It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

odd dream but with what meaning?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have debated this dream all day and I can't figure it out.
my dream books are really no help on this one.

It was short but is still very vivid and it was in color:
I was in the backyard looking up a tree with a shotgun in my hands, looking at some animal or another up there and wondering if I should kill it (the animal had 4 legs but was unfamiliar).

As I'm looking at this critter I hear a shotgun shot over to my right. I look over and there is my husband with his favorite 12 gauge and he had just shot a starling (bird) out of another tree near the barn. As the bird fell I could hear it making it's mating call (as we used to call it, just an obnoxious shriek).

Oddly enough I was not surprised to see him , nor did I go to him.
I was surprised that I had not heard the starling because it was so loud and obvious. and I was surprised I had not heard him or seen him walk up to that tree as it was in my line of sight.
He simply looked at me as if to say 'don't you get it?'
-the end.

now a few minor details about my real life:
my husband died 2 yrs & 4 mos ago.
I have had several dreams since he died and I always get so excited to see him I wake up immediately.

I am currently enrolled in college but am thinking of changing my major because, well, it's just not that interesting to me..
and I live in the country so the shotguns are just a part of life out here, nothing abnormal there.
and I do not have any new 'men' in my life.

SO what is he trying to tell me?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"he's" probably not telling you anything as he is deceased, that is not a joke nor meant to be funny. Your dream in particular is your subconscious longing for days past. Have you been depressed recently or have you been wanting to get involved with some new activity?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i had a very close friend, almost like a little sister, die just over a year ago, i was with her sister for nearly 6 years and we had a kid

she has came to me in dreams and they have been the most realistic i have ever had

i believe that people close to you can come to you in dreams

i also believe they are giving us messages

hope you find your message

love and peace

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I agree with ZeroUnlmtd you tend to dream about something you have recently had on your mind a lot and recently with Christmas and the new year passing which makes people think more about loved ones than usual it is probably related to that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
I agree with ZeroUnlmtd you tend to dream about something you have recently had on your mind a lot and recently with Christmas and the new year passing which makes people think more about loved ones than usual it is probably related to that.

thats exactly what i was thinking. Holidays spent with family are great but in the absence of the most cherished loved ones that sense of longing brings on strange if not almost real dreams.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

well, sure I miss the hell out of him but not any more over the holidays than any other day. We were not big fans of holidays if that makes sense. although New Years kinda sucked without him, it's the first one I didn't cry. I was kinda proud of myself it's like progress.

I do get in 'funks' where I know it's depression, both over him and just winter in general. I've been making myself get more active in the barn and whatnot - it makes me feel better and sleep better.
and I'm losing my job Feb.1 my boss is shutting down the little retail store thanks to our new economy. I've known this since summer which is why i went back to school.
my favorite thing to do is trail ride but there isn't alot of that going on right now. only horse activity this time of year is feeding and cleaning.

I guess I was just looking for something solid to go with like : change your major ; don't think about getting a boyfriend ; get a sugar daddy; maybe drop the college idea all together, i dunno.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
i had a very close friend, almost like a little sister, die just over a year ago, i was with her sister for nearly 6 years and we had a kid

she has came to me in dreams and they have been the most realistic i have ever had

i believe that people close to you can come to you in dreams

i also believe they are giving us messages

hope you find your message

love and peace

I believe they can come to us too, but I also have no doubt that sometimes it's just our subconscious messing with us like ZeroUnlmtd said.
But this one is still so vivid and I tend to think the ones that stick with you are the important ones.
I think he's trying to tell me I'm looking in the wrong place, I just don't know what about.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is a message there for you but since I don't live your life, I cannot decipher this one on your behalf. Can I ask something, please? What did the rest of the landscape look like? Was it just your normal surroundings? Like everything looked just as it should, or was there something unusual there? I don't mean anything subtle. It would be quite blatantly obvious.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I guess I was just looking for something solid to go with like : change your major ; don't think about getting a boyfriend ; get a sugar daddy; maybe drop the college idea all together, i dunno.

Common dreams aren't actually prognosticators as a rule. They don't actually suggest specific decisions to make in waking life.

Generally, dreams help us deal with subconscious issues. Think of the subconscious as a storage container that collects all the stuff you don't or can't deal with at the moment. Later on, when you are ready to deal with the aspects or subjects on a conscious level ... dreams bubble up (percolate sort of) the pertinent images, sensations, concepts or subjects from the old storage container and bring it to the top for the conscious to deal with and present them to you as dreams.

To me, your husband in the dream seems to be saying - "I wear the pants in the house, let me deal with it. I'm here to take care of you, even when you don't see me, I watch over you." The bird seems to be your job.

Now, I could be 100% wrong as that's only how MY interpretation of the dream would be if that were my dream and in my life. Your life, as everyone else's is unique. Therefore, you are your own best dream interpreter.

