It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gross predicts "paranormal" market activity in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I know Gross, er, grossly underestimated treasury performance last year and made a royal stuff up on his investment strategy, and probably why he's come out with this rather strange prediction. Have a read of this unusual analogy of the global and financial environments. Investors in PIMCO perhaps should be questioning the mindset of this CEO, though who knows, maybe his comments are just the honest outlook of what many CEOs also feel, but rather just keep quiet. His analogy as strange as it seems does make some sense.

Gross predicts "paranormal" market activity in 2012

Bill Gross, the manager of the world's largest bond fund, is sounding like a Wall Street ghost-hunter in his latest investment letter.

Calling the current market environment "paranormal," Gross said this year will be characterized by "credit and zero-bound interest rate risk" and less incentives for lenders to extend credit.

"It's as if the Earth now has two moons instead of one and both are growing in size like a cancerous tumor that may threaten the financial tides, oceans and economic life as we have known it for the past half century," Gross said in an investment letter released on PIMCO's website on Wednesday. "Welcome to 2012."

In the letter, Gross said "paranormal" was a more fitting description for the current economic environment than the phrase "New Normal," coined several years ago by his chief co-investment officer Mohamed El-Erian to describe a world of low-growth and high unemployment. This year, Gross argues that process will get messier.

"We are left with zero-bound yields and creditors that trust no one and very few countries. The financial markets are slowly imploding - delevering - because there's too much paper and too little trust," he said.

Those factors may lead financial markets to experience "the fat-left-tailed possibility of unforeseen - delevering - or the fat-right-tailed possibility of central bank inflationary expansion."

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I have a solution to markets entirely...

Get rid of the need for money. Money is an accounting tool, representing meaningful energy expended. Add abundant free energy and money (and markets) becomes moot.

Electrogravitics, a science hidden for over 50 year in black ops, is a means for creating abundant free energy (the reason it has been hidden). If We spread awareness of the tech to the tipping point, We can demand its release.

For more details see My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

..Why would we need energy if we had no money? Are you going to stand in a factory making big screen TV's for 12hrs a day all for a bowl of soup and a mud wattle hovel?

I won't. I'll sit on my rump and watch the free TV and laugh at the idiots working for nothing.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Everyone wins or No one wins. Its just the way it will be....no one can stop it. I dont care how powerful they think they are.

Sincerely,

11 Consultants 11
A Metatron Corp.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

When the leader of the worlds biggest bond fund sounds a little crazy it is time to wake up. The system can not and will not continue like this for very long.

How can every country be failing all at the same time? Were did all of this wealth go to?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Amaterasu

..Why would we need energy if we had no money? Are you going to stand in a factory making big screen TV's for 12hrs a day all for a bowl of soup and a mud wattle hovel?

I think robots can do the making of big screen TV's. And robots will work 24/7 without even "a bowl of soup and a mud wattle hovel." And big screen TV's can be made by any whose bliss it is to make big screen TV's (not many, I think...)

I won't. I'll sit on my rump and watch the free TV and laugh at the idiots working for nothing.

I would be traveling and creating, Myself. And the only "idiots" working will be working because it is Their bliss, being paid in appreciation, name recognition, gratefulness, and Self satisfaction (think Linux, if You doubt People would work for these payments). You just aren't seeing it, are You, Rock? Robots for any job no One wants to do. ALL of Us with all the food We want, and the houses We choose (which will float in the sky for many of Us, with the gravity control of electrogravitics).

Products made to last, rather than made cheaply so as to break and require another purchase - to make a profit. How much waste can We be rid of in making just THAT change?

Food distributed by need and not profit - the hundreds of thousands of TONS of food a MONTH supermarkets throw out now will be eaten when it's fresh and People will not go hungry.

There is so much more.

On topic, markets will be defined by solving problems and Betterment, not money and profit.

edit on 1/5/2012 by Amaterasu because: typo

new topics

top topics

join