It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Mass Suicide Force Gods Hand?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What if "satan" isn't actually what we call "evil"... Hes just doing a job God assigned him?

It cannot be both? He cannot be evil and doing a job God assigns him?

But my belief is that he had the same free will we are given, and failed miserably.

We sorta have a slight excuse, satan beheld God's power, Holiness, and glory and still thought he could exalt himself and his throne above God's.

See this is where we disagree...

IF satan is actually real, he is an angel apparently... i believe angels would know better then to oppose God... simply because it can not be done...

It is my belief that IF he exists at all... he is simply doing his job, which is to tempt mankind to turn from God...

Evil is man made... beyond humanity it does not exist.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by Dr Expired

isn't suicide a sin?

sounds more like the devils bluff than the lord's all in

The only sin Yahshua doesn't forgive is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Not to mention nowhere in the bible does it say or support that people who kill themselves go to Gehenna (hell). The jews that held out against the Roman's at Masada would never have commited suicide if it was or any other Israelite who chose to fall on his sword after being dishonored or failing Yahuwah.

That whole "suicide is a sin" deal was created by the Roman Catholic Church so that the peasants wouldn't kill themselves to escape their predicament, or the men and women who were forced into the clergy and convent against their wishes (which happened very frequently).

The 6th commandment is "You shall not Murder (not kill, the word kill was mistranslation). In the Old Testament/Torah war is not defined as murder. Even Yahuwah participated in the Israelites battles against their enemies. Murder is defined as killing in cold blood, anger, hatred and jealousy (Cain), not defending your home and your family or your people.

Least i never found any evidence to support suicide being a sin.
edit on 5-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

IMHO suicide is premeditated murder of oneself.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

IMHO suicide is premeditated murder of oneself.

Well someone asked my that question a month ago and i have been pouring over the bible and i haven't seen anything that has to do with it even remotely. People don't usually kill themselves in anger or cold blood, in jealousy or hate. Most people are broken hearted and depressed and see no other way out, others just want to die and get it over with and then there's those who suicide by cop.

In the old Testament murder was linked to killing other people, not yourself. It was left as a kind of open ended debate.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well, that's just my opinion on the matter like I said. I think suicide is the most selfish thing a person can possibly do. To me, it's still murder, and premeditated at that. It's still the snuffing out of a life that was skillfully and wonderfully made in the image of God.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Well, that's just my opinion on the matter like I said. I think suicide is the most selfish thing a person can possibly do. To me, it's still murder, and premeditated at that. It's still the snuffing out of a life that was skillfully and wonderfully made in the image of God.

I agree. God gave that man a soul. So that man does not have the right to abuse it, since it is not his "property" - it is only borrowed for a time.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

I agree. God gave that man a soul. So that man does not have the right to abuse it, since it is not his "property" - it is only borrowed for a time.

Amen! And more than that, it's given to us by Him to glorify Himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join