It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US deploys troops in Israel for Iran war'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In it's last gasping breath, the Collosus of destruction is about to set fire to our ship. This may result in the c atastrophic destuction of life support systems. WARNING YOUR LEADERS ARE INSANE!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by tomdham

What do you mean there is no such thing as "slant" drilling? What would you call "horizontal" drilling?
This is what we do in North Dakota.

Sorry, Res...it is technically called "directional" drilling. Ask Weatherford or Schlumberger engineers
It normally goes horizontal at about 5000 ft or there about here in Abu Dhabi.

But then again I am an EE not a Driller but you can check it out.

73's again.
Tom

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
[
Trust me we try, but people still post RT and PressTV article.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

To be fair, this is the 'breaking ALTERNATIVE news' forum, so RT and PressTV being altenative to the mainstream media - this is the right place to post it, regardless if it's contents are right or wrong.

I thought that the whole point of ATS, was to post something, then everyone gets to discuss it?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The US has become predictable once it was backed into a corner. Resource dominance is the only way out and they don't care if it were black, brown, red, white skin color its all about the easiet kill for the most and the middle east happens to be that. It is no surprise anymore, we all know the US will go to war with Iran.

Don't kill the messenger.

Side Note: Iran had a 5.0 quake this afternoon.
www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

We here call it horizontal and we go thousands of feet before we go horizontal for thousands of feet. Then we frac....The only good way to get the sweet out of the shale.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilburMercer
In it's last gasping breath, the Collosus of destruction is about to set fire to our ship. This may result in the c atastrophic destuction of life support systems. WARNING YOUR LEADERS ARE INSANE!

Not MY leaders.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think that if The USA goes to war with Iran for Israel (which I am against) then Israel needs to put their troops lives on the line like we do. I don't have a history of bashing Israel, other than for what they did to our boys on the USS LIberty, and a few times on some other issues. However, Being that they are our ally, and it's a so-called War on terror, why exactly is it that they did not provide any troops in Iraq? Can someone answer that question for me? As far as I know, not one Israeli soldier died in Iraq. As far as the other Nations involved, well we all know about those unfortunate souls that were mostly killed by cowardly IED's. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Thanks Res, I didn't know that. There is no shale here in the desert that I know of.
And again, I am not a driller, just an EE keeping the motors turning.

Have a good night,

73's,
Tom

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I realize that it may not be cool to make Bibical reference but a novice can see this train crash from a mile away.

Be open minded for a moment. If this all is a battle between Good and Evil, with the economic collapse, FEMA Camps, Comtrails, Bilderbergs and clashes in the Holy Land, it makes sence. All the wacko conspiricies on these pages come together under the umbrella of Good vs. Evil. God vs. Satan.

Just a thought. Or it could be a bad few years in a crappy world. Do this sometime. Google worst, Earthquake, Volcano Tidal Wave, Hurricane, Drought, Plague, and battle. They will all predate, Kissinger, HHARP, The Council of Foreign relations, the U.N.,most Popes,Obama, Hitler and the majority of the last 100 years.

Every human "thinks" their time is the best or the worst. No one wants to believe theirs is just another life.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
I wonder if this is true. I'll keep an eye on this.

If it is I hope I get deployed there...Israeli chicks are hot

i loled a little to much when i read this so true tho.

on the other note i think things will get to the breaking point and we will be in a war again. this time i think they know they will lose so they will put it where it hurts the most. they will distroy all or most of the oil feilds be for we are able to step in. wich in turn will double or tripple our gas prices over here in the states. after that we will will have no economy at all. $15 for a gallon of gas there will be no crops being planted no truck hauling the good that every one depends on.

if this war breaks out i would say prepare for the worst on this on every body. cus its going to be a ruff ride for the next few years

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Anyone have any reliable news sources about this? I know there is an upcoming drill with Israel (like there is several times a year) but i havent seen anything about "troops for a war". Sounds like more ATS BS to me that someone conjured up from a "news" website or two being run out of someone's basement.

The "TROOPS" going to Israel are mostly retired Military that the IDF is using as consultants. As far as any active U.S. Military....not overtly or would they be wearing anything other than a Golf shirt and shorts! LOL!

The Big Worry is that Israel will go it alone if Iran develops a Nuke. We have told them in no uncertain terms...DO NOT ATTACK WITHOUT US! But their leadership is weary of waiting and has miscalculated by not stopping Israeli Settlements in disputed territory.

The U.S. must have a sit down...or in this case a spank down...and lay conditions on the line that we are giving Israel massive aid as well as weapon systems and it is in everyones interest to solve the Palestinian issue. If Israel were to attack on it's own...even though they are capable...they do not have the capability to capture or distroy all of Irans secret Nuclear facilities.

