It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

'US deploys troops in Israel for Iran war'

page: 11
140
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
"Unnamed Source"


Good luck with getting some flags. I posted virtually the same story last night and got hardly any.

I do however, think that all this timing is very strabge don't you?
edit on 4-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)






posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If iran puts mines near the small entrance and sinks ships, how is anything going to go in or out without pulling up one or two sunken ships? That means all, ALL activities will be halted in that event. I think that is why iran built small subs to duck and cover, even those small boats they have will easily cross above any sunken ships. The passage there at the tip is so small and so shallow, it is a trap for anyone iran does not like. If such an event happens, i wonder how this will effect the nation of china and others who has oil deals with iran. If that happens then people would have to lob missles across a whole other country whom may or may not be willing to do so because of implications of who's side is on who's. and iran will attack that country for doing so. If this happens, it will be a missle strike first. The largest missle strike ever seen. Iran will exspect this and concentrate it's strength underwater to sink ships that defy them. The whole thing is crazy. A bad idea. It will cause a domino effect that i fear will lead to a long war. I hope they do more peace talks.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can't help but ponder on these two questions....

What troops do we have to send since Obama is cutting the force by tens of thousands?


What do you suppose will happen the moment the FIRST American soldier gets killed in Israel by a Muslim attack from take your choice, the west bank? Lebanon? Syria? Egypt? Never mind that Iran will surely "attempt" to bomb Israel....



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The original source of this story is PressTV - an Iranian international news network.
So there you go.

www.presstv.com...



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Read all of this thread...good, but many are reading too mcuh into this as far as an "invasion of iran".

We have (very quietly) had a small contingent of troops in Isreal since 90-91. These are air defense troops that work with the IDF to train, support, maintain and if needed man a small contingent of US Patriots (Isreal has there own). These are not infantry/armor or "maneuver units of action" as they are called. This exercise deployment does not say what unit the "thousands" of troops will come from. I couldn't remember from my very limited military time....but accroding to Wiki: a Patriot battalion consists of about 600 troops (most of which are maintenece, support, communications and radar specialists). There are 2 to 4 patriot battalions per Air Defense Brigade. So if the US deploys 1 or 2 Air Defense Brigades (along with the necessary security, support, and supply units for them) that could easily equal "thousands" of troops, none of which are trained or equipped to invade anyone..

en.wikipedia.org...


Here is another source on the missile defense exercise:

www.wavy.com...




I had a previous post on my opinion of any Iran strike. There will be no ground invasion IF hostilities break out with Iran.
www.abovetopsecret.com...


This news today on Ground Troop levels supports my opinion. If we were invading by ground we would not be cutting ground troops, unless this is an absolute psyop story. Any action will be naval/air.
www.reuters.com...

We have had these exercises with Isreal before...although with all the saber rattling, and the balliatic missile threat to Isreal, the timing is a bit suspect. Sure would be convienent to have extra air defense should something go down with Iran, planned or not.


edit on 5-1-2012 by SrWingCommander because: add content.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12
 


Pieces need to be put in place strategically first. Going in guns blazing is not how to fight a war with an actual military.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster
 


lmao fair enough



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   


1. They're threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz, the world's most important oil exporting site. This won't only affect the United States, but a majority of the world. 2. They're threatening military action against the United States for traveling in the Strait of Hormuz which is AGAINST INTERNATIONAL LAW of free travel during Maritime. The US also has a naval base in Manama, Bahrain, which is accessed through the strait of Hormuz.
reply to post by apodictic
 


Yes, but, this is their reaction to proposed sanctions against their country because WE said they are trying to get a nuke and we don't want them to have one Everyone knows that sanctions hurt the common citizen far more than the pain it causes those in power.

Wow, one nuke with a country not so far away with over 400. Iran is not stupid but, they will not allow the west to dictate how they run their country. They will thump their chest and strut around... and just maybe do what they say they will do.

Would any American allow a foreign country to dictate how we live? Would you, as an American, allow your next door neighbor tell you that you cannot buy a gun? Maybe they are afraid what you might do with it. Does that give them the right?

Perception is everything. It will be the difference between America being the hero or villain.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In the link to presstv, read the comments under the story. About a half dozen Irani intel folks are writing under alias' to make it appear as though it is an ongoing discussion. It seems obvious to me.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow.. This explains a lot... I signed up on the nation guard site years ago when I was interested in joining.. After research and hearing stories from many of my friends who served I decided not to enlist. Well I would get maybe one or two calls a month for the first 5 months I signed up on the Nation Guard site asking me to enlist and what not..For the last year or so I havent gotten 1 call or 1 email from them at all, until 2 months ago.. 2 months ago I had an Army sgt come to my door asking If I was still interested, I wasnt home at the time so he left a card.. I now have over 4 of these army cards just from the past 2 months a lone..I thought it was weird that they were trying to get me to sign up when for a year they didnt even bother to contact me..

However after reading this thread it all makes sense... The US army is planning to deploy soldiers to Israel which is why they are so persistent to get me to enlist recently..



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Obama may be the most war obsessed president the usa has ever had. Maybe the last if things dont change.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So obama passed the more sanctions bill after iran warned us. I wonder what will become of this all.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am afraid that you are all looking in the wrong direction.

Take a long, hard look at a map of the Middle East. Israel is almost a central hub or jumping-off point, but too far from Iran for any stealthy approach.

I suggest you all look east-north-east of Israel. See what's out there? Now that makes a fine and dandy area for another spot of regime change, don't you think?



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagittarian69
 


I'm going to assume you've never been to the middle east to I'm going to make this as simple for you as possible.