I think he's trying to tell me I'm looking in the wrong place, I just don't know what about.

edit on 4/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

No it was my little farm exactly as it really is. Even the trees were 'right'. and it was this time of year, no leaves, no green grass and we both had heavy winter coats on. The colors in the dream struck me because I rarely dream in color. He was wearing a very familiar blue down coat which was open with a red sweatshirt on. Even the guns were familiar.
The only odd thing was the animal I was looking at. I could not identify it. Still can't. Like a cross between a squirrel and a cat.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

You mean like this? Still need to think about it. There is meaning but it's after 6am and I haven't gone to bed yet. Better late than never!

Think about it too. I think he's addressing your distraction at the expense of noticing something screaming loudly and in plain sight right in front of you. I think that's more the point than anything. He wants you to focus on what's obvious rather. Look at the adjectives you use. Look at the things that call your attention in your description. Those will point to the answer.

G'night!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

To me, your husband in the dream seems to be saying - "I wear the pants in the house, let me deal with it. I'm here to take care of you, even when you don't see me, I watch over you." The bird seems to be your job.

that's a whole different avenue than I was thinking and actually it hits a nerve.
thank you
edit on 4-1-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by horseplay because: can't get my comment out of the quote.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Dear Horseplay,

You didn't recognize the creature in the tree but still was debating on shooting it.

He could of been letting you know how precious life is and that once you do it you can't take it back.
Hence, him shooting that bird and giving you that look, showing you that once it's done, it's done.
So this could be a warning from him to prevent a bad scenario from happening.

If your a hunter (i'm guessing you are) make damn sure you know what your shooting at before you pull that trigger.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

kind of like that creature but just plain brown. i don't think we have those here...
You make sense, thanks so much!
get some sleep....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by will615
Dear Horseplay,

You didn't recognize the creature in the tree but still was debating on shooting it.

He could of been letting you know how precious life is and that once you do it you can't take it back.
Hence, him shooting that bird and giving you that look, showing you that once it's done, it's done.
So this could be a warning from him to prevent a bad scenario from happening.

If your a hunter (i'm guessing you are) make damn sure you know what your shooting at before you pull that trigger.

wow, thanks another insightful reply ! that makes total sense too. i knew ATS could help me think outside the box...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What I get out of it is, you were caught up with the weird creature and due to the fact that it was not something you were used to you probably were going to shoot it. Then your husband shoots a normal bird in a tree in front of you but you did not notice because you were caught up with the weird creature. Isn't it funny that your husband randomly shot a native bird for no reason? I believe the dream is saying that you were meant to shoot the weird creature as he was the metaphorical representation of your unhappiness of the death of your husband. And your husband was showing you what you were suppose to do and you completely missed the point which prompted the mental projection of your husband to ask if you understood.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperMassiveBlackH0le

I tried to give you your first star for that but I don't think it let me.
He would no doubt be irked I haven't 'moved on' yet. I'm sure in his earthly mind I should have a new man by now and forgotten all about him. That was the way he thought....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

well, sure I miss the hell out of him but not any more over the holidays than any other day. We were not big fans of holidays if that makes sense. although New Years kinda sucked without him, it's the first one I didn't cry. I was kinda proud of myself it's like progress.

I do get in 'funks' where I know it's depression, both over him and just winter in general. I've been making myself get more active in the barn and whatnot - it makes me feel better and sleep better.
and I'm losing my job Feb.1 my boss is shutting down the little retail store thanks to our new economy. I've known this since summer which is why i went back to school.
my favorite thing to do is trail ride but there isn't alot of that going on right now. only horse activity this time of year is feeding and cleaning.

All of that is natural to feel, i've lost many friends and family alike so i have an idea of what you are going though, can't imagine what losing your better half feels like nor the day to day afterwards. But I will tell you STAY IN SCHOOL , you'll regret not finishing that one for sure. And i'll be your sugar daddy
j/k j/k

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Well, thank you for your effort anyways.. I wish I could have been more considerate in my interpretation of your dream, seeing as how closely related it seems to be to the death of your husband. Sadly that is how I think, I like to get an idea across at a time. Condolences to your husband and I wish you the best of wishes, just remember that no matter what positive energy is stronger than negative energy and I'm sure that's what your husband was trying to get across to you in the first place. It's natural to feel bad about a lost loved one, and it's also understandable to feel as though you shouldn't wouldn't couldn't move on for so many different reasons that i'm not even going to begin to list them. The most important thing to know is just accept anything and everything unless you think you can actually change it, thus the sorrow in life... This is all the advice I can give and who knows maybe i'm a babbling idiot.

Have a good one...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Maybe he is drawing your attention to the fact that while you are busy focusing your attention on one thing, you are missing the obvious.
Or, you are focusing on something unimportant atm & missing opportunities.

It was your husband that gave you the look of 'Don't you get it' wasn't it? (Wasn't sure if it was the bird at first,lol!)

Hope you figure it out- dreams can be bloody perplexing!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join