It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Scientists Use 'Time Hole' to Make Events Disappear

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CryptoFreak

welcome to ATS. you do realise your gonna have to start a thread when you hit 20 posts about what you've seen/done etc. i mean, after this post of yours people are going to want to know what you've been up to.
this is the right place to share your knowledge you know

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
welcome to ATS. you do realise your gonna have to start a thread when you hit 20 posts about what you've seen/done etc. i mean, after this post of yours people are going to want to know what you've been up to.
this is the right place to share your knowledge you know

I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Besides, I'm not here to brag or to puff myself up. I mentioned my connection only as a means to give background as to why I'd know such a thing. Aside from that, credibility is important to me. There are enough 'look at me, I'm ex government' folks out there with a bunch of weird, kookie, theories. I'm not sure I want to join that fray yet. lol

I might though. Depends on if anything interesting comes my way.

Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

oh that makes perfect sense.

Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket... and refracted the light from Venus.

Standard UFO disclaimer too.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Yes but if you can control light, then you can control time in a sense. The two are intrinsincly linked. Check out relativity.

Yes, I know. But the researchers do say it's all about 'perception' of reality, not reality itself.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
it’d take a machine 18,600 miles long to produce a time mask that lasts a single second.

Its a joke and elaborated title.
They have done nothing special, I think david blane or chris angel is ahead of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This information goes hand in hand with Dr. Michael Sallas and Alex Colliers claims that our human memory has been erased of an event that took place in 1930s that attempted to put us on a catastrophic timeline.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

There is a problem with what these scientists are doing. Not that it could used for evil but how can you implement such technology and "wipe out a whole village" if the village is already known before the time hole is made? Are you going to walk around and men in black people's brains to forget about this so called village?

Or are they hinting that they will go back in time and erase this village before it was made? This would mean they created a time machine and not a time hole.

Making events disappear is impossible. You will have a better chance at traveling faster than the speed of light. Unless of course you create a time machine.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I think I am beginning to understand it now. Man my 46 year old brain is getting rusty. I guess I need to start reading the science articles again. Over the last few years I've stopped and it seems like my ability to comprehend complicated subjects is going down the crapper!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

There is a problem with what these scientists are doing. Not that it could used for evil but how can you implement such technology and "wipe out a whole village" if the village is already known before the time hole is made? Are you going to walk around and men in black people's brains to forget about this so called village?

Or are they hinting that they will go back in time and erase this village before it was made? This would mean they created a time machine and not a time hole.

Making events disappear is impossible. You will have a better chance at traveling faster than the speed of light. Unless of course you create a time machine.

Just a thought.

No, what would happen would be that the village would be there one minute and gone the next. from an out side observer it would simply be there then gone as time catches up to the event. Although i dont see the point in flattening a village. What would most likely occur is if they wanted to wipe out a village they would simply hire some mercs and take them out. Why go to the trouble of using billion dollar tech and ludicrous amounts of power to take out a village. Seems redundant BUT regardless thats what would happen if they did. Based on the workings of the tech mentioned in the article.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DarknessMatters

No.. look around wired obviously isn't the only source for it, they are just reporting it.

Why is it so hard for you to believe. It's not really that mind blowing when you read it.
Give it about 50 or a 100 years and what they have done with the tech.. that will be mind blowing.

Also, Wired never said Obama went to Mars.. duh. They reported the story of two supposed "time travelers" that were telling the story and how it was denied. www.wired.com...
edit on 4-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

So present us with the source that wired,com used.

Also "a event" they could just as well be claiming that they hid the event of a neuron firing of.
Im doubtfull about the validity of the whole story.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Cool stuff, still i would prefer a better futuristic toaster.

But hey maybe one day when they get more knowledgeable on this type of stuff they can make the glasses from "they live" and then you all can say hi to all the weird cloaked creatures out there.

But technically there not making an event disappear. There just delaying it. It would take much more then that to make it phase from all knows senses and perceptions. And also you cant make a hole in time...Because you cant make a hole in something that does not exist.
..Though it is a very interesting and descriptive way of looking at it.

