It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Advice to See A UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunburnt
What makes it weirder, is every single night since ive returned and either got the pleasure of seeing the same ufo's in the exact same area, doing the exact same thing, but I also have witnessed two other non related ufo's since.

If you're seeing the same lights in the same area doing the same thing every night, the chances are they aren't ufos.

Are you sure you're not seeing planes headed toward you in a holding pattern? Maybe for Wilmington International Airport? That's what it looks like it could be from what I saw of the youtube video.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I envy you. You have lived in two of my favorite places on earth. I will say it is a bit disappointing that you have not had the good fortune to see a UFO (yet), but hey, maybe you will win the lottery and then you can adopt me...and my family, of course. I have an uneducated question about the aurora. I have only seen videos, and they always seem to be moving quite rapidly. Is that real time, sped up, or actual speed?

BTW, thanks for the moderating. I cringe every time I post these days because of the unseemly responses I see everywhere. Good luck keeping up.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunburnt

I am very sorry to hear about your family's response to your experience. I was also raised in a very conservative, Christian home, and in fact am a licensed and ordained minister with a ministry in music. I have never had a problem with the perceived duality of UFOs with aliens and a belief in God. I think it would be awful narrow minded of us to expect that God told us everything there is to know about His creation, and certainly a bit arrogant to automatically assume we are all there is. I can't even fully understand why a traditional view of faith and religion would ever necessarily exclude a belief in more wonderful (or possibly terrifying) other things out in the universe. Necessary inference cannot be applied, as far as I am concerned.

By the way, I want to encourage you to not give up your faith, however developed you have accepted it to be. Someone earlier mentioned that any one of us could be the one who brings "proof" of UFOs to the world some day, and I personally think it would be a special bonus if it were to be someone who also believes in God as well.

Congrats on your experience, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Your input is appreciated, but it leads me to a quick question with a caveat.
Caveat: I have always had trouble believing in true abductions, but I remain open to the idea

Question: I see repeatedly that abductions number in the gazillions each and every year. I have a BIG problem with that, especially when someone wants to blame every missing person on UFO abduction. However, if abductions really have continued wouldn't it make sense that the abductors have become more subtle and less overt? In other words, could they have just got better at not advertising or even returning their "prey" at all? I know they wouldn't necessarily need to hide anything from us lowly humans, but would this be plausible?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
As a lifelong boat captain, I have seen lots of UFOs. Mainly because, I was looking.

When was the last time you went outside and just looked up at the sky for hours on end? I'm guessing, not often. On a boat, you do it ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT. There is nothing else to look at, and once you are away from the light pollution of the land you see a lot more stars, so tend to look even more.

I've seen loads of satellites, rockets, military test stuff, all kinds of things. I know the difference. There are some that are definite UFOs.

My advice, get a boat. Go to the Bahamas for weeks on end, and just look.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I envy you. You have lived in two of my favorite places on earth. I will say it is a bit disappointing that you have not had the good fortune to see a UFO (yet), but hey, maybe you will win the lottery and then you can adopt me...and my family, of course. I have an uneducated question about the aurora. I have only seen videos, and they always seem to be moving quite rapidly. Is that real time, sped up, or actual speed?

BTW, thanks for the moderating. I cringe every time I post these days because of the unseemly responses I see everywhere. Good luck keeping up.

eek. im sorry i meant...NORTHERN LIGHTS (my personal photo)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
As a lifelong boat captain, I have seen lots of UFOs. Mainly because, I was looking.

When was the last time you went outside and just looked up at the sky for hours on end? I'm guessing, not often. On a boat, you do it ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT. There is nothing else to look at, and once you are away from the light pollution of the land you see a lot more stars, so tend to look even more.

I've seen loads of satellites, rockets, military test stuff, all kinds of things. I know the difference. There are some that are definite UFOs.

My advice, get a boat. Go to the Bahamas for weeks on end, and just look.

You are wrong. I do it often as I said earlier. Ive lived in some of the best viewing areas....and spend a lot of times outdoors....I live in a place right now, super high elevation and ZERO noise pollution.....

But I suppose even that is not enough.......

I get tired of the comments "well you must not look up enough". That is BS. Tons of people look up more now than ever............and still never see anything unidentifiable.....guess it sucks to be us

edit on January 4th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have seen many UFOs & on occasion communication as well, including some with witnesses.
The best time for us was the "Witching Hours" as we called it, between 3am to 5 am due to less air traffic.
I've seen them during the day, 7:00 pm, 9:20 pm & many different times of the night.
Sorry I don't have time to go t detail at the moment, early work day.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I posted my experience then erased it . Will explain why . It just doesn't seem relevant anymore with all the posturing of troops going on and the info I just received . Call it like being flat lined . If you do see one , all the best and how ever your going to relate to it . Will be back on the sidelines as a reader not a lurker as some confess to be . Later .
edit on 4-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Tons of people look up more now than ever............and still never see anything unidentifiable.....guess it sucks to be us

many people look at Moon anomalies... some see objects, some see nothing but rocks
NASA told us we were nuts, but now they tell us we should be checking photos for alien objects on the moon

Perhaps some people are not meant to see

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If you want to see UFOs then just go outside, look up, and suspend your rational thinking for a bit.

If you want to see ships/vessels, that gets trickier. As others have said, hang out around "secret" military installations if you want to see our secret squirrel ships.

If you want to see those 5-ish% visitor's ships/vessels (as Zorgon mentioned), and perhaps have a talk with them then try this technique (www.abovetopsecret.com...). It worked for me and others, quite well. It may increase your odds, too. If you make contact I can almost assure you they will show up soon after to say hello.

Oh yeah, they hang out and fly over cities often. Light pollution is a major problem if you're trying to look for UFOs, but not if you're looking for ships.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
]

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
eek. im sorry i meant...NORTHERN LIGHTS (my personal photo)

TY for sharing your photo. Was hoping you would post a pic you took. Being down here in the desert, we're not too inclined to see the auroras. Maybe someday I'll travel way north to witness them myself. (the one time I was in Copenhagen, there weren't any...my luck).

Just to add to the conversation though, I am a very active photographer. Was up shooting the Quadrantid meteor shower yesterday morning....1:10am....in freezing temps in the mountains north of Tucson. Sky was crystal clear, but no odd anomalies or UFOs.

edit on 5-1-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think they notify you if they want to be seen by you , You first have to believe in them , and also I think you have to except them , Then one day they notify that they are around and let you look in the right direction. Thats how it happened to me multiple times.

good luck

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I have a question. Assuming you were on the open seas for some of your sightings, isn't that a bit frightening at times? At least on land you have some ability to get out of sight if you feel it necessary, but a zillion miles from shore there is no such "rabbit hole". Or did you consider the UFOs nothing but unidentified but not necessarily dangerous or extraterrestrial?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Ive always had some pretty good luck at the beach during the off season.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join