It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: The story behind the Ron Paul newsletters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ben Swann (of Fox 19 WXIX) states that he covers material/information that nobody else has.

No opinions, all facts, see it for yourself.

www.fox19.com...

If anybody knows how to embed the video, feel free, or PM me so I can do it in the OP but it hasn't been working for me.

p.s. I love timelines.

edit on 5-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Not this again.. Can we stop bringing up the newsletters already? Plenty enough topics on this matter which has already been sufficeintly debunked as a mainstream media straw-grasping attempt to sling mud at him.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Damn you ElPres!! You beat you to the punch again!!

There is supposed to be a part 2 that comes out tomorrow as well on this story. Personally I am looking forward it. That being said, I really think that this brings up more questions than it answers, but it sure does appear that there is a very strong possibility that Ron Paul is speaking the truth.

For Paul supporters, that will not be shock. The man we have come to support has our support because many of us feel he is an honest, honorable man.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i agree... for the love of god, give it up

also your source is from fox...need i say more?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

lol watch the vid buddy, I'm on your side. haha

And even if I wasn't, I wasn't 'claiming' anything, I was letting the report speak for itself and you come to your own conclusion, this is the fair reporting that we're always screaming for.

Jazzfox, watch the link and have an open mind is all I suggest. FOX 19 WXIX is NOT apart of the FOX network that is infamously known for their 'fair and balanced' news reporting.

Wendal, I actually wasn't going to post it since I thought others have done it already but I visited ATS and saw that nobody posted it.

edit on 5-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yeah i know, i actually watched the vid, it´s just that even bringing this matter up is bad, even if it is in a "good way".

Some people will not bother to watch the clip in it´s entirety and assume it is new evidence that he wrote them lol. Others will just get "reminded he is a racist" in their narrow minded stupor and push out some negative vibes.

And in the end you will just attract those 6 brain-damaged-zombies around here that will star every negative Ron Paul remark which will end up spewing out their trollish nonsense, staring each other and waste alot of peoples time trying to defend him again and again in vain...

Seen to much of this already. Get my point?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I don't hide the truth, none of us should. That is what the establishment and elites do, but not me.

If you think the trolls will come (and they probably will) you don't have to pay attention to them, I'm starting to practice it myself.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I hear you, however i think anyone with a brain can see that this is just a blatant smear attempt orchestrated by the MSM with little to no credibility, if you really do some digging.

What is more intersting to me though, is that they all seem to act in unison, which clearly signifies this order comes from higher up. That they do not want Ron Paul to win is clear, and they are trying to use the MSM to steer the public opinion. Since there are so many sheeps out there, they will probably succeed, however what is even more interesting here is WHY.

Most intelligent people can see that he clearly makes the most sense and the people that support him, LOVE him. I think even these "higher ups" can see this, even like him, and this may IN FACT be the reason they do not want him to win.

Ponder this; They know that he is incorruptible, so they know that if he won, they would have to kill him. They probably do not want to do this, since he is such a likeable and good hearted man, that may be why they are sparing nothing to discredit him so he wont end up winning.

There are clearly greater forces at work here, you would have to be blind to not see it.

What i propose is that we aim our sights in this direction, try to come up with a workaround for this much larger problem... because it will not go away even if the newsletters does. Trust me on this one.
edit on 5-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am going to post this video, I had it in my earlier thread, but I guess threads become really old quickly since people make vast amounts of posts a day...

If you like Immortal technique you will like this guy, and if you don't like hip/hop with bad words just watch the intro!

Prestige - #### The Media

We need to spread the word, and fight against the MSM... The Media Empire Must be demolished!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Well the bottom half of the article gets me:

Specifically, none of those racist newsletters had a byline, says Kirchick, except for one.

One newsletter that contained the byline of someone else, not Congressman Paul.

But Kirchick fails to disclose two very important things: who's name was in that byline, and which article they wrote.

He only states that the mystery writer wrote "One special edition" of the Ron Paul Report.

The only special edition I can find is the 1992 article, "A Special Report on Racial Terrorism."

