It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US deploys troops in Israel for Iran war'

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Exploration, really?

Yes really.

And why shouldn't they? You ..snipped for response

Lets try this again. China is sending warships into sovereign territorial waters of other countries in the region. The examples you gave fall into the category of land claims.

Shang Kai Scheck fled to Formosa, it's a ....

Taiwan is a separate country and the US royally screwed up by agreeing to a one China policy as well as taking Taiwan's seat on the UN Security Council and giving it to China. The people of Taiwan want freedoms that China wont provide. The west should support democracy wherever we can. We failed Taiwan in that regard.

They are demanding their territory back, and making sure their claim stays up ...

Ok, again one more time -

South China SEA, not land. Sea, water, ocean, maritime . There is a UN term that China is a part of called an EEZ or Exclusive Economic Zone. The EEZ applies to countries who have borders with large bodies of water (ocean). The EEZ extends from your shore out to 200 miles. Any resources in that area belong to the country whose EEZ it falls in.

An EEZ does NOT make those waters territorial of any one nation. It only applies to resources and nothing else. If other countries are in proximity and share maritime boundaries, then the EEZ will conform and the area in question will be divided up unless other agreements are made between the countries.

China views the EEZ as territorial waters, and they aren't. They are international waterways.

The number of "territorial claims" China is ....

and several of those territorial land claims were .dropped by China through treaties, yet here we are.

And it is quite normal that they do, ....

water... not land.

They have absolute zero fear about the west.

Only a fool says they aren't afraid of anything.

I am not going to quote people ...

water not land

...US, being the only nation in the world that has ever used nuclear weapons,

If Germany or Japan made it first, we wouldnt be having this conversation. Secondly, Japan should have thought twice about attacking the US. They started it, we finished it. Thats how wars work.If thats an issue for you take it up with the Japanese Government.

and the only nation in the world that actively uses radioactive munition.

Incorrect - Source - wiki
United States
Russia
France
United Kingdom
Netherlands
Japan
China
South Korea
South Africa
Singapore

They all use depleted uranium munitions.

So, China is not going to risk anything by aiding Iran ... because it doesn't have that vision.

Right now China is busy slapping Iran around over oil and demanding lower prices because of the sanctions.

China is nothing more than a highway robber.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

According to a January 13, 2012 Reuters news report, Dmitry Rogozin, the Russian ambassador to NATO who has been appointed deputy prime minister in charge of Russia’s defense sector, told news reporters at a Brussels press conference that Russia would regard any military attack on Iran as a “direct threat to our security.”

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

Well, well, well...are we really that suicidal?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Do the Israelis only allow Jewish American troops on sacred Israeli soil?

I wonder because it might explain why so few American soldiers go to Israel.

reply to post by gravitational

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra China is nothing more than a highway robber.

WHAT?!

If China is as you allege, a highway robber, what does that make the good old US of A? Whiter than the purest driven snow and devoid of all sin?

I don't think so!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by luxbaclos1

If China is as you allege, a highway robber, what does that make the good old US of A? Whiter than the purest driven snow and devoid of all sin?

I don't think so!

No, he won't claim that. He will claim that the USA is better than anyone else out there, but not perfect by a long shot.

He will try to convince you to support the US and help correct it, when he will agree with you it is wrong, which will be never, by scaring your into thinking any alternative to the US domination is worse. It is the modus operandi of most Amrican supporters.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

You obviously know so little about Israel, her people and the Israeli Defence Force, otherwise you would not have made such a statement, based on assumption. I find your statement to be little more than Xenophibic, to say the least.

Israel is a mixture of cultures, both Arabic and Jewish. There are Israeli Arabs as well as Israeli Christians. There are even Arab Jews. On the whole, they live and work side by side and none more so than in the Israeli Defence Forces.

But back on topic. I repeat my earlier post that sending troops to Israel and using Israel as a staging post is a non-starter. It is not a viable proposition.

Using Israel as a staging post is like saying you are going to colonise Mars and building a base at the bottom of your garden as a staging post.

I stand by my opinion, that Syria is the real target. Syria borders Turkey to the north and also has a much larger border with Iraq. I believe air strikes will come from Israel and ground forces will move south from Turkey.

Of course Israel could be used to launch pre-emptive covert air strikes against Iran's nuclear processing plants, but they could be launched from the continental US using B2s. It just does not make sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
He will try to convince you to support the US and help correct it, when he will agree with you it is wrong, which will be never, by scaring your into thinking any alternative to the US domination is worse. It is the modus operandi of most Amrican supporters.

