It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

odd dream but with what meaning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

The only thing that comes to mind is the word 'murmer', ie., a term applied to flocks of starlings. May help you identify the 'thing' your husband wanted you to understand?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thank you everyone, for the support and for the great ideas!
Honestly, it seems like everyones ideas could be applicable to my life.
It's given me a lot of food for thought, that's for sure. You've all really opened my mind up I needed that.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I was in the backyard looking up a tree with a shotgun in my hands, looking at some animal or another up there and wondering if I should kill it...
As I'm looking at this critter I hear a shotgun shot over to my right. I look over and there is my husband with his favorite 12 gauge and he had just shot a starling (bird) out of another tree near the barn. As the bird fell I could hear it making it's mating call...
Oddly enough I was not surprised to see him , nor did I go to him.
I was surprised that I had not heard the starling because it was so loud and obvious. and I was surprised I had not heard him or seen him walk up to that tree as it was in my line of sight.
He simply looked at me as if to say 'don't you get it?'
-the end.

I know this is a month ago but that matters little. I read the responses and thought I would add something to it. I edited and embellished you recounting to the hi points as I saw it.

Personally I also think we are visited by family and relatives in dreams. Dreams are the easiest to influence. Sometimes a dream will be accompanied by action in the real world as validation of the dream. Often times they are trying to impart a message of some kind. Some time it is just to say good bye for now or deliver a warning of some kind. In your case I get the impression that his was a reminder that he will always be your "mate" (the mating call) of a bird that has "passed on". That he might "be around" to watch over you. Get it?

Supposedly all our ancestors are around somewhere waiting, watching... I have no proof for that, but then there is this "vivid" dream of him that sticks with you, right? Life goes on, here and "there". You sound like you are dealing with your loss as well as to be expected, and he just dropped around to say hi.

You could try lying awake just before sleep and speaking quietly to him and see if that does not illicit a response.
It might take more than one or more nights or nothing happen at all. Never mind, sounds like all is well to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh, thank you that was so nice.
I debated putting that pic up since I took it but I knew good or bad, I'd get input here.

and yes, I do get it. I can still see that dream like it was last night, the colors were soooo vivid. It's good to know he's still taking care of me.
enough time has passed I'm dealing with it OK but I still miss the hell out of him. Always will I suppose.

I'll try the nighttime thing. I had a medium tell me in the beginning he wouldn't come around until I could handle it, it's making alot more sense now.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

...but I still miss the hell out of him. Always will I suppose.
I'll try the nighttime thing.

I'm so sorry for your "loss". Try to remember that we are all spirits or "ghosts" and your husband hasn't really "died". He is most likely nearby . Know that and take comfort from it. Also realize there is a kind of "veil" between this world and that. That is hard to punch thru from his side as well. It takes a lot of energy to do that. Thats why we typically hear from them in dreams. It's a lot easier than manifesting in the room while we're awake. You may or may not get a response trying to communicate. It has been some time since your dream. I would say make some effort, but don't get disappointed if the "window" is closed. His vivid one time message was clear enough. He'll be there to watch over you always. You are one together even though "separated" right now. Eternity is a long time, our life times here but an eye blink.

That is so cool. And if you are ever in trouble he may "help out". We may never even be aware that they are there helping us, but they are. The vividness of his connection with you is the fond memory you can carry with you always. The strength of your bond, the memories of your time together. Never fear... one day you shall both meet again.

By the way, it is also okay to move on with your life too, here. If you meet another you will know it then too and it will be okay. Sometimes it will take a long while to finish grieving first. Thank you for letting me share that with you, if I helped you in some small way, then I get a feel good too.

intrptr

top topics

<< 1   >>

join