It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US deploys troops in Israel for Iran war'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Originally posted by Observor

Until now, I didn't know you were military. I respond to posts and their content and not persons. Here, on this forum, I never bothered to track individual posters and their preferences or behaviours let alone their personal details like profession.

Oh, please mistake me for assuming that the "Marines" avatar was a dead give away. I find this one a bit hard to believe.

LOL. To be fair, if I assumed that all avatars activly reflect the owner, I'd have to belive that this forum was populated by aliens, space ships, super heroes and pretty much all or the characters from world of war craft.

(Although I personaly did assume you were US Marine Core)

edit on 5-1-2012 by idmonster because: Originaly put Army, no disrespect intended

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Good point.

As for Canada, not only do we have the second largest oil reserves we also export approx. 25% of our oil to the USA, not to mention our fresh water that we sell to the USA also. Lumber, etc...you get the picture.

IMHO, if the USA, Mexico and Canada just took care of ourselves and concentrated on our own issues, we would have a practical paradise here.

As for the "eat the bear" statement, its a hunter term, you eat what you kill. In other words don't hunt for fun, only out of necessity to survive.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa[/i?
This is getting a little ridiculous if you ask me!

What's getting ridiculous is that on ATS, anything quoted by the Iranian press is considered gospel.

And you all think that it's just the Western media that pumps out propaganda.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

If I haven't been clear the last 2 times I have posted this, then please let me state this again...presstv isn't the only news source...

Google my good fellows, google...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Everyone I know who is an active member of the US armed forces has been saying this for the past 18 months or so. They all said, "dont be fooled by Obama just because he's supposedly pulling out of Iraq, he's just gearing up for Iran."

One of my best friends just enlisted in the Navy, his recruiter told him at first, "you'll probably be on a boat, traveling the seven seas, exploring the world!"

Once he signed the contract he was told, "oh yeah you're going to the Middle East for sure, things are about to heat up with Iran."

That was six months ago.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Jerisa

Poke the bear..
Slap the bear..
Kick the bear..

Eventually we will shoot the bear.

unless the bear bites first....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
All this saber rattling,

IF the Strait is blocked by the Iranians there is no doubt in my mind that the United States will attack along with the UK and probably a coalition. A block of the Strait would no doubt send the countries of the world in to even further economic recess, Iran would be foolish to make an aggressive move like blocking the Strait, but Iran is hardly the aggressor, so I can only hope their threats are just words.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Everyone I know who is an active member of the US armed forces has been saying this for the past 18 months or so. They all said, "dont be fooled by Obama just because he's supposedly pulling out of Iraq, he's just gearing up for Iran."

You're right. We've all been saying that and it's true.
It's going to happen whether we like it or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The most interesting part of this story is that in the 17 years I have been in the military I have never heard of the US military being in Isreal, much less announcing it.
In the last 10 years we have had troops in Saudi, and still do, even after we said we were out. As well as,Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen, Ethiopia, Iraq, Afghanastan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan.

The only two places that I haven't heard anyone being in the last couple of years is Isreal and Lebanon.

I have always said we would never be in Isreal, in uniform, unless the climate of the middle east was a lot better or....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

We wouldn't unless provoked. Rules of engagement are usually do not fire on unless fired upon first. The thing you should be asking is what is in Iran that anyone could possibly want. Oil? Hardly we can get that anywhere and we have enough of our own oil reserves to last us 300 years, so what else does Iran have that "someone" could possibly want?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
None of the links in this thread worked for me. Maybe it was because of something on my end, but here is a link I found:

______beforeitsnews/story/1583/786/Iranian_Regime_Claims_US_preparing_for_War.html

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Or it could be an obvious deterrant to Iran should it decide to rattle some more sabers. I won't criticize POTUS for doing that, but I'm guessing our military is acting without his express desire.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The irony in all of this madness is: Both countries have not a thumbs up by the U.N. for nucleur technology, however, the country that was the most recent to establish a state, now has the worlds go ahead to annihilate the country that has been in place for a very long time.
Life is a fickle place

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsphil
All this saber rattling,

IF the Strait is blocked by the Iranians there is no doubt in my mind that the United States will attack along with the UK and probably a coalition. A block of the Strait would no doubt send the countries of the world in to even further economic recess, Iran would be foolish to make an aggressive move like blocking the Strait, but Iran is hardly the aggressor, so I can only hope their threats are just words.

Funny how you contradict yourself.

