It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Found An Alien In Your House?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A strange thought came in to my mind during breakfast this morning. Our cat sleeps downstairs in the basement during the night with the door closed. Each day when I wake up and begin my day he tries to get my attention by meowing, bumping against the door and sticking his paws underneath it. It always reminds me of that scene from "Signs" when Rev. Graham Hess (Mel Gibson) is next to the pantry door trying to find out if there is really an Alien behind it.

I thought, "What would I do in a situation like that?". I'd probably grab a video camera as soon as I can and bring my laptop downstairs and stream a live stream of what would be happening to all of you. But that's not all. I propose a scenario. Scenarios, to be precise. Here are the specific factors in which your answer must base itself around.

What would you do if you found an alien in your house?

1) The creature is trapped behind closed doors, the door cannot open and there is no escape from the room it has been concealed in.

2) You sense that the creature is hostile, but you try do decipher if it's actually hostility or if it's simply because it's frantic because it's trapped.

3) You assume the creature to be a good size (near or slightly above 6ft) and weight (near or slightly above or below 150-180 pounds.

4) You do not no anything about this creature. You don't know if it has weapons, venom, poison, claws, teeth or anything, nor does it reveal any of these things to you in any way.

5) You live on the slight outskirts of town on a 10 acre lot. You have a phone, you have a gun and knives, you have neighbors and police that can get to your house within 30 minutes.

6) You have video cameras, webcams, digital photo cameras, internet, cell phone with reception and a portable computer (such as a laptop)

There are a few general ways I can imagine what some people would do in this situation. Yours may not apply to these, if that is the case then simply give a detailed description on what your reactions and actions would be. If your choices are or are similar enough to the following choices, than follow the continued scenarios.

Possible Choices

1) You decide that you want to capture all the information you can before anyone comes and helps you. You have your equipment ready, ATS up and running with posters firing off orders and questions, you take the gun just as protection but rather not even attempt to harm the creature. All you are looking for is evidence and study.

2) You decide that it's time to kill this thing as soon as possible. All you want is for you and your friends and/or family to be safe. You take the gun, arm yourself with knifes and bullets and try to go for the kill.

3) You keep the creature trapped and call the police. You phone your neighbors and tell them to get as far away as possible. You make sure the door to the room in which the Alien is trapped within is secure. Then, you wait outside for help to come.

4) You leave it there, believe that an incoming invasion is immanent and gather all the supplies you can gather. You go off to the most secluded area you can with the people you trust most, bring a bunch of survival guides and try to live in the wilderness, far away from civilization where you expect the aliens to only be interested in.

If your answer is near to or exactly that of which these four answers depict, please choose your answer from below and follow it's scenario. Ask yourself what you would do if after you decided to do one of these four actions, the scenario would continue as so. Then base your final answer on the full scenario your choice depicted.

Choice 1
1) You decide that you want to capture all the information you can before anyone comes and helps you. You have your equipment ready, ATS up and running with posters firing off orders and questions, you take the gun just as protection but rather not even attempt to harm the creature. All you are looking for is evidence and study.

You attempt to communicate with the creature, trying to calm it down at the very least. You try your best to make sure you absolutely do not mean it any harm what so ever. You put down the gun, far away from where you are just to clarify your readiness for a truce. You are about to open the door.

Please clarify what you would do next if one of the following two situations occurred.

~ You open the door. The creature comes smashing through pushing you to the side, cutting your arm unintentionally along its way to freedom. You manage to get very clear shots of the alien but are bleeding enough to render a swift trip to the hospital. How would you explain your injury to the hospital/police? What would you do with the footage you have? What would you expect to happen to you (government wise) if they got hold of the footage and knew you were injured by the creature?

~ You open the door. The creature is calm and collective, yet cautious. You have the video rolling and ATS waiting to see the next move. What is your first action with the creature? Do you ask it any questions and what are they? Where would you give or upload the videos that aren't being streamed?

Choice 2/b]
2) You decide that it's time to kill this thing as soon as possible. All you want is for you and your friends and/or family to be safe. You take the gun, arm yourself with knifes and bullets and try to go for the kill.

Please clarify what you would do next if one of the following two situations occurred.

~ You kick the door down, guns blazing and the creatures blood flying. You manage to kill it! What do you do with the body? Who would you contact? Would you let anyone know what had happened at all?

~ You kick the door down, guns blazing but the creature manages to disarm you without being injured. It blows through you and out the door to its freedom leaving a deep gash on your arm leaving you headed towards a hospital. How would you explain your injury to the hospital/police? What would you expect to happen to you (government wise) if they got hold of the footage and knew you were injured by the creature?

Choice 3
3) You keep the creature trapped and call the police. You phone your neighbors and tell them to get as far away as possible. You make sure the door to the room in which the Alien is trapped within is secure. Then, you wait outside for help to come.

Please clarify what you would do next if one of the following two situations occurred

~ Your neighbors all come to your house to make sure everything is alright instead of fleeing. What would you tell them? Would you refuse their entrance to your house? If they discovered what you were trying to save from them, what would you do?

~ The neighbors go as you told them to. Police arrive. What would you tell them? What do you think would happen to you when the government found out that you made first contact?

Choice 4
4) You leave it there, believe that an incoming invasion is immanent and gather all the supplies you can gather. You go off to the most secluded area you can with the people you trust most, bring a bunch of survival guides and try to live in the wilderness, far away from civilization where you expect the aliens to only be interested in.

