It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU think about HR 3166, FBI now watching Political activists... will we lose american citiz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This act has been posted about once before, but with the new laws passing and the seeming start of marshall law
www.govtrack.us...

[H.R. 3166: Enemy Expatriation Act
112th Congress: 2011-2012
5%
95%
To add engaging in or supporting hostilities against the United States to the list of acts for which United States nationals would lose their nationality.

Sponsor: Rep. Charles Dent [R-PA15]
Status: This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Explanation: Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee.]

Now this act scares me, and now the US has gone and started the NDAA, which Obama insisted the wording be in there and that his administration would not do such things... sorry dont have the link atm. He then swore that he didnt need that part of the NDAA anyways to detain citizens without trial indefinetly....

They are also trying to pass SOPA,

Now i see this for the first time... they already have started implementing the arrests of people who are not violating any rights but free speech which was supposedly legal,

occupyamerica.crooksandliars.com...

banks bought out the cops to do that

judicial-corruption.net... ilence-the-growing-movement/

Now i see that they are watching all types of activists

and deploying troops for an iran war

www.presstv.ir...

is this truely abandoned, i wouldnt be suprised if it was in the works behind closed doors, what do you think? are we now going to lose citizenship as well, then be detained and tortured?

edit on 5-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: vid link broken needed to fix

edit on 5-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: edit title to add more info

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why are things going more down hill than usual. I guess its always been this way after ww2. But these last ten years are ridiculous. Theres got to besot thing we can do that won't take a long as voting in good politicians. Didn't only 7 senators vote against the NDAA? What can we do to avoid our doom? How do we boycott the government?
edit on 5-1-2012 by sladewilson because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

the USA of has been classified as a battlefield therefore we are under laws of war, under the NDAA2012 Sub Sec D, 1021 1022, apply. Now if you should be arrested and detain by commenting a hostile or Belligerent act, you will lose all rights as a US citizen, please do not make me search for all the links going over this,it is giving me a migraine, you can see most of the info with links in my profile. HR1540 S1867 1031 1032 this one link should say it all www.abovetopsecret.com... the sad thing is we let this happen when they the Gov said the P act will be law, then we let it happen when TSA said we will grope you, now we can not do nothing, not even say boo hoo. We can for now, it is not yet enforced, 55 days till it is.

edit on 5-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sladewilson

as Bush said "your with US or against us" this just gives that teeth to bit you with, er one way ticket to GIT MO.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Suppose a person is stripped of his or her citizenship (and kept free). What then?

The government can expatriate a person to another country (an cannot without permission?), but not being a citizen, can't stay there indefinitely (of course, i would think most decent countries would grant stay) or can't even get in without having citizenship of another country.
The Government can rendition said person to an overseas (CIA?) prison, Guantanamo, FEMA, whatever.

Point i am making is this: if a person is stripped of his or her US citizenship, and then has NO citizenship anywhere, what is that person to do? Purely hypothetical, but worth thinking about.

Kinda freaky, and i have NO idea what would happen in this extreme hypothetical situation, if said person was tripped and kept his or her freedom.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I feel like this standpoint of being able to lose it is a scam.

If you have ever had an adult play the "got your nose" game on you when you were a child, where they touch your nose, and then take their thumb and put it between 2 fingers in their fist? This law feels like that. Where the national "authorities" say they have your nose, but it's an illusion.

I was given citizenship when I was born in the USA. Not cards, or birth certificate, is my actual citizeship but the fact that my mother split herself in two giving birth to me within USA borders. The same holds true for anchor babies, regardless of how conniving that method is.

"They", or whoever is going to be the citizenship grim reaper, would have to go back in time and erase the planet to take away my citizenship. Or, they could kill me. But no, they can't just "change their mind" about who I am, for me, any more than I can change my mind of what they are to me.

The idea reminds me of a Roman Republic. In Ancient Rome, citizenship was special. There were certain laws to follow to keep it, if I remember it involved land ownership, military service, bloodlines, and financial leverage, and tax service. You had to have something special to have citizenship in Ancient Rome. Otherwise, what was it? Plebian? Or a slave? An outsider, a heathen. But what makes the great USA so great, is that it is automatic (for newborns).

Are there any other countries on the planet in 2012 that attempt to excommunicate their citizen population?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

if your a US citizen then you go to camp Git MO or to prison or released if deemed non threat , and you get citizenship back. If your from Mex you go back after your stay er detention , that is as long as there is war er hostility's or released if deemed non threat , and you get citizenship back. but you still spend time no bail and it could be till the end of war er hostility's... nice thought uh?

edit on 5-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I'd like to know what the government's definition of "support" is. If I broadcast a story that doesn't paint our enemies as ruthless barbarians does that mean that I'm supporting them? If I point out that our own government is in bed with these same terrorists when it advances their agenda, men that we're supposed to be killing, does that make me an enemy of the state?

NDAA took our 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment rights away. Next up is the 1st Amendment, and then the 2nd; they aren't even trying to hide what they are doing anymore. I hope everyone that voted for Obama and who insist on keeping their corrupt legislators in Congress are happy. Congress has a 13 percent approval rating, but it's always someone else's Senator or Representative that's the problem.
They are ALL part of the problem, get rid of them!

You wanted change, from an unknown that to this day refuses to reveal anything about himself and is a proven liar, and many of you voted for him to assuage your guilt over being white (which is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard of.)

Well now that you have your change, how's it working out for you?
edit on 1/5/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It appears this is to augment the NDAA 2012. Since at least one reading of the NDAA says that it doesn't give additional powers to the government regarding arrest and detention of US citizens, this new bill seeks to empower the government to strip citizenship of persons before the NDAA is applied. That way they first strip a person of citizenship before arresting and detaining indefinitely without any challeges from courts. These guys are really devilishly cunning!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Let them watch, it may show them what is really going on. Remember sibel edmonds, thats one less fbi agent thanks to the truth. And they call the american people extremists
american citizens dont go around giving gag orders.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
The idea reminds me of a Roman Republic. In Ancient Rome, citizenship was special. There were certain laws to follow to keep it, if I remember it involved land ownership, military service, bloodlines, and financial leverage, and tax service. You had to have something special to have citizenship in Ancient Rome. Otherwise, what was it? Plebian? Or a slave? An outsider, a heathen. But what makes the great USA so great, is that it is automatic (for newborns).

Evidently there are some who believe this automatic citizenship is not such a great idea.

By the way every country has automatic citizenship by birth, some by birth in the territory, some by descent (at least one of the parents is a citizen) and some both.

Are there any other countries on the planet in 2012 that attempt to excommunicate their citizen population?

None that I am aware of. But then the USA is special, right? They don't have to follow what others do. They can invent their own rules.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

it is to vague to understand, no one is saying boo about it... state rep and sen office... others will say had no clue, that's nothing new remember the signing of the "P"act ?

new topics

top topics

join