It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Chris Kyle punches Jesse Ventura

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Jesse is a "Has Been" which is better than a "Wanna Be". (Not calling you that by the way.)

As such, he should know the rules that Vets have amongst themselves. He knows these things yet by provoking, made a fool of himself and others by provoking.

As a Vet, I have respect for all other Vets, but when one crosses the line. I remind them they are human. Mostly through conversation, but sometimes through action.

Jesse was just reminded. That's all.

If you're angry at some posts...take a step away from the confuser and do some push ups or other excersize until the anger subsides. It has done me wonders.

I'm in better shape now than when I retired.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

yea but they were in a bar drinking, once alcohol is involved both stories are doubtful in my opinion. People fight just for staring at each other wrong in bars. I can only imagine the muck that Jesse would say while drunk because he's pretty much vulgar when he's sober. But hitting a 60 year old man is wrong regardless of what words were slung around. For a vet like the SEAL dude, he should of shown some personal restraint rather than carrying on an argument with a known ranter.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

True, both should have known better and booze does have a tendancy to make people braver than they should be. The fine line between bravery and stupidity comes to mind here.

But if Jesse instigated it and was becoming a threat, sometimes a first strike is warrented.

Regardless of whether he is 60 or not, he is a big man and I'm sure he can take care of himself. However, when you take two Vets who are at odds with each other in a fisticuffs brawl and one is thirty and one sixty...chances are that the thirty year old will come out on top.

These guys are Alpha personalities, don't forget that. Chances are neither were backing down once words were exchanged.
edit on 5-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
LOL! He's a real tough guy hitting an old man!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well since his country can tell him what to do, hopefully his country could tell him to kiss his own ass

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

Yes I know what you are saying, but he was not a real seal as he keeps saying he is. That was the point I am trying to say.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What a tool. Hit an old man and then ran like a little school girl. They sure have lowered the bar since I was in the military.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong...

But don't servicemen swear an oath to serve the constitution?

Maybe I missed the memo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ventura is good at throwing the tough guy routine around .... looks like he wasnt too tough when it mattered.

There's an old saying Jesse: dont let your mouth write a check your body cant cash.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

True, both should have known better and booze does have a tendancy to make people braver than they should be. The fine line between bravery and stupidity comes to mind here.

But if Jesse instigated it and was becoming a threat, sometimes a first strike is warrented.

Regardless of whether he is 60 or not, he is a big man and I'm sure he can take care of himself. However, when you take two Vets who are at odds with each other in a fisticuffs brawl and one is thirty and one sixty...chances are that the thirty year old will come out on top.

These guys are Alpha personalities, don't forget that. Chances are neither were backing down once words were exchanged.
edit on 5-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

no doubt i hear you on the alpha personality part, but it wasn't a fisticuff brawl, the SEAL suckerpunched him and ran

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

I respect the SEALs reserve. You can tell he didnt prefer to talk about the incident. He was very modest. It adds a lot of credibility to his story.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Sucker punched. Lol if you wanna be disrespectful in the wrong place be prepared. Old wrestler vs young seal. You gotta be stupid to do that. Sucker punched on not Ventura had a .0000001% chance to leave that brawl the victor.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
jesse woke me up so im grateful for that.

Jesse woke you up so you can be more easily led astray.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ventura, in case many of you haven't noticed, lacks that common sense filter between mouth and brain...and paid for it, apparently.

He's an idiot when all is said and done. ...and what little respect I had for him is somewhat lessened if this episode is even remotely true.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Besides the point, I'm glad he got knocked in the face. He deserves it. Show some respect to soldiers, politics aside this man is doing his job. You dont mess with the best Special Forces.

Ok let's analyze this and see why this statement borderlines lunacy.

1. So glad he gets knocked in the face? (for what reason? He deserves it? Explain?)
2. Show some respect to soldiers? (Why? For what reasons? He has explained why does not, you should too for the corollary.)
3. Politics aside this man is doing his job (So anyone given a job is innocent of actions while said job is carried out? Politics is one of the key facets of why he does not support the troops, the politics ties into their "job" and why they are there. Please state why politics are "aside"?)
4. You don't mess with the best special forces ( this one puzzles me as it sounds more like a adolescent attitude alluding to a possible threat. Not really a sound argument if used in the context of a statutory case and saying"you don't mess with a star Lakers player" ((see what I did there
)) )

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
"i serve my country, my country tells me what to do"

not even a "why"?
this guy is such a loser.

"you see that boy? go get it"

since when do we vote as a COUNTRY to have actual "say" in what the military does?
you mean a few men that don't give a # about you.
edit on 5-1-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Jesse should be punched for walking around claiming that he was a SEAL, when in fact he wasn't. Not to mention that he never saw one second of combat.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
....Tough guy. I'd love to see him and Ventura have a fair fight, and we'd see who's the big man afterwards. Who cares if Ventura is old enough to be this clowns father, I bet he'd still whoop his punk ass. Sucker punching a guy who has at least 25 years on you, then running away before he could hit you back. YEAH! Total badass! Cool hat also, bro!

This guy is a mindless idiot anyway, gladly serving whatever tyrant ships him away to some far off land to kill people, because he signed up to take orders. Opie and Anthony are complete douche bags too.

I love how they're making fun of his old age, but then giving that guy props for hitting an old guy. :shk:
edit on 5-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Laxpla

Jesse should be punched for walking around claiming that he was a SEAL, when in fact he wasn't. Not to mention that he never saw one second of combat.

Jesse was in the UDT which is the precursor to the SEALS and was also a SEAL still after the transisiton. Please take the time to research before posting bogus facts. k thanks bye

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

From September 11, 1969, to September 10, 1975, during the Vietnam War era, Ventura served in the United States Navy. Ventura graduated with BUD/S class 58 in December 1970[7] and was part of Underwater Demolition Team 12 (UDT).[8] The UDTs were merged with the US Navy SEALs in 1983, 8 years after Ventura had left the Navy.

source

Ventura was not a SEAL, he was UDT, which became the SEALS at a later date.

edit on 5-1-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join