It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Caught On Tape Planting Drugs In Suspect’s Car ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Apparently this is still an ongoing investigation..Officials from the NAACP chapter brought the video to the attention of the police. Utica police say they have met with the FBI about the case this morning and asked to remain updated on the outcome.

Source

The Utica Phoenix, a local weekly newspaper has posted on its website what appears to be an incriminating video, one minute and 40 seconds in length, featuring Utica Police Officers placing baggies, possibly filled with drugs, in the vehicle of a person they pulled over for running a stop sign.

The 1:40 portion of the video being shown on social media sites on the internet shows a Utica Police officer taking a baggie from his pocket and putting it, apparently, on the seat of the vehicle he'd just pulled over. Earlier in the video, in a portion not shown on all the social media sites, the officer's empty hand can be seen going in the driver's jacket pocket, pulling out a baggie. Utica Police Chief Mark Williams says the matter was thoroughly investigated.

Source

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It would be nice if you gave an opinion or a description of what we are seeing.

In any event it is an interesting video ,but it does not show what it was that the officer pulled out from behind him. How do we know it is drugs? How do we know it is not something else entirely? How do we know if this man was even charged with a crime?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

When I was posting it I hit the wrong button and it posted, my bad.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It looked to me like he took something (plastic glove etc) out of his back pocket and used it to pick up what was in the car.....we may never know unless more info is found and/or video is enhanced.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Sad how it is, this happens all over the world, not just certain countries.

The reason is: They gotta do this to keep their jobs.

Since their budget approval is directly linked to their numbers of arrests and criminals put behind bars, if they do not reach a certain number, the workforce needs to be cut. That usually means one of their friends or even themselves will loose their jobs... They have to come up with more ways to get arrests, often times for insignificant matters or even fabricated cases. I have seen far worse things than this...

It is the same as any other business really, trying to find more ways to make profit constantly. And it will always happen under the monetary system.

The saddest part though, in court it is usually the word of the police vs the word of the "Criminal". Guess who wins that argument.
edit on 4-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
www.inquisitr.com...

Here's the full 30 minute dash cam footage. He was separating the drugs from different defendants, putting one bag in his pocket, then moving them around. Getting the full story really changes the outcome.

You can also see him taking bag after bag of drugs out of the girl's pockets before this alleged "planting" incident. So he knew the camera was on and he already found drugs on the girl, so why would he plant drugs in the car in full view of the camera?
edit on 4-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This topic has already been posted and debunked...please refer all comments to the thread available here.

Mods please close thread..

abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Even facts can't stop you from bashing the police, huh? Take 30 minutes and watch the whole video instead of jumping to conclusions about the whole police force.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

lol check the timeline dude. I posted that before any facts was put in this thread.

Also i thought this was kinda suspect, the police are usually not stupid enough to be caught on tape like this, especially not from their own police car cameras.

This does not change the fact that it is something they actually do, though.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
to be honest they never had to plant the drugs on me i did that on my own volition but to make as big a deal about it because cops do these thing but not all cops.

The only thing that makes me mad is that they where ether so lazy they couldn't find a real offender or that they had a personal problem with this person which means they couldn't catch him legally

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I am not a "dude" and that was my point...check the facts before jumping on the bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just goes to show how corrupt the system really is.

top topics

join