The U.S. KNOWS where each and every one of these facilities are. The Israelis do not. Plus...targeting a Nuke facility with weapons that are explosive in nature is STUPID. Radiation could be shot up into the air and poison Millions.

The U.S. has plans and abilities that would involve the destruction of Iranian defenses and then the actual boots on the ground capture of these facilities. Any advancing Iranian Army division would get it's first taste of new small but capable EMP generators that can be carried internally in B-2's or even the F-22.

This would allow time for proper physical capture of such facilities as well as render Iranian Military capabilities unable to function. Tests of these weapons have already proved reliable. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's getting to the point now where I think Amercia Gov, and it's troops should be trialed for War Crimes.. This is not defence..This is an attack, simple as.

Every nation on this planet is entitled to a 'Nuke' and the more they press the more I feel they should have one.. I don't think they would be pressing so hard if they could defend themselves with a WMD.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

It appears to me that your assumptions are greatly flawed. There are many examples in the Old Testament where the good in Israel suffered along with the bad. The Babylonian captivity is but one example

Good people there suffered from the actions of the bad. God does not do it. Even with Jesus. He sent him to suffer from the other people. He did not do those things. people did. You could argue that he willingly did that and so he bares some responsibility. But never directly.

God did not destroy anything but the most evil people. Sodom and Gomorrah: Rapists and thieves, just for one example. And he removed the good people first.

There's not a Scripture in the whole of the Bible that indicates God is committed to insuring that Christians will not suffer. Actually, there are several Scriptures to the opposite.

Suffering by others.

It appears to me that the troops being deployed in Israel toward the war with Iran fit quite well into the basic outline of Biblical Prophecy reagrding such wars in the END TIMES.

Has a third of sea life died? Has the moon turned blood red and the sun black? Have anything that precedes it happened? No. That is the answer.

People who read just the ed and the beginning don't know what they are talking about in an English class. Please don't be those people.

Certainly in Israel and in the USA there will be people of good heart and even authentic Christians who will graduate from this life due to such conflicts.

Not one believer can still live, not one piece of the church, when the final battle begins. Are you sure you wish to call end times? Because it means you're not a Christian.

What a clever way for God to get men to shut up. No believer shall ever be alive to call it the end times.

God has it all well in hand and will be exceedingly just as well as exceedingly merciful regardless. HOW HE manages all that is HIS TURF. And He does everything perfectly. .

Yes. SO if you are right, you will be gone before it happens...assuming you truly believe.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

[
Trust me we try, but people still post RT and PressTV article.

To be fair, this is the 'breaking ALTERNATIVE news' forum, so RT and PressTV being altenative to the mainstream media - this is the right place to post it, regardless if it's contents are right or wrong.

I thought that the whole point of ATS, was to post something, then everyone gets to discuss it?

It is and there is nothing wrong with it. It just becomes problematic when sources that have been disproved time and time and time again are continually used and beleived with absolutely no other checking done.

That becomes propoganda, not news.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by polos
It's getting to the point now where I think Amercia Gov, and it's troops should be trialed for War Crimes.. This is not defence..This is an attack, simple as.

Every nation on this planet is entitled to a 'Nuke' and the more they press the more I feel they should have one.. I don't think they would be pressing so hard if they could defend themselves with a WMD.

You don't understand the issue. Any nation can build a Nuclear Weapon as long as it has not signed the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty as Iran has done. By signing the treaty...they were allowed to purchase Nuclear tech. that they did not have the ability to create from Russia in this case and by treaty...they cannot build a bomb or sell nuke tech.

That is the issue as well as the treaty stipulating that any country that is sold this tech. must have all it's nuclear sites inspected....PERIOD! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It is and there is nothing wrong with it. It just becomes problematic when sources that have been disproved time and time and time again are continually used and beleived with absolutely no other checking done.

That becomes propoganda, not news.

Yep very true. But you'll never be able to change their mind. Some people have certain dispositions that make it impossible to be able to "think". We know what that means, but i'm not allowed to say it out loud!

There are also those who have an agenda to peddle any and all of these 'news' stories, to further fuel their anti western ideaolgies. Unfortunately, you won't change their mind either.

I actually find these stories very interesting, even with the questionable source. It gives one an insight into the mindset of potential enemies. It is, after all, the mouth piece of the government of those countries.
edit on 5-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Even after the article had been disproved, includingin the links to other news sources that actually discuss what is going on, they still dont beleive it.

I get all polotics are local, so governments will spin things in their own favor, but this just gets rediculous.

