It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Mass Suicide Force Gods Hand?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

isn't suicide a sin?

sounds more like the devils bluff than the lord's all in

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What if "satan" isn't actually what we call "evil"... Hes just doing a job God assigned him?

It cannot be both? He cannot be evil and doing a job God assigns him?

But my belief is that he had the same free will we are given, and failed miserably.

We sorta have a slight excuse, satan beheld God's power, Holiness, and glory and still thought he could exalt himself and his throne above God's.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Seriously. What is with everyone posting their opinions as if they are a fact? Do you realize how ignorant you sound when you say, as if it were a fact, that "GOD DOES NOT EXIST". Even the people that get all huffy and defend that theory that "GOD DOES EXIST" are just stating their opinion.

You can't prove in this world whether or not God exist as there will always be a scientific and spiritual fact to prove or disprove the notion.

Even if God does exist you still can not rationalize an abstract concept like that into a tangible form of communication in which we could understand. It's like telling someone what an apple taste like who has never tasted an apple and may very well be incapable of experiencing the tasting of said apple.

Opinions are fun, sure, but only if you admit to them as your opinion and not tell others how to think and what to believe. Your opinion isn't a fact. It is an opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I'm a bit of a nitpick, grammar nazi kind of person. I'm just gonna through out their that, you should be referring to people claiming their beliefs as fact. Believe and opinion are different constructs.

While I have no beliefs in any deities, I don't go into threads regarding religion declaring "There is not god". Though I do participate in threads where that's part of the topic, I don't say it when it's off topic. I also never say it as a definitive either.

So I do agree with you on that aspect, it's disrespectful to anyone when people post not to contribute to the topic, but just to assert their beliefs.

Christians, Theists, and Atheists alike, all have annoying members like that in their groups. They all need to learn when it's appropriate. More evidence we're all the same, humans, first, and different religions second.

~
However, I didn't come in here to agree with you. I had a short in response to the OP:
I think we shouldn't try it. End story.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hasn't this already been tried by a variety of modern day cults? Fail.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

We see the Beautiful people with lots of money dominate the media, they smile and say cute things whilst cameras stream them worldwide.

God made it clear that this present world is merely a test...
so regardless of how rich, beautiful, poor or ugly one is.... he/she will be judged by the one who created them. The Creator knows the worth of a person.

Remember what Jesus said to the Roman.... "you have nothing of your own, but what has been given to you".
So let the rich, beautiful and the powerful realise that EVERYTHING they have does not belong to them, but rather, has been given to them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Seriously. What is with everyone posting their opinions as if they are a fact? Do you realize how ignorant you sound when you say, as if it were a fact, that "GOD DOES NOT EXIST". Even the people that get all huffy and defend that theory that "GOD DOES EXIST" are just stating their opinion.

Have you not read the stickied thread titled:

"ALL MEMBERS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying On Topic"

Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God. Does God really exist? While this is a worthwhile topic many members wish to move past this introductory theme, past Religion 101, and would like to dive into deeper topic of religion and faith. Are Christians required to keep all of the 10 Commandments including the Sabbath day? Are the teachings of Mohammed peaceful, a beneficial for people today? Do Mormons really believe in polygamy? Do all Buddhist monks have flashbacks before battle? We can't begin to truly discuss these topics if we're constantly arguing about if God is real or not...

If you have questions that deal with the existence of God or want to ask if Mohammed actually was a real person or a myth, then please start a new discussion with a meaningful, appropriate title and you may then dominate a new discussion with this theme in mind. Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being? Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

edit on 5-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
God never existed in the sense you are implying. Are their beings more powerfully than us...yes.

But they could care less of our plight.

So these beings, they do actually care about us then? I mean if they could care less, then they do actually care to some degree.......right?

Its not like they couldn't care less......................

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
With all the Hellish suffering being felt and experienced by not tens of thousands but tens of millions if not hundresds of millions of Human beings...the question sanely and with love could be asked.

Whilst as Phil Collins sang its ....just another day in Paradise..... for some...for many others it is brutally just another day in..... Hell.

We see the Beautiful people with lots of money dominate the media, they smile and say cute things whilst cameras stream them worldwide.
At the same time on this Earth, babies are being murdered in China and India by the tens of thousands every year because they are not future profitable.

In India people born into the wrong (sic) caste are vilified and herded into poverty for life.

We are not talking about a few human souls but millions.

The injustices of life are getting greater whilst ironically(sic) getting less media attention.

Who is defending the millions of suffering against the few who prosper by virtue of fellow humans misery?

Is it God?
What if we all just said as a "union of losers" .".we won't take it anymore"?

