It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US deploys troops in Israel for Iran war'

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Sorry, but the waters don't belong to Iran. Last time I checked no one owns the ocean...let alone a waterway used for international oil exports.

And what's your point about Bahrain? We've had presence there for over 60 years.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I noticed an interesting Freudian slip during the Obama/Leon Panetta press conference yesterday announcing the new approach the US will take re: national defense forced by cutbacks. At one point Panetta was talking about our continued involvement in hot spots - and he used the word "deploy". He quickly corrected himself and used the word "exercise" - and he repeated it twice with emphasis.
I offer this observation because the OP uses the word "deploy" in the title of this thread. I had already read several pages of this thread before I saw the press conference yesterday. The second the word "deploy" came out of Panetta's mouth - then quickly corrected - I flashed on this thread. Anybody else catch Panetta's Freudian slip??

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It will take more than that bud, you obviously dont know how big Iran is.....
There will have to be one helluva shock and awe campaign to soften these babies up......

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by galacticgirl

Good catch. It's always fun to watch politicians and their Freudian slips. Since they lie for a living you're bound to catch at least a couple every time they open their mouths.

edit on 6-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Droidinvoid

1. They're threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz, the world's most important oil exporting site. This won't only affect the United States, but a majority of the world.

2. They're threatening military action against the United States for traveling in the Strait of Hormuz which is AGAINST INTERNATIONAL LAW of free travel during Maritime. The US also has a naval base in Manama, Bahrain, which is accessed through the strait of Hormuz.

So basically Iran is trying to tell the US where they can/can't travel, and attempting to deny them access to their naval base. The US response? "Oh yeah? We'll see about that"

The US will not fire the first shot.
edit on 4-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Except all of the things you cited where actually done by the US and its allies in the region. So we should worry about what a country might do while totally ignoring current actions by others?

It is amazing how hypocritical international relations are, Western countries are allowed to invade, bomb, terrorize countries, even run black operations and yet Western countries are said to be the ones trying to stabilize the region.

It's also funny everyone seems to forget that Israel wanted to bomb Iran a mere 2 months ago. They realized the international repercussions would be too great so they got their pet dog to bully sanctions on them. It's not the first time America has imposed sanctions to provoke a country into war and it won't be the last. They never want to appear to be the aggressors rather they poke their enemies into a corner until they come out fighting. It's all so predictable and disturbing.

The US /NATO need to have total control over all the people living in the middle east because their resources are important to us. If Iran were able to obtain a nuclear weapon than it would become a deterrent for the US and its allies to invade and occupy countries, overthrow and install dictators or extort profits for companies with strong US ties. The "instability" of the free and democratic middle east this would create would allow the people to have control over the resources of their land rather than the US. As a result, the US would loose most of its leverage in the world because controlling the middle eastern reserves gives us quite a bit of bargaining power if any of the Asian economies decide to get out of line.

In the end all I gotta say is Iran isn't holding their oil hostage. The rest of the international community is (led by US which is led by it's master Israel).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by galacticgirl
I noticed an interesting Freudian slip during the Obama/Leon Panetta press conference yesterday announcing the new approach the US will take re: national defense forced by cutbacks. At one point Panetta was talking about our continued involvement in hot spots - and he used the word "deploy". He quickly corrected himself and used the word "exercise" - and he repeated it twice with emphasis.
I offer this observation because the OP uses the word "deploy" in the title of this thread. I had already read several pages of this thread before I saw the press conference yesterday. The second the word "deploy" came out of Panetta's mouth - then quickly corrected - I flashed on this thread. Anybody else catch Panetta's Freudian slip??

This one?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
reply to post by Swills

Unless they are going for Syria first? That would put them in a better position, although Iraq would have syria covered on both sides...

I believe there will be destruction in Syria..Damascus mainly. I know most of you do not agree with the Bible but here me out for a second. In Isaiah 17 there is a prophecy that states Damascus will not longer be a city. As we know Damascus is one of if not the oldest cities in the world still in existence. So if one believes in prophecy then one could also say it has not happened yet.

1. The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2. The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. 3. The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.

What weapons do we have in our arsenal that would cause a city cease to exist? What does the US and Israel have? What is Iran working on? What would a warhead do if its flight path was altered via intrusion?

I am just saying. This WILL be something to watch indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
In the Middle East....American troops will not try to harm a child.

