It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to improve toothbrushing efficency - GARGLE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
A thought experiment made me arrive at this simple way of improving the result of tooth brushing.

if you brush without throughly gargling with warm water then you are basically rubbing into the tooth all those food particles and various pathogens that are in the mouth and on the teeth.

think about it.

teeth like anything else are porous and have crevices ,nooks and crannies as well as various surface defects.

when you brush then you basically "painting in" these food particles and mouth bacteria through the brushing action.

if you don't believe me go outside put some glue or paint on a brick and and try to brush same paint or glue of a brick with a brush.

you will get the glue or paint of the brick but you will see some of the paint or glue actually adhering or penetrating the porous surface of the brick....this was an exaggerated example.

the point of the warm water gargle before brushing with vigorous gargling action is to reduce,remove and lessen the density of the pood particles and harmful pathogens and penetrate the nooks and crevices in between teeth also.

the water should be warm but not lukewarm.this will help to lessen the density of the above mentioned debris and help to reduce the adhesion of same to the tooth before brushing the tooth.

after brushing a warm water gargle will remove harmful toothpaste chemicals and further reduce pathogens.

it is best to half fill your mouth with warm water and indulge in loud and vigorous gargling for at least 30 seconds and ideally a minute before and after brushing.

it can also feel very pleasant with an afterglow effect in your mouth similar to an orgasm but not quite the same.

edit on 4-1-2012 by nobodysavedme because: clarity.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yea thats a good tip .

I would also add to brush in circles on your teeth , and then go the straight back and forth way ,

also through out the day just go into the bathroom and put some water in your mouth shake and spit , helps through out the day without brushing. Do this 5 10 times a day

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You're meant to use/gargle mouthwash after you brush, for the same sort of effect you are on about, but much more effective.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I would see the idea to rinse with warm water after but before, I don't really see the use since a mouth is already kinda hot to begin with.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Gargle, are you kidding? With all that flouride both in the toothpaste and water, you will become a zombie in no time if you keep that up... OP you work for TPTB?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Afterglow mouth orgasm is not quite the same as the real deal huh, learn something new everyday.

The main point of brushing is to break up the bacteria that create a biofilm on the teeth, not all bacteria can create a biofilm. Without that, bacteria couldn't adhere to teeth and would just slide off. As long as you do break that up, rinsing doesn't really matter but I don't know why you wouldn't considering the fluoride toothpaste most use.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You're meant to use/gargle mouthwash after you brush, for the same sort of effect you are on about, but much more effective.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Haha so you don't brush your teeth? They do make fluoride free toothpaste ya know.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I sometimes use baking soda ( aluminum free ) but I mostly use standard fluorided toothpaste...

Maybe if I stopped fluoride, I would become even crazier?!

edit on 5-1-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
reply to post by NeoVain

Haha so you don't brush your teeth? They do make fluoride free toothpaste ya know.

Yeah but they don´t make Flouride free water apparently. Besides i use flouride in toothpaste, however i don´t gargle as that will oxidize the fumes and send them up to your pineal gland through your nasal cavity and calcify it faster than you can say "oh snap!"

This whole thread is just a blatant attempt from someone at the TPTB to try to subcounsciously zombify large parts of ATS, or OP is just an ignoramus maximus.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Gargle, are you kidding? With all that flouride both in the toothpaste and water, you will become a zombie in no time if you keep that up... OP you work for TPTB?

i said gargle with water.gargle means ???

i never said mouthwash which contains chemicals which encourage antibiotic resistance.

gargling with fluoride water will not give you much fluoride.

gargling means taking some water swishing it an spitting it.

you can swallow it or spit it.

a dilemma some women face.should they swallow or spit?

i take it you must eat and drink and you must therefore ingest fluoride in any case as it present in most processed foods.

top topics

join