Because you say "Iran is hardly the aggressor"...while in the same sentence saying that blocking the Strait would be an aggressive move. Or are you just echoing your other mates who don't see "Iran as an aggressor"...no matter how bold their threats are and even if they (LIKELY) already mined half of the straits during their last "exercise".
But of course, Iran is "not the aggressor"...we all know that Iran is all "innocent small children who cant hurt a fly", right?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Good point.

As for Canada, not only do we have the second largest oil reserves we also export approx. 25% of our oil to the USA, not to mention our fresh water that we sell to the USA also. Lumber, etc...you get the picture.

IMHO, if the USA, Mexico and Canada just took care of ourselves and concentrated on our own issues, we would have a practical paradise here.

As for the "eat the bear" statement, its a hunter term, you eat what you kill. In other words don't hunt for fun, only out of necessity to survive.

For the record

Despite the notion that the U.S. is currently hugely reliant on foreign oil, the country sold 34,000 more barrels of petroleum products a day than it imported in November 2010. And, in both December and February, the U.S. sold 54,000 more barrels a day. Net imports have not been negative for nearly two decades.

finance.yahoo.com...

In trade, countries including the US export as much stuff as we import. Americans might be surprised that we export oil to foreign countries. Surprise surprise

The idea here is that a country may export a lot of what they make really well, and a little of what they don't make real well, and importing items you make as well, and somewhere along the way if many countries engage, it all evens out.
Supppose Japan makes really great cars and Germany makes great coffemakers, each country can export and import both items.

Oh yes, and by the way Mexico exports its oil to the US and it also has agriculture and construction, but Mexican Nationals still come to the States for jobs in those industsries.
edit on 5-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riip9110
what I still do not get ... how is it possible that a government wants to start a war, because another country might maybe assemble a nuclear device ... even more strange, the country starting that war, is the only country that used nuclear bombs in a war against another country, just to make a point and test their new toy! it seems like they think every country would be that mean and irresponsible as they are ...
Why is the USA still allowed to have these nuclear devices? They are a threat to this planet (I do not mean the american people, only their government) and not Iran, Irak, or a sandy Afghanistan. As it seems nobody wants to take away Americas toys, because it is very possible that the US government is freaking out because of that and will press the red button, just because they can.

Because we already had them during the cold war with Russia. What would you like us to do with them? Sell them in the Black Market like some other people did? Hmmmm?

According to this article www.u-s-history.com...

only three nations currently have nukes, Russia, US, and China.

Under the terms of SALT II, the Peacekeeper was taken out of service. The operational ICBM capacity of the United States now consists only of the Minuteman III, the most recent version of the original solid fuel ICBM.

So Iran threatens Israel and we should say oh go ahead and develop nukes for that. But Iran doesn't want the world to think it's anything but for peaceable energy programs.
The pacifists can't have it both ways. They can't power down the nukes of the Superpowers and simultaneously say other countries should have nukes.
Cake and eat it too?

Edit: This site says France has a few submarine based missiles

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought
The most interesting part of this story is that in the 17 years I have been in the military I have never heard of the US military being in Isreal, much less announcing it.
In the last 10 years we have had troops in Saudi, and still do, even after we said we were out. As well as,Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen, Ethiopia, Iraq, Afghanastan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan.

The only two places that I haven't heard anyone being in the last couple of years is Isreal and Lebanon.

I have always said we would never be in Isreal, in uniform, unless the climate of the middle east was a lot better or....

Nothing new here. U.S troops have being training in or visiting Israel for years.

American war ships visit Israel on a regular basis.

www.freerepublic.com...

American troops operate the X-band radar deployed in Israel.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

For the record

Despite the notion that the U.S. is currently hugely reliant on foreign oil, the country sold 34,000 more barrels of petroleum products a day than it imported in November 2010. And, in both December and February, the U.S. sold 54,000 more barrels a day. Net imports have not been negative for nearly two decades.

finance.yahoo.com...

In trade, countries including the US export as much stuff as we import. Americans might be surprised that we export oil to foreign countries. Surprise surprise

Ha Ha

You must have been to the same school of business as my wife , after she spends 400 dollars and tells me
how much money she saved me because it was 15% off.

The US has been a net importer of OIL since 1971, currently about 9 million barrels a day.

NINE MILLION BPD

Your cute little story of 34,000 dpd is of REFINED OIL, refined after is was imported as crude.

Funny story though, thanx for the chuckle.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
[yvidwww.youtube.com...[/yvid]
edit on 5-1-2012 by Vrils r cool because: (no reason given)

sorry guys i suck at this lol

but this guys is pretty interesting
have a listen and tell me if its old
news or has been posted before

delete if needed
edit on 5-1-2012 by Vrils r cool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
]reply to post by lonewolf19792000

''GAS ''
edit on 5-1-2012 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join