Oh look someone forgot about the Abu Gharib and the numerous assassinations, raping of underage girls by US armed forced in Iraq and Afghanistan so soon. Do you want me to post the link? Quite frankly it'll be a waste of time why dont you just google it.
edit on 6-1-2012 by I AM LEGION because: Removed US approved BS and propaganda by SplitInfinity

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
my BS meter went off the scale , when i read this :

Israel just announced it has finalized a deal with Lt. General Frank Gorenc, commander of the US Third Air Force in Germany

sorry - but lt generals do not make deals with allied nations

They do if the allied nations funds the election of supreme commander of armed forces and most of congress.
edit on 6-1-2012 by I AM LEGION because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I understand your perspective.

It's not mine.

I think Israel's history is proof enough that God does intervene.

He disciplines when His kids or anyone strays far enough away long enough.

And, He blesses when folks love Him and follow Him and His priorities.

That's been my observation for 65 years.

Yes, His timing seems to usually be stretched out. That's going to change dramatically in this END TIMES ERA.

Evil deeds will increasingly be slapped down harder and more instantly. Not every one. Not always. But much more often than historically. I'd guesstimate that 60-90% or more of the time, they will be, . . . at some point. I don't know when that point will be reached.

And, to some degree, choices IN BEHALF OF GOD AND HIS WAYS AND PRIORITIES will be more instantly and emphatically rewarded.

1. At the moment, and throughout history, the mode seems to have been REQUIRING more of a WALK BY FAITH.

A boot-camp training program in TRUSTING HIM & HIS WORD REGARDLESS.

I think that's one of the lessons of this situation with Israel and Iran.

2. A) Israel will learn that it's untenable, unworkable and terminally extinction level hazardous to keep trying to do their own protection and life in their own strength and notions of what the priorities are.

B) They will learn--perhaps overnight--that they MUST return to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob big time, authentically, wholesale. There will be NO other choice. Thankfully, He WILL INSURE THAT THEY DO learn that.

C) Yes, they have, by the creativity etc. that He gave them, acquired incredible military might--much of which is still secret. And, that will have it's protective effect. However, at least the leaders and likely the population will realize at a critical point in coming festivities that ALL SUCH IS DEADLY INADEQUATE.

D) I expect that AT THAT TIME, The God who led them across the Red Sea and around the wilderness for 40 years with a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day--WILL ONCE AGAIN MAKE A DRAMATIC *PRESENCE* DEMONSTRATION AND CALL TO THEM TO COME TO HIM IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH AS HIS CHILDREN. And they will.

E) Until then, they will likely be at worse a mess on such scores. At best, a mixed bag. Some will seek Him and follow Him and yet as a nation, they'll continue doing their own thing in their own strength.

F) Whether that will mean this looming confrontation with Iran will be the one that pushes them within an inch of annihilation, or not, remains to be seen. It may well do it. They may well BEGIN to get their spiritual act together after that.

G) However, they may not. The script as written, indicates that they will still be deluded by the global oligarchy and end up believing that the AntiChrist is their messiah--UNTIL he sets up his image in the 3rd Temple to be worshiped as God. THEN they'll realize they bet on the wrong horse as they flee and are slaughtered by the thousands.

H) God's ways are clearly not man's ways. Yet, He does things perfectly and is altogether GOOD regardless of our perspective and sensibilities.

I) If folks want to be sure of getting trashed--they can assault Israel. If they want to be sure of getting blessed and more protected, they can help Israel, protect Israel, bless Israel. That will become clear in the months and years ahead. Many nations going against Israel will be utterly destroyed--near totally to utterly totally.

J) God loves the Persian people in Iran as He does all people groups. Yet, there will be a high cost for assaulting Israel--a high cost for the Nation of Iran. Individuals within Iran who have truly sought the Supreme Almighty God in spirit in their heart--will find Him and be cared for by Him whether that means a quick ticket to Heaven or care and protection supernaturally in this life.

3. In terms of whether God intervenes in the affairs of man, or not. I've learned the hard way and the blessed way that HE DEFINITELY DOES. And sometimes the delicacy of His scalpel has been incredible to watch and more incredible to experience.

4. His big Boot or Whack, is also incredible in it's own way. LOL. Most of the time He prefers and insists on leading by HIS STILL SMALL VOICE. Life, in a lot of respects, is training to hear and distinguish that.