Why is that important? Because this edition of the newsletter that is most often quoted to prove racism.

So does that mean the most racist evidence in these newsletters actually has someone else's name on it?

I don't know, but I'd like to find out.

I have repeatedly tried for 2 weeks to contact The New Republic and James Kirchick to get an answer as to which special report had another author's byline, I'm still waiting to hear back.

And that is Reality Check.

Copyright 2012 FOX19. All Rights Reserved

What needs to happen is that one of the folks who worked closely with Rockwell or Paul, and who was connected clearly with the newsletters, needs to come out and admit or take responsibility to writing those particular newsletters. I think once that happens, this matter won't bite him as much if he survives through the primaries. I don't think it's enough to point from one person to the next, or to an unknown person, if there is no confession or responsibility taken by anybody. Paul cannot keep on pointing fingers to somebody else, somebody needs to come out.

Maybe if Paul gains the GOP nomination, we'll get a revelation.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Here you go bud. Someone put it on the tube...

It really bothers me that the ghost-writer(s) will not come forward in defense of Dr. Paul.

Maybe they will but they're waiting for the right time to do it?...

when Obama wants to attack him on it?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
First of all for everyone jumping on the OP, calm down! He did a good thing. This racist thing isn't gone yet and the OP is sharing a video that will put this nonsense to rest once and for all.

As for the journalist, Ben Swann, he has come out saying it's his personal mission to defend Ron Paul against the establishment bought out MSM. Check out his Facebook.

This video was originally suppose to be in two parts, but Mr. Swann made it one instead. He says on his Facebook,

"Heard from the TNR reporter James Kirchick this morning. he sent me the name and byline of the writer and the edition. I will share tonight"

So let's stay tuned and see who this writer is once and for all..

Good job, OP!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yeah...what he said!

||
||
||
\/

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
First of all for everyone jumping on the OP, calm down! He did a good thing. This racist thing isn't gone yet and the OP is sharing a video that will put this nonsense to rest once and for all.

As for the journalist, Ben Swann, he has come out saying it's his personal mission to defend Ron Paul against the establishment bought out MSM. Check out his Facebook.

This video was originally suppose to be in two parts, but Mr. Swann made it one instead. He says on his Facebook,

"Heard from the TNR reporter James Kirchick this morning. he sent me the name and byline of the writer and the edition. I will share tonight"

So let's stay tuned and see who this writer is once and for all..

Good job, OP!

Oh the suspense! I wanna know NOWWW!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Everyone saying the racist thing is over with hasn't sat down and wasted 10 minutes watching main stream media. They obviously don't think it's over with even though they have the resources to actually study it as Ben Swann (BOSS) has.

Conspiracy theory laid to rest. Thanks Ben.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
For the people that think the Ghost Writer should come forward, you do not know how many ghost writers or hired pens work.

Many if not most if not nearly ALL, write in anonymity. They sign contracts for work done and their work is not linked to their real names. Many times they write stuff about subjects they even DISAGREE with or oppose personally.

To come out and dig for a ghost writers name would most certainly be a breach of a contract that most have. That could set up a privacy law suit for MILLIONS. Do you think it would be wise for Ron Paul to dig back and find receipts or logs of the writer and OUT him in front of the world?

Aint gonna happen.

Secondly, there is the possibility that Lew Rockwell did write them. He has much to lose if everyone knew he wrote them. He's got a blog, books, newsletters of his own, lectures, interviews, etc. You think he's going to OUT himself or Ron Paul out him nearly 20 years after the fact?

Aint gonna happen.

Thirdly, I can and HAVE hire someone from the Philippines or India to write content for me ALL DAY at $3-$4 dollars per hour. For what you earn in and hour, you can hire one to write multiple pages of content, which is what a lot of young Blogs, newsletters, and PDF format "authors" do. Have of the stuff you've read is not written by the person claiming to write them. I know it's weird, but it's the norm.

If you would expect me, 20 years from now to go back and recollect a writer I hired, I would be hard pressed to do it, and this is the INTERNET.

