It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported, Chengdu, China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
few hours ago ATC at Chengdu Shuangliu Airport (ZUUU) send delayed couple of departure and arrival flight. from a screenshot of ATC information feeder, the reason of delay way because of an Unidentified Flying Object near the airport been reported,

the notification from ATC is very clear
because of UFO
因不明飞行物)
CA4402 return Lhasa
CA4431 and CA4293 return Chengdu
*SNIP*

ATS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
15i.) Language: The dominant language of our users and moderation staff is English. In order to promote a smooth-running environment and fair enforcement of the Terms and Conditions of Use (and the Terms and Conditions of Membership), you agree not to Post or chat in any language other than English.

IMAGE HERE

according to someone on board one of those flight waiting to land, the crew told the passengers there is a ongoing "military drill" and "the Chengdu Airport been temporarily shut down" so they need to land in Chongqing airport instead.
www.douban.com...
edit on January 5th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tobycd
the notification from ATC is very clear
www.douban.com...

Not for me.

S+F you.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tobycd

Now we are talking. I havnt cross-checked it yet, but if true then very exciting. Let's see what sort of chinese lantern these ones are.
Just kidding, at least is coming officially from the airport.

I will watch out to see how this develops.

StringTh

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Wow, this would be awesome except none of it makes sense to me since I don't have the slightest clue as to what the chinese website shot is saying. The picture, on the other hand, was very interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I cannot find any official news on this one, just mentioned in a few blogs.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

Bah, you beat me to it.

Interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The alien left a message too? How great is that!

Nah, all jokes aside I can't read it so I have no idea what it says.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
樊建川:12•30,已飞到成都双流机场,正下降,广播:成都机场封闭,因为军事演习。改飞到了重庆机场。第一� �因军演改降,军演也应该提前统筹嘛,啥子事怎么紧急呀?
//@樊建川:能让已经下降十几分钟,临近着陆的民航飞机重新拉起来,升高,转飞重庆,肯定是个仓促的临时的不� �已的决定。我也当过兵,绝不是普通军演。现在重庆机场停机坪上,不安排下机,排队加油,说是准备飞回成都� �

The text reads:

Fan Jianchuan: 12 • 30, has flown to Chengdu Airport, is down, radio: Chengdu airport closed because of military exercises. Change flew to Chongqing Airport. Change the first drop due to exercise, exercise should advance co-ordination thing, wisdom urgent matter how ah?
/ / @ Fan Jianchuan: let has dropped ten minutes, near the landing of civil aircraft to re-pull up, rise, fly to Chongqing, is definitely a temporary rush of last resort decision. I had been a soldier, is no ordinary exercise. Now Chongqing airport tarmac, the plane is not arranged, fuel line, said to be ready to fly back to Chengdu.

Google Translate

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tobycd

S&F Very interesting story/ thread. The ufo kind of looks like a picture of the sun but taken with a long exposure time.

edit on 5-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

That's actually a pretty decent explanation as to what that could be. Starred you for that

To the OP, it's said very clear to be a UFO? UFO could be anything.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Violence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Except that, depending on the time of day, the sun would either move toward OR away from the horizon. In the pic it appears (IF it is the Sun - which i doubt) to move left-right-left... Needless to say there would be other photographic problems the photographer would have had to deal with with long sun facing exposures...

Nope - not sure what it could be but I doubt it is the Sun. Possibly the sun reflecting off an outside lighting cluster OR even testing of lighting during the day as Apron lights can be pretty damn powerful!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
sorry if I missed it in your post or the source, but where is the link between the photo an the story? all I can see is the stroy, and this photo of the "light in the sky"

Is that a photo of what shut the airport down, or is it just a random image inserted at top of story to allow people to assume its the same event?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Nice story I'll star it but not flag until there's more info because the UFO image basically just looks like lense flare from the camera flash as it was taken inside the plane right next to the window

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violence
reply to post by Violence

Maybe, but this UFO is not an airplane, since it is an airport reporting the sighting.

The sun? .. maybe too, but why closing an airport because the sun?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Selyatek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tobycd

Nothing to see here people move along.

listen an aircraft/space ship could fly over the white house and hover over the white house and shoot a beam at he white house and sit there for 20 minutes. 10,000 people could witness it and it could be all ove the media and then the white house would come out and say it was not real I wa there and I did not see it. And then 10million people would go back and sit watching dancing with the stars and drink their coolaid. Oh I guess we really didn;'t see anything did we.
Nope.

Kind of like Ohare airport.
RIGHT

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selyatek

Originally posted by Violence
reply to post by Violence

Maybe, but this UFO is not an airplane, since it is an airport reporting the sighting.

The sun? .. maybe too, but why closing an airport because the sun?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Selyatek because: (no reason given)

The UFO could be anything.

The picture that looks like maybe the Sun reflecting in the double-pane of a plane window (or maybe lens flare) may have nothing at all to do with the "UFO" that the airport mentioned.

Nobody said the airport was closed because of that "object" in that picture.

edit on 1/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Download Google Chrome, that's what I use especially on foreign websites, a little bar will come down asking if you want to translate the website. It's pretty useful

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by tobycd

S&F Very interesting story/ thread. The ufo kind of looks like a picture of the sun but taken with a long exposure time.

edit on 5-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

Except if you look at the photo, you'll see there is glare from the sun on the curved panels in the foreground (looks like a walkway tube maybe) which indicates the sun is behind and above the photographer. The bright spot looks more like the reflection of a camera flash in the passenger window. Clearly the photographer was inside a plane, and if they had their flash on it would reflect back from the window. Airliner windows are double pane, so you get a reflection off of the inner and outer panes and usually the reflections are slightly offset. That looks like what we're seeing, a double-reflection of the camera flash.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I totally agree it could be a reflection in the window.

And for the airport i think this is really the one we are talking about.

Here's a link to the masterplans.
Airport masterplans

If you look the cylinder kind building with the triangle look like window, i think we are seeing a picture from this airport.

I don't think it is the sun cause long exposure will catch more light than just the sun.
Obviously not an airplane.

We will need more information but i find this one interesting. Not just the pic for it could be anything, but we have a story to match with, if of course they are related.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Selyatek

Maybe you misunderstood, so let me clarify:

I understand the picture of the "object" in the OP was taken at that airport. HOWEVER, there is no indication that the UFO that was mentioned to be the cause of the airport closing was the "object" in that picture -- and object that is probably just the Sun glaring on a window or in the camera lens.

My reply was in response to your question,"Why would they close they airport because of the Sun"

What I mean is that the object (which may be just the Sun) in the picture, a picture which was taken at that same airport, may have nothing to do with the UFO that reportedly closed the airport.

edit on 1/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join