It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Prepares for Military Intervention in Syria-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, we knew it had to happen sooner rather than later, but not the best time with the whole strait of hormuz thing going on IMO. rt.com...

Damascus is criticizing the US for sending an envoy to Cairo's Arab League discussions about ending the Assad regime’s crackdown on dissent. London-based political analyst Chris Bambery says the US is preparing for a military intervention in Syria.

According to Barbery, sanctions against Syria are only the beginning of Western intervention. "The key ally in this enterprise, Turkey, has been involved with the Free Syrian Army – training them, and we know there are also American advisers in those camps in Turkey," he says. And, "when you combine all that – sanctions, diplomatic moves, the involvement with the Free Syrian Army, it begins to create a dynamic that though perhaps the Americans don’t want involvement in the military operation in Syria, they can pull it in that direction.”

“The United States is one of the parties seeking to rekindle violence by its mobilization and incitement,” said a representative of the Syrian Foreign Ministry.

I believe after the US and Arab league officials discuss the attrocities happening, could only be a matter of days. Syria has kinda slipped out of the spotlight in recent weeks because of the Iran speedbump. I also seen an article yesterday that Assad was having a mountainside bunker built in preperation for the upcoming fighting.
edit on 4-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think its interesting that the US is using other rebel armies as pawns to fight the wars for them.

And people say the US is dumb

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Gotta love those self-fulfilling prophecy leaders.

The road to Damascus has tales of an apostle and the jump off for the wars described in revelations that lead to the rapture.

Good times.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I think its interesting that the US is using other rebel armies as pawns to fight the wars for them.

And people say the US is dumb

It's not a new maneuver by the US...we've done it numerous times. A recognized example being "Charlie Wilson's War" in the early 80s when the US armed the afghan tribes to fight against Russia.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Well, we knew it had to happen sooner rather than later, but not the best time with the whole strait of hormuz thing going on IMO

It's always a good time for the American War Machine. They don't care where the war is, as long as there is one.

Whichever tinder box goes off first, that's where it'll be. Then when there's a handle on that one and after a few thousand die, it's off to the next.

After all, what would the US be without war?

edit on 4-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

they are not really "rebel" armies....they are mercenaries and their weapons...guerilla warfare in an urban environment is still warfare all the same....

so a group of trained foreigners arrive in Syria....a group that are paid to be there by god knows who....
before that, over the internet.... initially a resistance movement against random BS was started....over social sites...a division of the people was created that seemed legitimate because of the anonymity of the internet..

then said group of Caucasian Intelligent Activists train, but primarily "handle" said rebels and presto, an army rises....mostly by non-Syrians at first in any meaningful combat capacity.....or leadership....

eventually you have the ranks being filled by people who are in the best position to benefit from the power shift...and the hit and run begins.......

edit on 4-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I don't see how the Syrian Foreign Ministry can be a believable source. I think the sanctions are as far as it will go. Civil Wars are a nasty business and should be left to work themselves out where possible.

But then perhaps Obama really is a crazed War Monger. He's certainly has delusions of grandeur.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Mark my words. Obama will deliver us into WW3, because that is the ONLY way he can remain President. He will lead us into WW3 and cancel the election. Why that idiot is still breathing is a mind #!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

Obama's supporters elected him on a premise that he would end the wars altogether. I don't see how a new war will spark support for him unless the Republican neocons decide to back him!

That will never happen!

Stories like this should be evidence that Obama is no different than Bush. This one is the same as the last. They are all told what to do and when to do it.

If you think Obama really has anything to do with it then....well some education would do some people a world of good.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

Obama's supporters elected him on a premise that he would end the wars altogether. I don't see how a new war will spark support for him unless the Republican neocons decide to back him!

That will never happen!

Stories like this should be evidence that Obama is no different than Bush. This one is the same as the last. They are all told what to do and when to do it.

If you think Obama really has anything to do with it then....well some education would do some people a world of good.

I think what he meant perhaps is that obama hopes that by being at war he will be able to cancel the elections giving him more and more control as he continues to refuse to go through congress.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Other threads and news sources saying that the US is getting ready for military action Iran and staging in Israel. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now Syria too
Wars and rumors of wars are ratcheting up quickly. How soon will it be before someone's itchy trigger finger gets scratched?
edit on 4-1-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Gotta love those self-fulfilling prophecy leaders.

The road to Damascus has tales of an apostle and the jump off for the wars described in revelations that lead to the rapture.

Good times.

This is the beginning of Gog and Magog. The king of the South (Kenyan Obama) is trying hard to piss off the King of the North (Russia). It's coming you can believe it. The whole deal going between Israel,Iran,Syria, China,U.S.,Russia, U.K. oh yeah. The 2 kings and their allies and armies are about to throw down.
Never imagined when i was younger that i'd be living in prophecy. Folks better get your survival gear and your hideouts ready just incase you know what doesn't happen.
edit on 5-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

After all, what would the US be without war?

A very fundamental question , the answer is nothing.

American people have been taught to be scared , and they are doing good being scared.

Americans has always been under attack

IMHO , US has so many internal issues to take care of and involving in another war is never in order to happen.

Here is my Christmas present for denying ignorance :

The present and future of US war-machine after the ellections

top topics

join