Because things are soooooooo much better in Communist China. Damn, it would have been better if the Soviet Union were running the show now, right?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Perhaps its not for a war with Iran....maybe when the IAEA finds Iran is doing exacgtly what it said it would (ie low grade refining for nuclear fuel) it'll move to Israel and check what they are/have been upto and the US troops are there to support that.
LMAO...oooops must have forgot my meds today

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm listening to the news right now and the story is "shocking news out of Iran, they could have a nuclear bomb by the end of the year" then they go on to say Panetta has said the US will NOT allow that to happen.

Damn that was quick, I thought they just got there.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

This is a report from the IAEA, thought
they just started inspections today -

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As I understand it, Iran is a Nation State which under the UN Charter, is allowed to determin her own destiny. Also, unless I misunderstood the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran is not a signatory.

Ergo, Iran can enrich her plutonium for peaceful or military purposes and really, she can thumb her nose at the rest of the world.

Its remarkable that the World's policeman has yet to find WMDs in Iraq unless of course, they were smuggled in to Iran.Wouldn't THAT be a turn up for the book?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Lets go! We need more Drama!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
of course the hessians, I mean USA is there. The Khazar / illuminati capital must survive. The slave help should be there to serve their NWO masters. They would love for a war to break out so they can work in a nuke here and a nuke there, and just sit back and watch as the world's population shrinks. It's easier this way to impoverish and enslave mankind.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

As I understand it, Iran is a Nation State which under the UN Charter, is allowed to determin her own destiny.

Yes, that is called sovereignty and Iran is a sovereign state.

Also, unless I misunderstood the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran is not a signatory.

No, Iran is very much a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. There are only four countries that are not signatories to the NPT, DPRK (North Korea) which was a signatory, but pulled out and India, Israel and Pakistan which never signed the NPT. Of those who signed it, only China, France, Russia, the UK and the USA are allowed, under the treaty, to use nuclear energy for weapons making with the rest allowed to use it only for energy generation and medical use/research.

Ergo, Iran can enrich her plutonium for peaceful or military purposes and really, she can thumb her nose at the rest of the world.

Not quite. Iran can use nuclear enrichment for use in nuclear power plants or medical use/research, not for weapon's making. But they, like any other signatory, are free to leave the NPT by giving a six months notice and returning all the reactors and fuel supplied under the NPT. After that they can make nuclear weapons if they please, just as DPRK (North Korea) did.

Its remarkable that the World's policeman has yet to find WMDs in Iraq unless of course, they were smuggled in to Iran.Wouldn't THAT be a turn up for the book?

It is rather difficult to find something that was never there in the first place. But something that was never there could have been smuggled to any place. May be the Martians have Iraqi WMD?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

I stand corrected Sir. However, whilst Iran has signed the non-proliferation treaty, she has not ratified said treaty.

My quip about WMDs was typed very much tongue in cheek although if Martians [do they exist] had got them, I think the Iranians would be the last race on earth they'd give them to.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I stand corrected Sir. However, whilst Iran has signed the non-proliferation treaty, she has not ratified said treaty.

I think you are referring to the Additional Protocol, not the treaty itself. Signing and completing the internal protocols needed (like legislative sanction, if the executive is not empowered to act) is necessary to become a member of the NPT and Iran completed all that under the Shah's rule itself. The post revolution government never indicated any intention to leave the NPT. Iran has been receiving the benefits of being a member of NPT, like receiving reactors and fuel from Russia, so is bound by the treaty.

My quip about WMDs was typed very much tongue in cheek

I guessed so, but wasn't sure. I have found people who advanced such concepts in earnest

although if Martians [do they exist] had got them, I think the Iranians would be the last race on earth they'd give them to.

Non-existent people who got non-existent weapons refusing to transfer them to existing people? That's downright insulting!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

someone said this war against Iran is not possible, it will only make Russia and China join inn..
so maybe the al-qaida rugrats and the big U.S.A will fail this bs war... who has the biggest army?

what about India? didn't they fail the contract with the tptb?

edit on 31-1-2012 by notonsamepage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Well?? It's been over a month now. Where's the big war that was coming due to this 'deployment'?? Obviously those of us who said it was just an exercise and a flexing of muscles were right. Those who screamed at us saying we were idiots etc etc .... we'll be accepting apologies any time now.

This exercise was NOT a war deployment.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How dare you muddy the waters with facts!!

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join