I actually did a thread some time back dealing with the differences between Western media and presstv. In my thread, I pulled the exact same news article, one from foxnews, and one from Presstv.

Presstv left out so much info in order to change the story it wasnt even funny. Aside from a few responses, the thread never went anywhere, even after asking people on that side of the fence to submit their own sources showing where western media lied.

go figure.. when confronted with facts, they bail.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I knew this was probably going to happen. This is a very dangerous situation that has tremendous global implications. If Iran gets attacked (Especially with US involvement) I predict both China & Russia to aid Iran. If that happens, we all know what that would mean. World War Three. Hopefully you all have your SHTF bags packed. I know I do.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Really Tom? Why are you attacking me? I said nothing wrong... Yes it was a typo I meant National Guard...I never said I didnt enlist because I was afraid of dying.. In fact I never said why I didnt enlist. But if you must know its because I found out its not for me.. I went through a phase where I really wanted to join the Military but that was all it was.. a phase, shortly after I changed my mind and decided not to join.. It had nothing to do with my friends stories, in fact most of my friends stories were about how they got to travel to tons of different countries... Of course I heard scary stories as well from some of my friends who almost got killed by an IED attack but thats life in the military, I didnt change my mind because of anything like that...

Trust me I know the Middle East is nothing like its portrayed on the news over here.. Im well aware of what the US Military machine is and that is why I did not join..Also I would like to ask you to please not say "you will not die" to me, I have lost friends overseas and I still have many friends over there.. people do die over there you know...I know that most people who are in the military do enjoy it as it does provide several paths in life and Im sure if I joined I probably would enjoy it too...however that is not what I want to do with my life..

So please keep your assumptions to yourself.. I said nothing of hatred in my original post so there is no need to attack me..None of my stories are "made up" as you claim, the military is just something im no longer interested in, so why get mad about that?

*If you are going to respond to this with hatred than please do not respond at all.. I dont understand what made you so angry in my original post but I hope the above cleared that up for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by tomdham
reply to post by SplitInfinity

We had a really intelligent discussion going here.

Why do you always post this crap????
edit on 5-1-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

What crap are you refering to. I was asked a question about how I got one of my jobs and responded. I have also seemingly been challenged on what I was saying about Chinese and Russian responses to a possible war...as is part of this topic....and thanks to Patriot...as he dug up the RT video of a Russian Military assesment stating exactly what I said....so...what crap? Split Infinity

You got NO jobs, I know who you are.
You are relating scenarios from Tom Clancy's novel "The Bear and the Dragon"
Regards, Sorge

I missed THIS ONE! LOL!
You know who I am do you? Well post it! I have got to hear this!

You know...I have never read that Clancy novel but I am going to now. The difference between us is that it is not important for me for anyone to either agree or believe what I say. No one knows me here and there is possible one person smart enough to figure it out as I have a very overt life as well as my other job...but this person would be smart enough to give me a clue that they know and I would set up a way for us to converse.

YOU....have no clue. The fact that you post that you do is so telling of your personality that I am actually feeling sorry for you. I bear no ill will to you or anyone but when you make rediculous statements that you cannot backup...or at least ADMIT that you have no way of proving...it makes you look bad.

I have said many things here but I will always admit if I cannot provide proof or at the very least a line of logic. You on the other hand...especially in the case of Slant or Directional Drilling....did not even bother to check into it before declaring it a LIE!

Most people do not know that Iraq was correct in it's claims that Kuwait was drilling under their boarder. They used this as a premise for invasion and we miscalculated or screwed up because the politicians rely on us to provide a strategy in dealing with these types of issues.

As far as Iran...I am worried that Iran will miscalculate on U.S. resolve to not allow it to obtain a nuclear weapon. Fortunately...we have a real plan to deal with this as long as Israel does not jump the gun and piss off the whole Arab world as Arabs are long enemies with Persians. The Arab states know that a Nuclear Iran is bad for them and wants Iran put in check.

Iran will implode eventually because of it's democracy seeking youth...but this will not happen before they can make a simple Fision Bomb. The U.S. will have to seize all Iranian Nuke sites with large numbers of Special Forces and Airborne. Bombing them is not an option. All of this can be made to go away if we have a sit down with Iran and directly tell them their options. They are not stupid and if the U.S. specifically states what it will do if they develop a nuke and what the U.S. will do if they do not....War will be averted. Despite Iranian statements and bluster...they are not stupid and a war with Nuclear stakes involved means a Massive and specific gloves off war waged by the U.S. that would remove the regime in a way that would make the invasion of Iraq look like a Firecracker in comparison. Iran knows...if the U.S. goes in....they will go ALL IN. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join