It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Rumors Create Panic Across India-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL! A rumor was apparently started that a huge quake was coming and that people were turning to stone in their sleep. Now some people are fearing doomsday like events. I wonder if any of them have seen sites like ATS before. Now that would cause MAS PANIC IMO lol.theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

– This is straight from Ripley’s Believe it or not. The panic gripped denizens in UP with rumors of mild tremors and ‘people turning into stone statues’ floated on Tuesday night. Hundreds of people in several districts spilled on roads with fear palpable on their face. The rumor started at around 1 am on Tuesday night. Some SMS were exchanged that sleeping people have turned into stone statues and an earthquake was expected. Soon the SMS took the shape of a rumor with constant forwarding among friends and relatives. People panicked and spilled came out on the road. The numbers swelled every moment. They started calling frantically to their relatives enquiring about their well being. With every passing moment the rumor gained ground. Similar scenes were reported in several other districts as Kanpur, Unnao, Fatehpur, Gorakhpur and others. Calls were made to police control room and the staff tried to discourage the rumor but there were no takers. Amidst this in Muslim localities some of them stated that Qayamat (Doomsday) has arrived and people thronged the mosques. Muezzins also started making announcement urging everyone to come out and pray. Soon the mosques were also fully occupied. Amidst this some enterprising tea stall owners also opened their shop and their whole stock vanished in few hours. Somehow the night passed by amidst fear and apprehension. In the morning everyone was seen discussing the same thing at office. Rumors are still doing round with people worried about the night. –Two Circles

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That's how Churches make their money. Put fear in the citizens, and then tell them to pray.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I wonder how many more times we will see this before the end of the year.

But on a serious note maybe peoples internal fear of flight reflex is being triggered easier?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is how you control the humans, with fear and panic. What better way to make money? What would you do to your brethen if you wanted to create a mass panic?

I find this highly entertaining. For one Humans are stupid, any chance you get to exploit them, people will, two

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sounds like they're just making excuses to not watch the pasting they're getting in the cricket...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Hmmmm, Sounds like India has it's own version of Orson Welles.

But at least "War of the Worlds" sounds more plausible.

Even nowadays....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
They should have posted on ATS.

It'd been debunked in 3.5 milliseconds!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a game of telephone gone horribly wrong?

people are sooo gullible and dumb, it makes me sad

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hmm this would go perfectly into my predictions for 2012 thread under the fail section lol, nice catch

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Dear lord, is this some manifestation of a time slip where they were all in 1378 and still believed people can turn to stone? I mean, really? Stone? I've heard of people getting hard but this is just insane!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The guy on the far right in that picture looks more amused than panicked.

Maybe he is the rumor starter & he is getting a kick out of the attention.

new topics

top topics

join