It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: Iran’s Nuclear Fuel Rod Doesn’t Pose Military Threat, U.S. Analysts Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well, this is something many of us here at ATS have been saying over and over. There have been a handful of articles posted in these last months suggesting that this whole notion of there being a state of emergency as Iran is Just! Days! Away!
from acquiring a nuclear weapon! just being propaganda to scare the American masses into blindly supporting yet another BS war we can't afford.

This article was published just today. Doesn't it feel like our own (well, American) experts keep reassuring us that there is no reason to panic, Iran is not on the verge or acquiring a weapon, but the politicians and media talkingheads are shouting over them, insisting that military action must be taken immediately to keep Iran from blowing us and/or Israel to bits?

Iran’s development of a nuclear fuel rod for medical research isn’t a milestone in a quest for atomic weapons, according to energy analysts in the U.S.

“This has some diplomatic significance and virtually no military significance,” James Acton, a senior associate in the Nuclear Policy Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington, said yesterday in a telephone interview.

Although Iran’s announcement sends a signal that the country may have the ability to develop fuel for research uses without external help, such units need uranium that’s less concentrated than what’s needed to make weapons, he said.

Folks, please listen up. When you hear you friends and family regurgitating the propaganda that MSNBC and FOX are spewing out (not to mention the GOP debates-- it's like a competition of "No, Iran will have a weapon in a year!" "No, six months!" "No! A week at most!", with some exception), please help them to hear this message. We don't need another war. We can't afford it financially. The psychologically stability of the planet can't afford it. We don't need thousands more innocents dying. We don't need to send our kids to fight yet another rich man's war. Not until we have no other choice.

Please help spread the word of peace while it's still an option.

Source

PS
(Remember that time we just had invade Iraq because they surely had nuclear weapons? And al-Qaeda was there? Remember that time we found no weapons? Remember when we reluctantly admitted al-Quada wasn't actually in Iraq... but they are now? Remember when it took us ten years to pack up and leave, and the elites insisted we left too soon?)

Remember your history, or you'll be doomed to relive it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

Great find! I agree with what you say, the reason they regurgitate this crap is they are consumed by fear, and fear always holds the upper hand in such situations, sadly.

Fear is the root cause of most transgressions in this world.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Great find and thank you.
So even the experts are saying the Iran building a Nuclear Bomb is wrong because they don't have the right rods.
Which of course will be ignored by the PTB.
In a world where we have to get rid of fossil fuel usage nuclear is an answer, just make it more safe.
I really hope people do read your post and stop the saber rattling but of course some people love watching war on TV or love playing armchair general.
I will send this post to all my Mailbox to spread the word of peace.
Cheers BM

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Israel is saying they are trying to get the bomb.
Who do you think our government will listen to our analysts or Israel?
So your proof and evidence stating otherwise is null and void.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Israel is saying they are trying to get the bomb.
Who do you think our government will listen to our analysts or Israel?
So your proof and evidence stating otherwise is null and void.

Yeah, I realize that you or I have no power or say in these matters and the war bells will ring regardless of our views. I still believe it's always worth it for the common people to be informed of the truth and stand tall and united even if we are ignored. If my nation is going to be engaged in a war for a cause I don't agree with led by people who don't represent me or my neighbor, I would prefer to at least have the support of my neighbor, better yet my community.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anything with "Bloomberg" on it, I take with a grain of salt. Michael Bloomberg is a complete idiot!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
GO back and look at the threads on here about the "fuel rod". Actually not many folks at all (except warmongering ATS'ers) gave it much credence. To boot, even the MAINSTREAM MEDIA articles said it was ONLY a rod and COULD NOT confirm it even contained pellets. The only folks blowing it out of proportion ARE ON HERE!!!!!

Try again. MAJOR FAIL.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Iran has elections coming up in March. Remember what happened the last time? Total chaos with police thugs and snipers everywhere, with dead protesters being made martyrs in the streets. All because of the obvious fraud in the ballot counting. There are still Iranian court cases going on because of the protests.

The current Iranian administration will face a new round of unrest unless it is open and honest during the upcoming election process. The election has already been fatally compromised by the restrictions put in place since the unrest the last time.

www.washingtonpost.com... IQA9f82EP_story.html
"For the March elections, the Interior Ministry is in charge of the weeklong registration process. All Iranian nationals between 30 and 75 years of age who hold a master’s degree and have “proven themselves to be loyal” to Khamenei are allowed to run. Once submitted, candidacies have to be approved by the hard-line constitutional watchdog known as the Guardian Council.
The council’s chief, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, has said the reformists, whom he called traitors, need not participate. His statement was widely seen as an indication the hard-line body would disqualify anyone perceived as a reformist from running."

The Iranian people are once again going to be denied any chance of peacefully changing the composition of their country's leadership. After the "Arab Spring" has permeated every aspect of the middle-east ideology, I can not believe that things are going to go smoothly.

Iran's secret (not-secret) nuclear program may be capable of eventually producing weapons-grade material. But I would be more concerned with it being used in small "tactical devices" in an Iranian civil war than outside the country. The Iranian administration has a lot more to worry about than just the Straits of Hormuz and lower revenue from oil sales.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
GO back and look at the threads on here about the "fuel rod". Actually not many folks at all (except warmongering ATS'ers) gave it much credence. To boot, even the MAINSTREAM MEDIA articles said it was ONLY a rod and COULD NOT confirm it even contained pellets. The only folks blowing it out of proportion ARE ON HERE!!!!!

Try again. MAJOR FAIL.

Well that was rude.

Anyway,

Fuel rods are stacks of low-enriched uranium pellets that are bundled together at the core of a nuclear reactor. Sunday's announcement appeared aimed at demonstrating Iran's growing sophistication in developing a home-grown nuclear program, amid fears from the West that it will use its knowledge to build nuclear weapons.

(No mention in this article of the rod not being a threat)

( Source: CNN )

All of the media stories I have seen on the rod said it may or may not contain pellets, it may or may not mean an increased risk, they couldn't confirm whether or not we should be alarmed. It's just an article confirming that we shouldn't be.

Why are you laughing at me like that? Sorry my post is such a "MAJOR FAIL" and not up to your standards. Really a very unkind way to treat your fellow ATSers.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by twinmommy38

Iran's secret (not-secret) nuclear program may be capable of eventually producing weapons-grade material. But I would be more concerned with it being used in small "tactical devices" in an Iranian civil war than outside the country. The Iranian administration has a lot more to worry about than just the Straits of Hormuz and lower revenue from oil sales.

Very good point, and I would tend to agree with you.

top topics

join