5. There are a lot of Biblical prophecies about Israel and about her enemies. Daniel, Ezekiel & Revelation as well as Psalms and the shorter prophets lay a lot of puzzle pieces out. It would be educational to lay out what He says about Israel's enemies and watch. Such an exercise would demonstrate conclusively that

A) THERE IS AN ALMIGHTY GOD
B) HE CARES A LOT ABOUT ISRAEL
C) HE IS A REWARDER OF THOSE WHO SEEK HIM
D) HE PUNISHES EVIL DOERS though His patience and getting around to such punishment can take a long time.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION

reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yes, I'll take your word for it. You seem very educated with your 8 grammatical errors.

I guess I'm the stupid one here.

And I'm sure all Israeli girls are complete angels and not as human as you or I. But then again, who said anything about having sex with them? Just seeing gorgeous women after being on a base with only dudes for months at a time is good enough for me

Are you by any chance implying that you prefer going to Israel to see girls at the cost of US tax payers? What happened no girls at home like you with your 3 chins? Oh wait! you prefer to bring out grammatical errors...I better hide somewhere, I dont want to be called out for my grammatical errors on the internet.

troll alert

I don't have a choice if I'm deployed or not. Am I wrong to have a preference? Someone's angry. rofl.
I find it absolutely hilarious that you would also refer to a US Marine as fat. I could run circles around your lazy ass for days. pleaaaaaaaaase.

link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
my BS meter went off the scale , when i read this :

Israel just announced it has finalized a deal with Lt. General Frank Gorenc, commander of the US Third Air Force in Germany

sorry - but lt generals do not make deals with allied nations

They do if the allied nations funds the election of supreme commander of armed forces and most of congress

US general officers have no authority to make deals with other countries. Generals follow orders or they soon find themselves no longer in command.

link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Sagittarian69

Iran is what we call a "rogue" nation.

Mind explaining why they are a rogue nation? Oh wait a minute does it have anything to do with the Iranian people overthrowing US backed dictator Shah who still lives in US under it's protection, who gave US and EU oil on the expense of Iran?

Their populous are basically living in the stone age.

Really did the IDF or JIDF told you that?...because the reality is completely different as shown by these videos:
Inside Iran
Inside Iran

To me it seems like a modern vibrant country falsely presented as a stone age country by the propagandists of US and Israel.

Their Islamic religion is completely bat# insane.

Now if that is not religious hate and trolling I dont know what is. Might I remind you dear lady that in Islam (as I've read so far) their prophet is same as Jewish and Christian..which makes all 3 religions same.

Their leaders are ruthless and sponsor and fund terrorist groups around the globe.

By any chance are you referring to the MKA terrorist organization which is supported by US and UK? Or the Taliban which was supported by US against S.U? Dear lady why dont you just google CIA backed terrorist organisations and save me the work of typing thousands of lines?

Now, add onto this their tensions with Israel. If Iran were to develop nuclear weapon capabilities, both Israel and Iran would be hovering with their fingers over the red button until one or the other pushes too hard. This would be the fast track GUARANTEE to a nuclear GLOBAL conflict.

Isn't that supposed to MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) which has worked so well between US and Russia so far?

The fact that Iran refuses inspections by the IAEA speaks volumes about their true intentions and the extent that they go to in order to cover their tracks.

My dear lady, Iran has allowed inspection by IAEA but has raised reservations several times against "few" inspectors who report (i.e spy) and pass information to US. I thought the inspectors were supposed to be neutral.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Such is life. This goes on constantly in everyday life. From Monkey society, to the big cats of the African grasslands. Not to mention our own Human history. And current actions to other humans and animals.

If a resource, is low we will fight over it. They have what someone wants and deep down inside, what a lot of us want.. If our world could be shrunk, to but a few hundred thousand and resources, such as water, oil,..... gets low well. well.

what would you do. this is on a much larger scale. It's power moves, always will be. Like mosquitoes, get use to it. Power grids go out all over the US ....cause? lack of resources. extreme scenario sure. but we are in extreme times. Who you going to call? what will you do? when told the resource is right there in Iran. We can get it and return to normality. Think of all the things that would happen with a dead grid. desperation! Get the resource.

Look, I know there is a lot more to it. Just some thoughts. But our history and times makes me think this way.

Interesting times we live in. best wishes.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join