Iran is what we call a "rogue" nation. Their populous are basically living in the stone age. Their Islamic religion is completely bat# insane. Their leaders are ruthless and sponsor and fund terrorist groups around the globe. Now, add onto this their tensions with Israel. If Iran were to develop nuclear weapon capabilities, both Israel and Iran would be hovering with their fingers over the red button until one or the other pushes too hard. This would be the fast track GUARANTEE to a nuclear GLOBAL conflict. The fact that Iran refuses inspections by the IAEA speaks volumes about their true intentions and the extent that they go to in order to cover their tracks.

I don't think anyone has a "right" to own nuclear weapons, but the fact of the matter is the countries that DO own them; have them. You can't exactly take them by force without an extreme risk factor. Humans should have never achieved the destructive capabilities that we have.

Edit to add: If they were to achieve the capabilities, what makes you think they would only make one?


I'm sorry but that's a ludicrous statement.
edit on 5-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So, what do you all think IRAN will do when they see thousands of troops going to isreal? Just sit around and watch them pass by on boats after obama and congress signed the bill. Iran already threatened. Now we see if iran will go thru with this talk and us going over there, is a slap in the face to iran. If this is just an exercise , then why are they going to stay over there with no time date to return. This is all over the web. No time frame for comming back.
WTF is going on?



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
"Unnamed Source"


Good luck with getting some flags. I posted virtually the same story last night and got hardly any.

I do however, think that all this timing is very strabge don't you?
edit on 4-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)


Who cares about flags? Maybe he was posting it purely to bring it to our attention and hopefully spark a discussion.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
If iran puts mines near the small entrance and sinks ships, how is anything going to go in or out without pulling up one or two sunken ships? That means all, ALL activities will be halted in that event. I think that is why iran built small subs to duck and cover, even those small boats they have will easily cross above any sunken ships. The passage there at the tip is so small and so shallow, it is a trap for anyone iran does not like. If such an event happens, i wonder how this will effect the nation of china and others who has oil deals with iran. If that happens then people would have to lob missles across a whole other country whom may or may not be willing to do so because of implications of who's side is on who's. and iran will attack that country for doing so. If this happens, it will be a missle strike first. The largest missle strike ever seen. Iran will exspect this and concentrate it's strength underwater to sink ships that defy them. The whole thing is crazy. A bad idea. It will cause a domino effect that i fear will lead to a long war. I hope they do more peace talks.



what now, i fear.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
So, what do you all think IRAN will do when they see thousands of troops going to isreal? Just sit around and watch them pass by on boats after obama and congress signed the bill. Iran already threatened. Now we see if iran will go thru with this talk and us going over there, is a slap in the face to iran. If this is just an exercise , then why are they going to stay over there with no time date to return. This is all over the web. No time frame for comming back.
WTF is going on?


Israel is at the eastern end of the Mediterranean and is far enough away so that they can't watch them pass by. Iran started by threatening to close the straits to maritime traffic because they want sanctions lifted. Sanctions are in place because Iran won't let inspectors make sure that they are not making bombs....which is apparently what they are doing. Iran is threatening but it would not be to their long term advantage to do anything rash and provide cause for the destruction of their navy, ports, facilities and nuclear operations.
Face slapping is better than nuke swapping.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seibei
Wow.. This explains a lot... I signed up on the nation guard site years ago when I was interested in joining.. After research and hearing stories from many of my friends who served I decided not to enlist. Well I would get maybe one or two calls a month for the first 5 months I signed up on the Nation Guard site asking me to enlist and what not..For the last year or so I havent gotten 1 call or 1 email from them at all, until 2 months ago.. 2 months ago I had an Army sgt come to my door asking If I was still interested, I wasnt home at the time so he left a card.. I now have over 4 of these army cards just from the past 2 months a lone..I thought it was weird that they were trying to get me to sign up when for a year they didnt even bother to contact me..

However after reading this thread it all makes sense... The US army is planning to deploy soldiers to Israel which is why they are so persistent to get me to enlist recently..


Dear Seibei,

"Wow...This explains a lot..."
You do know that it is the "US Army National Guard"? is not the nation guard.
After your research and the stories you "heard" from many of you friends who served you decided not to enlist.
And they kept harassing you for 5 months from the "nation guard" site.."and what not".

Then you haven't heard from them again until 2 months ago and now they are begging you to join the "nation guard" because:
"The US army is planning to deploy soldiers to Israel which is why they are so persistent to get me to enlist recently.."
Are you really serious?

I can not believe the crap that gets passed on as truth here on ATS anymore.
Too many kids making up stories about everything including this "nation guard" post.

Dear Seibie, go enlist, travel the world, see how real life and real people are.
Come over here to Abu Dhabi for vacation and see the real Middle East.
You will not die.....
73's,
Tom



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa


Poke the bear a little more....

Are the powers that be not going to be satisfied until all heck breaks loose?

Hasn't Isreal already told us that they don't need the USA to help them?

This is getting a little ridiculous if you ask me!

Oil, power, greed...I am so tired of this, let's put the powers that be in a cage match and let them duke it out, save thousands if not millions of lives.



www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


A great war is on the horizon, and has been for a while. What you dont hear about Iran is that Russia will come to her aid. Maybe not openly at first but it progress to such, and when Russia is involved China is obligated as well. If we do pick a war with China and Russia it will be the end of Israel and America both.

Soon their puppet Romney will have the reins, and some event will start the war. An attack on our ships etc... Then we will march in and soon find the need for a draft. If you have children you will find yourself shipping them off to war. I would say 12-13 years old right now will be first in line.

If it is to be open war with Russia and China then War may visit our shores as well. You never though you might face open war in the USA, did you? It is a real possibility!

These are the notions we flirt with today. Idiots run the world my friend! They seek blood in place of peace!


edit on 5-1-2012 by moonleaf because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
140
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join