It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parties Target Voters Abroad (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Republican and Democrat parties scourge the world looking for voters that live abroad to vote. The race is so close the citizens living elsewhere may hold the key to power.

www.foxnews.com
CHICAGO � In this presidential election year, every vote counts � even in, say, Canada.

Both major parties are scouring the globe for U.S. citizens living or working abroad. With the closeness of the 2000 election in mind, each candidate has an incentive for chasing down the estimated 7 million voters living abroad.

"We know Florida was decided by 500-and-something votes. New Mexico was even closer ... 400 and change. New Hampshire was less than 20,000," said Roger King of Democrats Abroad Canada (search).

Around the world are rich veins of American votes to mine. Canada is home to an estimated 400,000 American citizens. Mexico has just slightly less, while a quarter of a million Americans live in Great Britain, and just fewer than 200,000 are in Israel.

www.foxnews.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I agree every citizen should vote, only to make it a fair election.
Just think the Americans living in Great Britain could be crucial to the election results.

This is very interesting, Americans living abroad haven't seen all the nasty negative commercials that Americans living in the USA see all day long, every day. The citizens living abroad will not be swayed as much by all the negative commercial and hopefully will vote accordingly.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Perhaps they do not see the bad comercials but I am sure they get to see the news that comes from the middle east, more freely than here.

new topics

join