Would God weep and slay the winners who become rich by the exploitation of others?

Would God speak?...or would he just sneer?

It is getting late....and the weakend are dying...where is Love?...where is God?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Dr Expired because: word edit

Isn't it funny that the Christian and Jewish God said to love one another, to take care of one another and not kill, while the very people who are denying that God hate and kill. Yes, millions of people are dying, but at the hands of men.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nope, haven't read it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You are making God out to be something little that can be manipulated.

Haven't billions of people already died? It hasn't made a dent in the will of God as far as I can make out. If some chose to "go early" I can't see that it would make the slightest bit of difference either.

Perhaps we think death is a big thing, but to God it's just a step in the process. Like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, just a stage (& men & women are merely playaz).

edit on 5/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

We sorta have a slight excuse, satan beheld God's power, Holiness, and glory and still thought he could exalt himself and his throne above God's.

He never did nor does he aspire that. He did not try to exalt himself above God, but ABOVE THE HUMAN.

God ORDERED the angels and Iblis (satan) to prostrate before Adam as a sign of respect - and satan REFUSED saying that "he is better than the human, for he was made out of fire (plasma), while the human was made out of mud". THAT is the reason of his fall.

NOT that he wanted to become "greater" than God - that would be stupid, and satan knows that, he knows God, he knows he cannot be greater than God - he was just too prideful to prostrate before a mere speck of dust (man).

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Nope, haven't read it.

Well Sir, please glace at the OP in that thread. You're a member so it is applicable to you. Not trying to offend, but that last sentence I bolded and underlined is important.

Happy posting, welcome to the ATS family!

NuT

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

I'm speaking from a Biblical perspective. I'm sure you can find folks here who think satan is the one true god and the Living God of the Bible is the true devil.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'm speaking from a Biblical perspective. I'm sure you can find folks here who think satan is the one true god and the Living God of the Bible is the true devil.

I know. And I am speaking from the Qur'an and from the LOGIC perspective.

Satan KNOWS God. He was there. He KNOWS he can not be greater than him. The reason for his fall was that he refused to prostrate to Adam, it was PRIDE because he felt he is "better" than Adam.

This is why he was cursed and this is why he tried to deceive Adam and Eve - he swore that he will deceive "all mankind" except for those firm in belief.

he even pleaded with God to give him respite until the day of judgement - so God gave him time - which means he will live until the day of judgement and will try to deceive humans to make them leave the path of God.

And We have certainly created you, [O Mankind], and given you [human] form. Then We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was not of those who prostrated.

[ Allah ] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."

[ Allah ] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased.

[Satan] said, "Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."

[ Allah ] said, "Indeed, you are of those reprieved."

[Satan] said, "Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path.

Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]."
- 7:11-17

edit on 5/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Please don't insult me like that, I don't insult your intelligence even when we disagree.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Please don't insult me like that, I don't insult your intelligence even when we disagree.

?

How did I insult you?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
I believe that what were seeing take place right now is God turning the reigns over to us.

We humans are amazing creatures, but also very inclined to be evil and unfair to one another, and very stubborn and prideful.

I think God is letting us learn the hard way, hes still there, he hasn't abandoned us, hes just waiting to see what we do.

The 'reins' have always been in our hands...even the ability to choose when, how, why we are born, live and die...the parameters were 'set' a while ago, and intervention only relly happens under special circumstances and conditions...

Mass suicide would not happen as FREE WILL governs all human dealings, and not all people at the one time would 'submit' themselves to this.

Akushla

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
With all the Hellish suffering being felt and experienced by not tens of thousands but tens of millions if not hundresds of millions of Human beings...the question sanely and with love could be asked.

Whilst as Phil Collins sang its ....just another day in Paradise..... for some...for many others it is brutally just another day in..... Hell.

At the same time on this Earth, babies are being murdered in China and India by the tens of thousands every year because they are not future profitable.

In India people born into the wrong (sic) caste are vilified and herded into poverty for life.

We are not talking about a few human souls but millions.

The injustices of life are getting greater whilst ironically(sic) getting less media attention.

Who is defending the millions of suffering against the few who prosper by virtue of fellow humans misery?

Is it God?
What if we all just said as a "union of losers" .".we won't take it anymore"?

Would God weep and slay the winners who become rich by the exploitation of others?

Would God speak?...or would he just sneer?

It is getting late....and the weakend are dying...where is Love?...where is God?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Dr Expired because: word edit

He is getting ready for war. That's where he is. Be patient, we've waited for 2000 years, we only got a few more left to wait

Technically he's only been gone for about 2 days.
edit on 5-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

?

How did I insult you?

By implying you are the one using "LOGIC".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join