Kind of like a donut without the hole in the middle...I suppose then it would be a danish, which apparently is a whole different thing. But definitely not a donut.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

They could erase a whole village and use that forward amnesia stuff to make people forget either that it was erased, or that it had ever existed - depending on how the amnesia thing would work. Of course none of that is possible, but I can see the idea being attractive to people. If you can't go back in time and rewrite history, you can make things happen invisibly and if anyone asks you can make them forget they were ever worried about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DarknessMatters

No.. look around wired obviously isn't the only source for it, they are just reporting it.

Why is it so hard for you to believe. It's not really that mind blowing when you read it.
Give it about 50 or a 100 years and what they have done with the tech.. that will be mind blowing.

Also, Wired never said Obama went to Mars.. duh. They reported the story of two supposed "time travelers" that were telling the story and how it was denied. www.wired.com...
edit on 4-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

So present us with the source that wired,com used.

Also "a event" they could just as well be claiming that they hid the event of a neuron firing of.
Im doubtfull about the validity of the whole story.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

second page i already posted it.

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by DarknessMatters

Originally posted by J.Son79

Every major news outlet is reporting this. Foxnews, etc.

Any News report I've seen on TV about it, mentioned Wired as the source. So, I rest my case.

How about Nature Magazine to sate those burning questions then.

Demonstration of temporal cloaking

Recent research has uncovered a remarkable ability to manipulate and control electromagnetic fields to produce effects such as perfect imaging and spatial cloaking1, 2. To achieve spatial cloaking, the index of refraction is manipulated to flow light from a probe around an object in such a way that a ‘hole’ in space is created, and the object remains hidden3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14. Alternatively, it may be desirable to cloak the occurrence of an event over a finite time period, and the idea of temporal cloaking has been proposed in which the dispersion of the material is manipulated in time, producing a ‘time hole’ in the probe beam to hide the occurrence of the event from the observer15. This approach is based on accelerating the front part of a probe light beam and slowing down its rear part to create a well controlled temporal gap—

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The topic of this thread has the philadelphia experiment written all over it!

Somehow i believe they already know how to pull this off on a much larger scale. I reckon this announcement comes because they have perfected it, in order to keep up with moore's law they are releasing the underlying basic finds of the experiment's they conducted decades ago.

Seem's that they don't feel the need to keep this technology supressed anymore.

I could be completey wrong, just speculation.
edit on 6/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If they are working on this i wonder what else they are working on, imagine what we will be capable of in a thousand years time?

Still think ET isn't visiting skeptics ?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

If this little tidbit is just now released I bet dollars to donuts that they military is a little further ahead in this research than is admitted.

Indeed they are, I've seen pictures of a military car that can cloak. They also already have cloaking suits and alot of other things.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Nature gave humans this ability in the first place! Time is a physical substance and humans are on the cusp of breaking this event in microseconds through spiritual ethics. Look at where this energy is coming from! Technology is only a start but all humans must respond together for it to go further. The Beast is near!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Very intriguing information, definite fuel for my imagination!!

It does say that the event being masked would have to begin and end with some trillionths of a second.

What dize of an area does this mask? I couldn't make a skip in time, as there would never be a way to measure it, since even the scientists would be oblivious to the incident.

Anyway, I was thinking, what else operates within this isncredibly short period of time.

Light could probably go from point a to point b in the time frame, given the 2 points aren't too far away...

don't computers seem to be edvancing ehough that the most cutting edge computer technology could make calculations and produce answers in this period of time?

Maybe a computer would be used in conjunction with masking technology, making calculations and answers appear to have inexplicaby come into existence.

I am probably way off here, but tired and this is the impression I got from the OP read.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Either only like 5% of the people who posted actually read the article or people around here are more easily blown away than I thought. We're talking about a stream of light distorted for trillionths of a second in a tiny piece of fiber optic cable...and despite the OP's title and the language used in the cited article this has nothing to do with time travel or anything like that. It has to do with distorting our perceptions of light/photons as to render an object effectively invisible. This is cool to be sure, but this is an optics issue not a time travel thing, ok people?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join