It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressmen, Insider Trading and 9-11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The trades would indeed be easy to make, and there's a good report out there that posits some insider knowledge based on a very detailed analysis.

One problem for Truthers - the trades could easily have been made by Al-Qaeda insiders or their affiliates. So it doesn't help the conspiracy theory one iota.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I think he means ALL the claims surrounding the 911 conspiracy theory not the trading itself.

I think he meant arranging short positions would have added unfathomable levels of complexity if it was an inside job and should therefore not be investigated/discussed.

reply to post by TrickoftheShade

One problem for Truthers - the trades could easily have been made by Al-Qaeda insiders or their affiliates. So it doesn't help the conspiracy theory one iota.

Greedy capitalist Al-Qaeda scum.

edit on 10-1-2012 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug

Are you suggesting it's unlikely that they would have participated in something like this because of their principals? If so, no offence, but I find that quite amusing.

All those terror cells and bombings take cash, loads of it, to run. And KSM and Osama were hardly allergic to money. I imagine that their choicer Saudi friends are even keener on it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Insider trading in Congress.

Congress insider trading 2.

A quote from the second article.

While Congressman Bachus was publicly trying to keep the economy from cratering, he was privately betting that it would, buying option funds that would go up in value if the market went down. He would make a variety of trades and profited at a time when most Americans were losing their shirts.

What is really bad is that some Congresspeople and Senators hold stock in the companies which profit heavily when America sends it's children off to die in foreign lands.

Lawmakers invested in Defense companies.

More lawmakers invested in defense.

2009 Lawmakers who held defense stocks.

More blood money for lawmakers.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug

Are you suggesting it's unlikely that they would have participated in something like this because of their principals? If so, no offence, but I find that quite amusing.

All those terror cells and bombings take cash, loads of it, to run. And KSM and Osama were hardly allergic to money. I imagine that their choicer Saudi friends are even keener on it.

Yeah and all that cash has to come from somewhere, somebody has to supply them with arms, transportation and of course more cash to keep going for over a decade. I wonder where all that cash comes from. Insider trading, or some other cash source.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Bin Laden was extraordianrily rich from his father's construction business. I also think that sadly there are quite a lot of people who like seeing Americans get blown up so I doubt it's a tough thing to raise money for.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

And how do you think did he access his wealth on the run? Did he trade it all in for gold? Did a bank in Afghanistan pay him out? Did he use his credit card?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

And how do you think did he access his wealth on the run? Did he trade it all in for gold? Did a bank in Afghanistan pay him out? Did he use his credit card?

Who was "on the run"?

I think the world of finance might be a bit more complicated than you imagine.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I consider people in the top 5 of the CIAs (FBIs?) most wanted on the run.

No thats the point, the world of finance is very complicated. You cant just withdraw 200.000 Dollar from an ATM in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Like a lot of people here you have a very inflated opinion of the reach of the US government. One can be on the run and just sit in a foreign country inimical to America. And do you suppose that the US can just freeze the assets of foreign banks? Since it can't, enemies of the US can quite easily keep money in lots of institutions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join