It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussies at it again - Largest Aussie snake weighs 302 pounds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by aprilc1
makes me glad we live in the scenic Ohio Valley where the only dangerous snakes are copperheads and water mocassins

Really?

Maybe your copperheads and water moccasins are a different breed, but down here in Georgia, i'd rather see a python TWICE that size than a water moccasin the size of a shoe lace....

People keep pythons as pets....

A python just tried to eat a kid here a few days ago.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...
edit on 5-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

yeah we've got pythons here in the southern US as well....BIG ones...I'm not sure if they've tried to eat a child, but people have been attacked, and family pets have been eaten....

Still, i'd rather see this guy than any of our native snakes....A moccasin is mean....It dosn't want to eat you, it just wants to KILL you....The smaller they are, the more deadly it is, as the youngsters havn't developed control over their venom glands and will dump every bit of poison they have into your veins....We call them CottonMouths...They'll also chase you...

Aside from the Cottonmouth, which are EVERYWHERE, we have the copperhead, the diamondback rattler, the timber rattler, pygmy rattler, and the coral snake....all venemous....One bite, you could be dead...

In fact, in Georgia, we have red dirt, wild shrimp, and alligators too....AND, some people say we talk funny....You Aussies might LOVE it here...

come on over....

We've got enough of our own to handle.

Red Bellied Black Snake
Yellow Bellied Black snake
Tiger Snake
Brown Snake
King Brown Snake
The Taipan
Death Adder
Dugite
Copperhead
Sea snakes
Yellow bellied Sea snake
All these are killers some more than others. The Taipan is a bitch as is the Brown and King brown which will follow you. There's lots more of the less leathal variety. These are all biting snakes I've left out the ones that like to squash you.

Why would I want to go from a country with deadly snakes and crocodiles to a country with deadly snakes and alligators?
Actually I lived in SoCal for a couple of years but no giant reptiles there.
edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Why would I want to go from a country with deadly snakes and crocodiles to a country with deadly snakes and alligators?

awwwwwww.....come on dude...

if i would have known that you were going to list every venemous snake on your continent i would have looked outside of my own backyard to broaden my own list.....
you cheated....

Ok fine....I'll come over there....but only so i can tickle what you guys consider 'bears'....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

awwwwwww.....come on dude...

if i would have known that you were going to list every venemous snake on your continent i would have looked outside of my own backyard to broaden my own list.....
you cheated....

Ok fine....I'll come over there....but only so i can tickle what you guys consider 'bears'....

Ok you got me on that. But feel free to tickle koala

edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Well you guys do

When someone from the south starts speaking here in North Carolina, you can instantly tell.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Come on guys, lets not turn this into a pissing match over who has the most venomous creatures...

...even though it's us Aussies who win that argument by a golden mile....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Come on guys, lets not turn this into a pissing match over who has the most venomous creatures...

My ex wife who is American was amazed at how big an Aussie python can be when she saw one for the first time

edit on 7-1-2012 by steveknows because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by aprilc1
makes me glad we live in the scenic Ohio Valley where the only dangerous snakes are copperheads and water mocassins

Really?

Maybe your copperheads and water moccasins are a different breed, but down here in Georgia, i'd rather see a python TWICE that size than a water moccasin the size of a shoe lace....

People keep pythons as pets....

A python just tried to eat a kid here a few days ago.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...
edit on 5-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

yeah we've got pythons here in the southern US as well....BIG ones...I'm not sure if they've tried to eat a child, but people have been attacked, and family pets have been eaten....

Still, i'd rather see this guy than any of our native snakes....A moccasin is mean....It dosn't want to eat you, it just wants to KILL you....The smaller they are, the more deadly it is, as the youngsters havn't developed control over their venom glands and will dump every bit of poison they have into your veins....We call them CottonMouths...They'll also chase you...

Aside from the Cottonmouth, which are EVERYWHERE, we have the copperhead, the diamondback rattler, the timber rattler, pygmy rattler, and the coral snake....all venemous....One bite, you could be dead...

In fact, in Georgia, we have red dirt, wild shrimp, and alligators too....AND, some people say we talk funny....You Aussies might LOVE it here...

come on over....

We've got enough of our own to handle.

Red Bellied Black Snake
Yellow Bellied Black snake
Tiger Snake
Brown Snake
King Brown Snake
The Taipan
Death Adder
Dugite
Copperhead
Sea snakes
Yellow bellied Sea snake
All these are killers some more than others. The Taipan is a bitch as is the Brown and King brown which will follow you. There's lots more of the less leathal variety. These are all biting snakes I've left out the ones that like to squash you.

