It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US deploys troops in Israel for Iran war'

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I carried a M-16 with a M203 and AT4 on my back.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim

I carried a M-16 with a M203 and AT4 on my back.

I could never understand how the brass thought that having 100 plus lbs on ones back was helpful. The metal plates are a joke and alot of guys that are over there are having relatives buy and ship them more advanced and lighter body armour. We should be giving the guys our best light weight gear not metal plates. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey Split,

Anything new going on in the UFO field?

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa

At the end of the day, I sincerely hope that all of this is just posturing. That the PTB all flex their muscles and go home. I wish you all the best!

I wish you the best also...but unfortunately....what I am talking about is very deadly real. Unless you are put in this position as my Buddie Plad and I and my new friend here have been....you won't be able to understand it or the stress it puts on a persons body and mind. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Hey Split,

Anything new going on in the UFO field?

Pladuim

Well...after much bitching...I have been allowed to post a few things but I have to be careful.
Split Infinity....see you in a few on your site.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I know exactly what your saying. When we first went out, they dropped us off in the middle of the desert with our packs full of crap, plus a cot and a sea bag full of crap. Had to travel a couple of miles with this stuff. I kept thinking what the heck are we doing with all of this stuff. Later on we finally got rid of alot of it. Someone was thinking.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I know exactly what your saying. When we first went out, they dropped us off in the middle of the desert with our packs full of crap, plus a cot and a sea bag full of crap. Had to travel a couple of miles with this stuff. I kept thinking what the heck are we doing with all of this stuff. Later on we finally got rid of alot of it. Someone was thinking.

Pladuim

This is like Nam when a Green guy would come in and the Sarge would say...get rid of this , that, this...etc...
Too much weight! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I think there sending a message to Syria if the Arab League think they need military action against Syria we are already there. If that get Iran involve who knows. I know they both have a anti Israel Alliance Pack. That could make thinks interesting. I can't see all the Arab League warring Syria that would leave Israel in the middle. They will go to the UN and then the UN will have the take action which will leave US and EU forces will go in and they will throw anything they have at anyone they can. Why would they be in Egypt and Israel if you where going after Iran u set up in Saudi Arabia United Arab Emirates Turkey. Well Smart person would u think lol well hope.

sorry about spelling or grammar it's not my best subject at school long long time reader 1st time poster

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here ya go....

Now this is an opinion, that sells......

www.international.to...:why-not-attack-iran&catid=97:breaking-news&Itemid=119

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ron Paul Proved Correct On this issue....!!!!

Soon, there will be others.....

www.international.to...:why-not-attack-iran&catid=97:breaking-news&Itemid=119

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Wow, I know something imminent is about to happen to this country, and i know it ain't going to be good.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hope so see everyone tomorrow. I mean absolutely everyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Here's a question for all of you general readers, and answer it honestly. There has been much adue about the Iranians (chasing the US fleet away) ...lol..., and their warnings of closing the Straits of Hormuz. It is thought that it could be done by sinking a tanker or two thus blocking the Strait, at least MOST have been led to believe this the scenario the Iranians are talking about and Most Americans believe and fear. So is this something you believe could happen? Do you think the Straights could be closed by an action like this? Answer honestly, it's only your internal dialogue that you will hear as the answer. Now consider this...... Off the coast of Southern California is Catalina Island, and it sets some way off of the coast. I remember deep sea fishing one year and navigating out to the Island on our run to San Nicholas Island, it was a portage for the night. It sets about 22 miles off the coast off of Los Angles It is a pretty good distance if your on the water cruising along at only 15 knots, or about 10 miles per hour. After all this was a BIG 40's-50's era wooden 40' long and 12' wide boat with a large diesel motor, so it was built for power, not speed, for fishing commercially. So what I'm getting at, it took about three hours to get to Catalina fighting against 6' seas (Pacific rollers). Hopefully this will give you some perspective of the distance of that 22 miles from the coast out to the Island.

Bear in mind that the Strait of Hormuz is a narrowing, and considered he narrowest part of the southern end of the Gulf of Oman. It lays North-south in a south, southeasterly orientation/direction until the Strait, where it makes an easterly turn and narrows out, then into a westerly direction and then dumps out into the open seas. The narrowest point is thirty four miles wide, thats where it pinches to it's narrowest...... thirty four miles, almost a third more than the distance between Catalina and Los Angles. Now how many of you thought it was just a narrow strait that could be blocked with one or two sunken ships? I imagine a lot of you. In my ignorance of the topography, I mentally pictured it maybe a mile wide or so, something like the Mississippi rivers width (which is considerable). My point here.... how many of you thought like I had, eroniously thinking that Iran could close the straits? At thirty four miles wide, I think it near impossible to close the straits by sinking tankers or ships, five miles is a pretty good distance, but almost seven times that? I think it's saber rattling mostly, and Any Buildup in Israel...... well lets see proof, lets see actual forces. If Israel gets into it with Iran over their threat of closing the straight, it's merely smoke and mirrors and a big steaming pile of you know what. It would be a fake excuse to attack, kind of like Bush's WMD excuse on Iraq. You see where I'm going with this.....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
edit on 6-1-2012 by MatrixBaller04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Remember this, at 12 1/2-13 miles you loose view of other boats on the horizon due to the curvature of the earth. Were talking almost three times that distance.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
An unnamed source said the military deployment of US anti-missile ships and accompanying support personnel will occur in January and later this spring, Global Research reported.

Commander of the US Third Air Force based in Germany Lt.-Gen Frank Gorenc said it is not just an "exercise," but a "deployment," The Jerusalem Post said.

Washington and Tel Aviv have planned to hold what they call the largest-ever joint military exercise this spring.

The US commander visited Israel two weeks ago to confirm details for “the deployment of several thousand American soldiers to Israel.”
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Now doesn't this seem like posturing... The OP would lead one to believe these troops were on the ground in Israel RIGHT NOW, occupying positions in Israel.

Rather they ....MIGHT.... insert troops and assets in the SPRING...... The title is a bit deceptive. but never the less, this posturing/announcement leaves several months for Iran to back down..... or get ready for an attack. Plenty of time for them to back down and US officials to recant their posture.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Whatever happened to, "Where Eagles Dare"?

And those who inspired it...

Can a righteous nation still exist???

Whom is righteous?????

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by buster2010

Unless they feel like getting pounded. That's just a reality. I don't run the show, but they've already backed themselves into a corner.

Iran's waters? What? They're international waters, and like I've already stated the 5th fleet has a base in Bahrain.
edit on 5-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Yes Iran's waters. Do a little research the inbound lane goes into Iran's coastal waters. And how do you think we got the base in Bahrain? Because they invited us DUH.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join