It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loaded Question: What is the One True Religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I did not ask for a sermon, I was wondering how you interpret the verse in Mark to mean being tested.
I know there is another verse about a sacrifice being salted, but I think it was done to make it burn slower when they threw it on the fire, the idea being to make a smell that God was supposed to enjoy.
So you are saying by your interpretation that God tortures us in this life for His enjoyment.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by sacgamer25

I did not ask for a sermon, I was wondering how you interpret the verse in Mark to mean being tested.
I know there is another verse about a sacrifice being salted, but I think it was done to make it burn slower when they threw it on the fire, the idea being to make a smell that God was supposed to enjoy.
So you are saying by your interpretation that God tortures us in this life for His enjoyment.

No we torture ourselves. God did not make me do anything that caused me to feel like I had become disconnected from him. I had the choice to do what I did and I did it. No outside influence necessary. Why does this world torture some and not others, I don’t have the reason for that. But God does not torture anyone. It is his pleasure and enjoyment that we stop torturing both ourselves and each other. This is why he sent his one and only son, so that we may learn how to end the vicious torture that we place on ourselves and others. Unfortunately few people actually follow his son’s example so the torture continues. Do you think God sent his only son, allowing him to be crucified and resurrected so that we might continue to torture? I think crucifying the son of God is enough torture for all of mankind. You think we might be able to learn.

These two thoughts do not contradict. God allows us to be tested by sin. Our falling away and feeling of being disconnected is our punishment. It is self inflicted. So that we know that God is just he also tells us that those who have inflicted punishment on others, are not doing so by God and that they will be judged. In this way we can allow God to heal us from the sins inflicted on us by others.

But since we refuse to learn we continue to subject ourselves to torture. I answer questions completely I do not preach. I am not the high priest or the teacher.

edit on 8-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Although I appreciate you input and respect you faith,my intent has never been to find a one true religion,cause I know there is not one.
My intent was to discover what this community thought was the one true religion.
It would be ,you might say,a research into the mind of man and woman on what religion is.
I do not seek out an answer nor do I seek out god.
I seek out truth in understanding the ways of man.
Each one of us is shaped by how we are brought up in this world.
Some need more,to the need to seek answers,others are content with life as it has been dealt to them.
I am the latter of the bunch.

edit on 8-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I just had an eureka moment!

Religion is.............................

The false prophet that we were warned against,it was created by man,not by god.
Religion is that false idol.
That is what we were warned against,and do you see where it has led us across the globe?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Very interesting chart! There is some truth to all religions or if nothing else it is what the person choose to experience. I am not a fan of any kind of organized religion but to each their own. I have really can recall meeting anyone that believes the way I do but it does not bother me I know my own truth

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Interesting thread, kdog, missed it before!

In my opinion there is one "truth" among all 'religions' (excluding those intent on harming others)

The Golden Rule.

From ancient Babylon to today's Christian off-shoots and all 'religions' in between....it's the one thing they all agree on. And, in my experience, the only thing we need.

So, that's my "religion"....with lots of bits of oriental, occidental, neo-pagan, druidic, gnostic stuff mixed in....

peace to you, bro!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join