It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let not religion seperate you from your humanity, plus a little chat on the term 'racism.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Lets face it we are a stubborn opinionated species of beings. Instead of being one human race we are individual contestants breaking ourselves down by color of skin, haves and have nots, good looking or not, it's rediculous. The term racism itself is ridiculous, it makes no sense. If it does then it's saying that blacks whites browns purples and yellows arte all different races, as far as my knowledge goes we're all human we may look different but thats because we all come from different areas of the world. If i'm black and you're white i'm no different than you than you are to me, we're both human, black brown and white are skin colors, just that, not different species. If disagreed than i'd say we've already lost our humanity. Now to the main topic, as with racism religion seperates us from who we are as humans, now hold on, please i inplore you to read further. I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone when they had to let me go because they were being forced to go to church, mine friend is not religious and neither am I. Sadly, my friend, instead of having his mother respect his beliefs, she instead shoved her beliefs down his throat, because of religion we are not longer human. We hate each other, condemn each other, objectify and discreminate each other, because we believe that a deity that cannot be seen or heard wants us to behave in such ways. It is dispicable and sad. I was religious once, then I sat in church one day and that about all the condradictions I was hearing, I'd hear a "love thy neighbor" followed by a "hallalujah, damn those satanists to hell!" I realized it was ridiculous, my life was based on faith in something that was making me the very monster I despise. I stopped believing, I became a better person, and now instead of only saying "love thy neighbor on sundays" I can actually do so literally. Have we lost our humanity? Have we descended so low that we declare everything around us as inferior to us. My friends mother sends him to church despite his beliefs to "save him from the devil!" I don't know about you but that just sounds ridiculous and makes me giggle. - Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

Dear JohnCreed777,

May I please bother you to read the OP in this thread:The Most Important Paragraph I've Ever Read. I think we're concerned about the same things.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hi there JohnCreed. Thank you for sharing your understandings. We often allow many factors to separate, divide, and isolate us. Nationality, ethnicity, politics, social status, wealth, religion, ideas, entertainment likes, etc. We are all one family of mankind, we're in this together. Peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Psh, i reject humanity. I'd rather have Yahuwah and Yahshua.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Hi lonewolf. What about these concepts in regards to your reply?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." - Matthew 7:1-2

"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." - Matthew 22:39 & Mark 12:31

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." - Matthew 5:44 & Luke 6:27-28

Your reply seems to promote disunity and separation rather than harmonious unity.

edit on 1/6/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Hi lonewolf. What about these concepts in regards to your reply?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." - Matthew 7:1-2

"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." - Matthew 22:39 & Mark 12:31

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." - Matthew 5:44 & Luke 6:27-28

Your reply seems to promote disunity and separation rather than harmonious unity.

Means "do not point your finger at another person's sin for you do the same things", its the biblical way of saying "mind your own business".

I never said you shouldn't love your enemies as you love your neighbor, but do not confuse this for loving their wicked ways. Many people believe that we have to put up with their wicked ways and condone it and we do not and i shall not.

I reject humanism. Putting anyone before Yahuwah is called humanism. It is where man seeks to replace the Creator to follow his own ways. There's nothing wrong with being humanitarian, as long as Yahuwah comes first.
edit on 6-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more! Humanity as a whole makes me sick any more.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I starred and flagged you, friend, I think we are on the same page here. Please read my own thread here:
Mankind and the Great Divide

And, part two here:

The Division of Mankind Part 2

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hey lonewolf, thanks for clarifying your view. When you said that you "reject humanity," I was drawn to the conclusion that you "reject mankind." This interpretation seemed as though you were espousing the very separation of religious superiority that the OP was trying to unite us against.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Would you agree that you are an inseparable part of humanity/mankind? Point the finger and there are 3 fingers pointing towards yourself. We're all in this together, no separate 'you' and 'I.'

Peace.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you, Charles1952 I believe we are.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thank you Autowrench, I read Your article on the Great Divide 1 and 2. I must say I found it very intriguing and informational. The compilation of research was very well written. Hopefully soon everyone will realize such things.

top topics

join