It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont Trust the Government and I dont Trust NO Cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

www.songlyrics.com...

Sometimes artist have the ability to really channel the mind of humans from around this world and put it together with great music. I feel this is a great example from an artist who seemingly fell off the map in the late 90s, Everlast.

Honestly, sometimes I make myself sick that I sit in front of this computer and complain about all the short comings of man and then do nothing about it. I make excuses up, but you know there are a million and one reasons not to do something. It depresses me to think about all the things I have compared to all the things others don't. And more so, the people who have live on acres and acres of land with a four person family that barely stays there.

But, music like this gives me a chance to realize that this is not ALL on me as sometimes I get wrapped up in. The music industry does a great job at repressing the revolutionary spirit in music, but its still alive and well. Thought I would share this piece with my like minded friends here on ATS.

This year may turn out to be nothing, but I highly doubt this year goes by without an event. And the event that I think we are all seeking is going to take a little ACTION from all of us. This could simply meaning spreading good will or speaking you mind on a subject and I hope you all take the time this year to do so. GO SPEAK YOUR MIND, it will make you better person in the long run.

Vive la Revolution! And keep the music going...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It's the bad lieutenant,
runnin up in your tenament plantin' evidence on any black resident
New York's largest crew, it's the Men in Blue
we stick together like glue and make lies come true
my name's Officer O'Maley,
I shoot you in the alley and burn you like a cross at a fkin' clan rally
I got spics sellin' nicks in the LES
I stay untouchable like my name's Eliot Ness
New York's finest, with a bullet-proof vest
I confiscate the chronic,
I let you keep the stress that is unless you wanna try and test
I'm D.T. undercover,
I lock up your mother
you're just another brother,
you ain't the mafia don
who the fk's payroll do you think that I'm on?

edit on 1/4/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

I like him too. This fits the theme too I think.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is my opinion on the subject

PARENTAL ADVISORY: If your a whiner don't play this video

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
People are sick and tired of being treated like dirt. Like a badge a gun give anyone the authority to abuse peaceful protestors. Its the gun and badge that create this idea of "authority" and its the gun and badge that will drive you further and further from what is morally correct.

Moral authority is never retained by any attempt to hold on to it. It comes without seeking and is retained without effort.
Mohandas Gandhi

Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people.
Thomas Jefferson

Those who enjoy responsibility usually get it; those who merely like exercising authority usually lose it.
Malcolm Forbes

Resistance can be peaceful.

new topics

top topics

join