And if you would expect to break the anonymity of his/her name and OUT them just to satisfy someones curiosity and open myself to legal action??????

LOL, AiNT GONNA HAPPEN.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Kirchick tweeted this earlier today to Ben Swann

/7pmukfy
"Wrong. Only newsletter w/byline is /723jr2s. Special Issue on Race Terrorism had no byline, in 1st person."

Here's the first page of the newsletter with the byline to which Kirchick is referring.

edit on 5-1-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

James B. Powell?

I'm going to wait for Pt. 2 to be released.

Ben Swann is a great investigative reporter. Ask yourself this:

A guy working for at a small local network station with a small local network station budget could figure this out. How come the MSM with huge budgets, cannot?

So far all of the EVIDENCE provided has shown Ron as extremely UNLIKELY to write the newsletters because if he was, there would be a more common occurrence of the discriminative language, not just a window of merely a few months, the perfect window for (in my opinion) a short-term ghostwriter or newly hired ghostwriter to screw up and receive punishment.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ben Swann is the man. I follow him on Facebook because he always posts his reality checks on there as soon as they're up, plus lots of other information about things like the election. He's one of the few honest, unbiased reporters left in the media who isn't pushing an agenda.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
For the people that think the Ghost Writer should come forward, you do not know how many ghost writers or hired pens work.

Many if not most if not nearly ALL, write in anonymity.

Well then that's not our problem is it? It's Ron Paul's problem. If say, the scenario that he had ghost writers do the newsletters for him, under his name (to obviously take credit and ownership for them), were true, it's still a demonstration of negligence, and the content is still his responsibility to take.

The fact you're telling critics like myself here just to accept and take Ron Paul's word is laughable as it is just so easy to simply claim some ghost writer did those particular newsletters to try to cut off further responsibility, with absolutely zero evidence. I find this attitude from Paulers against these accusations hypocritical as well, considering that many of you wouldn't even give other candidates, and Obama, the time of day, over many of their accusations, yet Ron Paul must get special treatment, and no scrutiny, over issues mounted against him. Like all other presidential candidates now and before him, Paul needs to front up to the accusations, or get the person to front up themselves because I can assure you, if he doesn't, this will continue to hurt his chances in the general elections. Either he needs to take full responsibility for them and their content, or one of his ghost writers need to front up. Simple.

They sign contracts for work done and their work is not linked to their real names.

So in this case, who's fault is it? Ron Paul earned from the newsletters, he was promoting them during the 90's and 80's, he knew full well of their existence, so who's fault is it? Again, you insist that the rest of us must take his word for it.

To come out and dig for a ghost writers name would most certainly be a breach of a contract

Then Ron Paul should have thought twice before agreeing to a contract with them, eh? Surely Paul was capable of understanding what those contracts really meant right? He knew full well his ties to these newsletters, he knew he was earning from them, he was even at one point promoting them, he should have thought before handing complete management over it to others, some of whom he didn't even know well, with his name in use.

You think he's going to OUT himself or Ron Paul out him nearly 20 years after the fact?

Well it's fairly clear that Rockwell isn't if he was really behind these newsletters, considering that he denied all responsibility already. But then again this is a demonstration of the people Ron Paul had choosen to surround himself with over the years, and their true agendas. If Rockwell was really behind these newsletters, it's very telling that his relationship with Ron Paul is just one of convenience, considering that he is only making the issue worse by denying responsibility.

Thirdly, I can and HAVE hire someone from the Philippines or India to write content for me ALL DAY at $3-$4 dollars per hour.

So essentially you were willing to sign a contract with somebody to freely write content for you, under your name I assume? So when say this content, these newsletters come back to bite you, are you going to blame the person you clearly chose to sign a contract with? Who should take full responsibility? The one who owned the newsletters and signed the contract taking responsibility, handing over their name freely, or should the ghostwriter? It certainly isn't the latter.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

So if I follow the essentials of what you're saying, Ron Paul is NOT a racist but is INDEED a negligent newsletter owner?

Ok, progress is good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join