It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years Brawl Caught On Tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is pretty hectic, I would hate to be the owner of this restaurant. It appears to be racially motivated according to the video author. The video will do the rest of the explaining.

It happens in Montreal, Canada early New Years Morning.

Beware violence and foul language

Montreal Chinatown restaurant brawl video goes viral

A wild scene of diners throwing plates and pounding each other with chairs at a restaurant in Montreal's Chinatown has gone viral, thanks to a shaky video of the fight.

The grainy video was shot early on New Year's morning and shows dozens of patrons engaged in a full-on brawl. Plates are tossed, chairs are hurled and glasses are thrown as two sides square off against each other.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

For all I know it could be staged but it looks real to me. I hope no one got to hurt those plates can probably do some damage, so can fists and chairs. You would kind of expect gunfire to break out, I'm glad it didn't.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That looks Crazy!

Talk about a way to ring in the new year.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
People love to be entertained by violence. Viral is totally the right word.

This video doesn't do anything other than show an incident with zero context.

All that was missing was a magazine with a Kardashian on the cover and something about Iraq

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Police say they got several calls about the brawl, but they aren't likely to press any charges relating to the melee

No charges for criminal damage, public disorder and who knows what else? The details are very thin on the ground and I can't really see if it is as the title suggest "Blacks vs Asians" as at the end, a young black guy (the one filming, at least I think he is black, it's a bit hard to tell with all the shaking) turns the cam on himself while he talks into it smiling (???) and you can see he is standing next to a young Asian woman. Weird. I'm glad I wasn't there. The Greek idea of smashing the dinner plate just got took to a whole new level. Sad.

edit on 4/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Get your eyes checked, you must have missed the people getting hit in the face with chairs and tables and flying leg kicks.

All that was missing was a magazine with a Kardashian on the cover and something about Iraq

What kind of mags are you reading man?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Get your eyes checked, you must have missed the people getting hit in the face with chairs and tables and flying leg kicks.

Yeah, that is called an incident. We said the same thing. Don't need my eyes checked.

Humanity loves watching others suffer. Look at all the threads on this site alone. Examples of recent threads are are Muslims beating white people drunk. Soldiers hurting animals and people. etc etc etc

edit on 4-1-2012 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is not funny. This is nothing more than another example of the breakdown of society. SAD, SAD, SAD. I'm sure the idiots that were filming this would have loved it if someone had been knifed or impaled with a chair leg.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Come on guys don't be such negative nancy's

Maybe I'm desensitized but some of you seem sheltered and overreactive. If this scares you, the real world is even scarier. You should visit it sometime and stop being so judgmental.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

- Clip from Idiocracy -
(The movie is worth the time it takes to watch it.)

Judgment is what stops you from walking into a wall. I highly suggest that you don't abandon the practice of good judgment. However, condemnation is certainly what we should be very slow to express.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If I was the restaurant owner I woulda locked them inside and made them empty all their bank accounts and pay for the damages. I woulda used a vehicle to jam the doors shut. Or at least make them all go to jail whoever participated in the fight.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No animals were hurt in this video , just worthless humans

Move along

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yeah, it's a shame that it got that out of hand.

I think the big dude screaming at them wearing the red vest type shirt works there too.

I don't want to speculate or seem like I'm stereotyping but restaurants in Chinatown have connections, especially in Montreal. Canada's Asian community sticks together from what I've seen and I have a feeling that some people will end up paying one way or another.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Good. I highly doubt that the Asians started it. Im tired of dancing around the subject. I see more and more of these riot videos and violence coming from black people than any other group. By far. You dont even need to read a thread anymore to know what happened.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm not sure where you live, but where I live all people are equally as good/bad as the other regardless of race, it's a mixed bag of chips really.

In this case, the only black person I saw was the waiter in the beginning who was defending the restaurant and the kid near the end who put the cam on hismself, in reality I'm white and darker than him, but then again we did not have the full view and there was obviously a lot going on out of sight.

There is a good chance the the fight was racially motivated, but I'm unsure who to blame because I just don't know what happened.

I'm guessing you live in an area where there is a high crime rate that is blamed on non whites?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I live in a very affluent area and white people here are actually the biggest dirt bags. I think I misspoke. I don't mean black people, I'm referring more to the thuggish folks that I keep seeing in videos like this usually coming from worldstarhiphop or whatever. I don't think it's a race thing ( as in I don't think someone's skin color dictates the way they act ) I do however think that it is becoming more and more acceptable in certain communities with a large number of black people to commit acts of violence in packs.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I am aware of this "thug mentality" you have mentioned. It is a shame that it has become so popular, it should be frowned upon. There is nothing worse than watching people act ignorant because of a character they saw in a rap video. I get disgusted when people think it's okay to beat women, promote drug use, brag about stealing and killing but the sad thing is that it's everywhere.

Mob rule has always existed, it's just now we have the Hollywood and the music industry helping poison our minds. I myself catch myself finding humor in things like this at times. I won't lie, I had a few laughs until I realized how much money the owner will be out, and that some people could have seriously been hurt.

Thanks for explaining though, I took your other post way out of context and thought you were slamming all black people. I was like ...

new topics

top topics

join