole image to white if it was long term exposure. Plus there would have been more lens flare.

This thing looks like it's reflecting the sun.....MAYBE or giving off that blue light really brightly. I lean towards a higly polished surface reflecting the sun.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

you win! I'm sold on this...there was no way it was a long-term exposure of the sun. I would've been a different hue and would've washed out everything.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wait a minute. I do remember this image like a long while back ago.
That can't be recent.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The picture is from Chinese Twitter as indicated by the caption at the bottom right corner.
weibo.com/cdqg

according the to poster of that pic, he says he's not lying and it's his friend who works for an airline company.

this is the picture of the sign that was retweeted: ww2.sinaimg.cn...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
According to some comments replying to the picture poster, they say chengdu's weather was overcast that day.

Edit: Also, remember Chengdu is where J-20 test flights are done.
edit on 5-1-2012 by bobrules because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yeah but that image of the bright thing or similar too it, was posted way back a couple of months ago. Maybe it was on here, maybe it wasn't, but that object and the image are similar and it was at the airport, the last time too. I remember seeing this image or something similar to same thing.

I'll have to go find it now.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Quite neat to see that it says Chengdu area UFO.

If it was military training, why would they report UFO?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is not the first time this has happened.

Maybe they are looking for the secret recipe to barbeque pork. I wish I had it,

forgetomori.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Is the link for the video. It's a completely different scenario and I don't see how the video compares at all to the picture. This isn't on any of the ufo sites I frequent and it was taken back in November. Does make one wonder.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No not that one, it had the same brightness, might have a been a bit smaller then the image now.

Bah, I can not find the dang image. But, there is another image just like that one, running around on this dang web of the world.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If one reports a ufo sighting,people want proof.Things like pictures.In this case there is a picture which not be the sun in any way.At that time of the day,the sun is still upper-eastern skies.Plus the ufo is not a round ball of fire,it is actually a bit elongated.Another thing to exclude the sun is that the object has got a bluish hallow/glow around it and is pure white.Instead of being slightly yellow,as normally viewed from Earth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join