You forgot the funnel web. Before the antidote was developed, you were cactus.
And the white pointers.
Then there's the bronze whalers; damn scary sharks. Was fishing at Venus Bay and watched one swim up the Tarwin River; was longer than my car - HZ Premier wagon. Kids were swimming in it less than an hour before.
If the animals don't kill you, then the cyclones - up North - or the bushfires - down South - just might.
But great country, love it.
But damn sick of redbacks and bloody brown snakes; live in Central Vic.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

yes yes indeed....with your cuddly little 'bears'...rahahaha....and those adorable little puppies called Dingos....hahahaha,...we're shaking in our platypus skinned boots over here
....not to mention that we've got lizards that are more deadly than most of your venomous snakes...

Seems like you guys give scary names to cuddly creatures just to make them seem scarier....Koala 'bears', Tasmanian 'tigers'... 'devils'....just look at what you guys call 'possums'....how cute...

in honor of Paul Hogan...."That's not a possum, THIS is a possum:""

Did i mention we have lions?

edit on 7-1-2012 by OneEleven because: its fun

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colbomoose

If the animals don't kill you, then the cyclones

is that like a baby hurricane?.....how cute....

here, we call those 'sprinkles'....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colbomoose

If the animals don't kill you, then the cyclones

is that like a baby hurricane?.....how cute....

here, we call those 'sprinkles'....

It's the same size as a hurricane, looks like a hurricane, sounds like a hurricane but spins in the opposite direction. The only things that can hang on are the killer koalas.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

hahahahaha.....ok man.....i'm done poking fun with you guys....Before a moderator steps in and calls us off topic, i guess i should say, "KRIKEE THATS A BIG SNAKE".....

it's been fun guys....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

yes yes indeed....with your cuddly little 'bears'...rahahaha....and those adorable little puppies called Dingos....hahahaha,...we're shaking in our platypus skinned boots over here
....not to mention that we've got lizards that are more deadly than most of your venomous snakes...

Seems like you guys give scary names to cuddly creatures just to make them seem scarier....Koala 'bears', Tasmanian 'tigers'... 'devils'....just look at what you guys call 'possums'....how cute...

in honor of Paul Hogan...."That's not a possum, THIS is a possum:""

Did i mention we have lions?

edit on 7-1-2012 by OneEleven because: its fun

You don't have real lizards. I've seen your lizards they're about the size of penny lizards.

Here's some real lizards. form Aus

Oh and a venomous jack jumper ant for good measure. It's a killer.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You don't have real lizards. I've seen your lizards they're about the size of penny lizards.

???
???

i thought we were done......well, ok...Since you want to keep getting beat up...

This one we took a page out of your book and called it a 'monster'.. Probably just to scare Aussie tourists...

then again, it kills with a single bite....can your lizard do that?

Jack Jumper?....That sounds like a male strippers name....

Ants don't count....Any idiot willing to stand still for long enough can be killed by ants....Here in Ga, we have the Fire Ant....Fire Ants Kill Florida Man
also a killer...

Oh, and the Hoop Snake is an American invention....Maybe you should try Snipe Hunts if you really want to fool the yanks....

what else you got?

p.s....back on topic (before we get in trouble), BIG SNAKE....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
LMAO what has this thread come to?

I am surprised this thread went the way it did and all of you missed this
www.abovetopsecret.com... from my other thread on the AUssie hybrid shark.

and an explanation of this hybrid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL I cant believe I missed the last day of replies here.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm thinking that because of this thread there may very well be a drop off in Euorpean tourism to both Australia and the U.S

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

???
???

i thought we were done......well, ok...Since you want to keep getting beat up...

This one we took a page out of your book and called it a 'monster'.. Probably just to scare Aussie tourists...

then again, it kills with a single bite....can your lizard do that?

Jack Jumper?....That sounds like a male strippers name....

Ants don't count....Any idiot willing to stand still for long enough can be killed by ants....Here in Ga, we have the Fire Ant....Fire Ants Kill Florida Man
also a killer...

Oh, and the Hoop Snake is an American invention....Maybe you should try Snipe Hunts if you really want to fool the yanks....

what else you got?

p.s....back on topic (before we get in trouble), BIG SNAKE....

Sorry I hadn't noticed your ending post when I reposted. BTW. One single Jack jumper ant can kill you. And we have fire ants as well though they're not native.
edit on 7-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We have some big snakes here in Florida too; not like Australia though. Thank God!

We have 7 feet long rattle snakes in my city. There was another giant rattle snake found in a new subdivision about a month ago several miles away from my house.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Check this out.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I'm thinking that because of this thread there may very well be a drop off in Euorpean tourism to both Australia and the U.S

hahahaha.....this is true sir....we may have done much harm to our respected economies with our light hearted banter...I'm sure i'll be getting a letter in the mail...

i had fun though....all in good fun...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join