It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: The story behind the Ron Paul newsletters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Southern Guardian

So if I follow the essentials of what you're saying, Ron Paul is NOT a racist but is INDEED a negligent newsletter owner?

No where did I state that I believed Ron Paul did not write those newsletters, atleast until the supposed ghost writer fronts up. Regardless, I wouldn't buy the excuse that he would be clueless about them either, in this scenario. Considering that as recently as 1992, Rockwell was working closely with Paul on a possible presidential campaign, he clearly was in full access to the content of those newsletters. My comments about Paul being negligent over supposedly giving his name to a ghost writer does not absolve him of the racist rhetoric either.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Your whole post is like one huge RANT in my direction spotted with claims I never made and dozens of questions.

I don't really dig the tone so I'm not gonna debate you in this.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I don't really dig the tone

I was clearly responding to your arguments piece by piece, I am terrribly sorry I didn't respond to you in the manner you would have much prefered

As for the tone I'm setting, if you're really so offended by my tone in this thread, you will not be prepared, as a Ron Paul supporter, for the tone he'll receive if he manages to get the nomination. Now, are you actually going to respond to my previous post?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Hmmm...so you're leaving your options open for when the evidence comes out, so that you can blame him for either being a racist or a negligent newsletter owner?

Seems like a lot of people are waiting for that Ron Paul, "AH HA GOTCHA" moment.

The ones who previously accused him of racism aren't courageous enough to show up in this thread though, haha.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here's a link to the "Urban Violence" piece in full. Compare the rhetoric and the paranoid quasi-racial language. It is extremely likely that Powell was one of the ghost writers for the newsletter. Also, the timing fits perfectly.

Urban Violence

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Hmmm...so you're leaving your options open for when the evidence comes out, so that you can blame him for either being a racist or a negligent newsletter owner?

I'd believe him to be a racist either way, though this belief is not restricted to these newsletters. However, going back to the newsletters themselves, I only see two scenarios, either he really wrote them, or by the least he was aware of them well before they were exposed. I don't buy the theory that he was clueless of them all these years, considering he was reaping the benefits from them at the time, considering that he was also promoting his newsletters in the mid-90's, and considering that Rockwell was still working closely with him in 1992. Though, Paulers would have us believe that Ron Paul was totally unaware all this time until they were conveniently exposed. No.... no it doesn't work like that.

I'm still of the opinion though that if the ghost writer came forward and took responsibility for the content of those particular newsletters, this will help bring down the issue.

The ones who previously accused him of racism aren't courageous enough to show up in this thread though, haha.

I think his a racist, I've said this numerous times on other threads, so here I am.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I'd believe him to be a racist either way, though this belief is not restricted to these newsletters.

Based on............?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Here is PART TWO of the newsletter saga

The name of the 'other' newsletter writer

www.fox19.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The newsletters exist...Ron Paul's name is on it...end of story.

It either proves he is racist, he condones racism, or he is incompetent to the point that he doesn't oversee his own newsletter.

Unfortunately for Ron Paul...this is just one of many very negative things attributed to him...and just one of many racist themed points raised against him.

There is more than enough smoke here for me to determine that there is a fire hidden somewhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

You rock man! I came here specifically to make sure somebody had posted this.

We need to send Ben Swann a fruit basket.
edit on 6-1-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Of course, because you've invested so much time into bashing Ron Paul, you'll never admit you're dead ass wrong. The fire is "hidden" somewhere, that's funny. Also funny how you conveniently ignore that Ron Paul has fought for equality in our justice system, worked hard to ensure MLK got a REAL holiday, and has stated, from his own mouth several times that MLK and Rosa Parks were personal heroes of his. Funny how you ignore that Ron Paul has consistently fought for rights of INDIVIDUALS and not races, which was MLK's dream. Funny you ignore Obama's link to Jeremiah Wright, plenty of smoke there too.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Ron Paul voted against the MLK holiday. You are referring to him voting for them to change the date from a Monday to a Sunday. Lies should not be spread...and as a supporter, you should know this information.

Not many racist come right out and say they are racist...but they give enough hints that you can make the call. And racists famous words..."I'm not racist, I have a friend who is black"...that kind of reminds me of Ron Paul saying MLK is his hero...and then voting against a holiday for him.

Ron Paul is racist in my opinion and in many other peoples opinion. That is not going to change...he has too much racist baggage attached to him for that to ever change. (not to mention sexist and homophobic as well).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

No evidence to your claims. Sexist and homophobic? LOL, yea, you're tooottaally against lies.

Not voting for a holiday for MLK is not evidence of racism and if you really think it is, something is VERY wrong with you.

Where is Rosa Parks' holiday? She doesn't have one....EVERYONE IS RACIST...AND SEXIST.

Great logic there.

edit on 6-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

It is my opinion of Ron Paul...I base it on his policies and his own statements.

You don't have to agree...I'm not asking you to...it is my personal opinion....a personal opinion can not be a "lie".

You act shocked to hear people have this opinion of him...I suggest you do a little more research on people's opinion of Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You don't have to agree...I'm not asking you to...it is my personal opinion....a personal opinion can not be a "lie".

Then why argue about it? You have your opinion, but its not going anywhere so why waste your time trying to convince us about your opinions toward Ron Paul which most of us here find flawed to begin with?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I'm free to express my opinion as often and where I choose to.

The argument only starts when others won't to say my opinion is wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by 27jd

Ron Paul voted against the MLK holiday. You are referring to him voting for them to change the date from a Monday to a Sunday. Lies should not be spread...and as a supporter, you should know this information.

Wrong, it was the other way around. He voted to change it FROM Sunday TO Monday, so it was a real paid holiday. As a supporter I DO know that, and YOU'RE the one spreading lies. What a surprise.

www.govtrack.us...

www.govtrack.us...

I wasn't able to find any official records of him voting against an MLK holiday...could you perhaps provide some?

"Rosa Parks is one of my heroes. Martin Luther King is a hero. Because they practiced the libertarian principle of civil disobedience, non-violence. Libertarians are incapable of being racist because racism is a collectivist idea, you see people in groups..." - Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
double

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Wrong, it was the other way around. He voted to change it FROM Sunday TO Monday,

That was an amendment. Paul actually did vote against MLK holiday, he voted against honoring MLK in congress:
www.govtrack.us...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Can ANYONE in the Entire United States of America come up with ANY OTHER Instance where The Right Honorable Dr. Ron Paul Personally Exspoused or Voiced a Racist Comment to ANYONE at ANYTIME other than the Dubious Claims of Racism Indirectly attributed to him in this So Called Ghost Written Newsletter ? If not , then I think this Man needs to have an Apology from Every News Reporter and Commentator that has brought this Story to light . The Deliberate attempt of Defamation of Character is Still a Serious Offense in some Americans Eyes.........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join