CONTINUED TO THE NEXT POST!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Please clarify what you would do next if one of the following two situations occurred

~ You manage to escape to your secluded spot of nature. You live off the land and far from anything else, peacefully. How long would it take before you figured that the coast-was-clear if no sign of endangerment was ever heard? If you were to move back, what would you do with the information you know?

~ You manage to escape to your secluded spot of nature. Your inclinations were correct! Bombs are flying and you find your safety spot on an ever shrinking space, everything is closing in. What would you do if this situation were to occur?

And that's about it! I'd love to hear everyone's reactions to these questions in great detail, along with debates about the specifics and likelihood of everyone's scenarious

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If i were somehow certain an alien was in my home in all honesty i would run away a sfast as possible. I guess if it were trapped to my satisfaction id huck a camcorder into the room and call the cops. I wouod be worried about alien diseases and such and request PD contact cdc or something . I wouod definitely poo myself.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Dude what the hell is going on in your avatar and signature??

What I'd really do though, is everything in my power to get the pictures/video on my phone - because by God, it DID happen and I'd be angry with myself the rest of my life if I couldn't prove it. What could be more frustrating?

P.S. Seriously, wtf is it. It needs orthodontic work
edit on 5-1-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
if I were you... and this would be the hardest thing to do, is try not to look at him directly while you figure the situation out... because he might be able to blind you. you might just want to try keeping him in your periferals and before doing anything else, monitor the tension or energy in the room and see if you can get some kind of signal or feeling of the situation before making any sudden moves.... and hopefully you will not become paralyzed but you should see if your energy is being distorted or harnessed or bounced back at you or something.... before you go doing a bunch of stuff it might not like.

i mean don't you always get permission to record somebody?

I know, I know... lifetime chance and all... but should we really forget our manners.
It COULD be the last thing you do, you wouldn't want to look rude in heaven.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Unimaginable horror.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
GAR! narf SHHHHare gernid!!!, Ba shas whan nee Hute bre??, Hute dree??? welcome! come, sit!!! Do you want to have a beer?? a drink??? knowing my luck water would be like Tequila, say the wrong thing and look out galactic war

link   
reply to post by Ghost147

only one answer dont steal my glenfiddich ya------

link   
What I would do is what I think most people would do in that situation(Anyone who is being entirely honest). Be very scared. The very thought of alien abduction or aliens in general seems to provoke a primal fear in people.

If I were able to get over that fear ( That is a big if) then I would get curious, try to communicate with it. See what it wants and why it is in my house.

That is all I can say for sure. Anything else is more speculation than I want to get into.
edit on 5-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'd make sure it was okay first. I'd apply first aid if necessary/possible. Then I'd make sure my guest was well fed and rested. And finally I'd make it feel at home for as long as it needed shelter. I suppose I'd learn anything I could in the process and find a way to communicate somehow. I mean a guest is a guest, right? It'd probably be more interesting than most of my friends. And it'd probably be more courteous too. :p

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you were smart...you would run like hell and move! Let me make this clear from a perspective from someone who has a bit of information. You DO NOT want any race of E.T. taking a personal interest in you or your family.
Just leave....let a Real Estate broker sell the house. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
If you were smart...you would run like hell and move! Let me make this clear from a perspective from someone who has a bit of information. You DO NOT want any race of E.T. taking a personal interest in you or your family.
Just leave....let a Real Estate broker sell the house. Split Infinity

oh...

and what site did you read today?

*snicker*

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by SplitInfinity

Why not? I'd be interested in them if I was on their planet. If they had the technology to reach us, then They probably wouldn't need to resort to anything too greasy. Now if there was a whole army of the little bastards I might get worried.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
What I would do is what I think most people would do in that situation(Anyone who is being entirely obvious). Be very scared. The very thought of alien abduction or aliens in general seems to provoke a primal fear in people.

If I were able to get over that fear ( That is a big if) then I would get curious, try to communicate with it. See what it wants and then teach it to knock before entering.
edit on 5-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

I like your realistic approach to the way you'd actually react. Most of us would need a change of underwear...

I think I'd also call as many people to my house as I could to get witnesses/pictures/video of the intergalactic perp.

BTW OP I like the thread idea quite a bit. I'm always a fan of the "what ifs"

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I would either do a live videostream or just setup my tripod and cam and get ready to tango with it to prove that aliens are real once and for all. If i die, then so be it. If i do the live streaming, id probably make live stream videos prior to catch a crowd before hand.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
I would either do a live videostream or just setup my tripod and cam and get ready to tango with it to prove that aliens are real once and for all. If i die, then so be it. If i do the live streaming, id probably make live stream videos prior to catch a crowd before hand.

trouble is... it won't even prove it.

somebody will just call it cgi or a robot.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Try to seduce it with my best Capitan kirk impersonation.

For reals -
I would find a way to open the door from a safe distance behind a home made barricade. With my gun pointed to the door. After opening the door try to communicant in some way. If the Alien just leaves peacefully without saying anything then I would be cool with that. If it comes at me all hostile shoot the mo-fo west side style and ring up the media after making sure its dead.

I want the whole world to see so I would call up as many people as possible before the MIB shows up, hopefully they don't have those memory wipers for real.

EDIT: Oh and if it does communicate with me, then I would see about getting a joy ride in its spaceship. Maybe figure out all that meaning of life stuff if they know about it. Thats barring I could open a meaningful dialogue, and a thousand other variables.
edit on 1/5/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/5/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I would teach him to garden and try to persuade him into getting his green card.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Keep it as a pet and hide the alien from the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Depends if the Alien seems hostile or not.

I know what this guy would do thou lol.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join