It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MSM Onslaught has begun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It took me a day to think about this, and how interesting it is. Though I did some observations on ATS, I can see that phase 1 of the MSM Onslaught has already taken casualties. Honestly people do believe the IOWA caucus was rigged well it was meant to discourage Ron Paul supporters. Everyone knows that great comebacks only happen in sports, and Santorum being at the far end of the sewer makes a surprise photo finish with Romney is the most far-fetched thing I have ever witnessed in politics. What a load of crap literally.

I know that a lot of Ron Paul supporters are scratching their heads thinking that it’s probably over for Ron Paul, but the fact of the matter is he is possibly still in this race, but the media will not say otherwise. This will be a test of mental strength of those who are strong and want a change for good. The people vs. MSM is now in effect, all you have to do is don’t buy the BS that the MSM will be feeding our brains for these last few months before election day. It is going to be a disconcerting journey for most, but in the end we will prosper.

Stay mentally strong my friends, and don’t be discouraged. If you support Ron Paul then continue to do so. The main objective of the media is to totally make it seem like Ron Paul has no chance what so ever. So the people who supported him will move onto another candidate, and we need those strong intelligent people to continue supporting Ron Paul, and not someone else, that’s what they want us to do. The MSM is not our friend, it’s our enemy. The people will rise above so stay motivated, stay vigilant, and dismiss all the negativity and everything the mainstream media is saying. We cannot let them win again.

Waiting for all the vultures to attack my thread, and rip it out of context...

edit on 4-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: grammar

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Good message. S&F.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ron Paul is fine. The people cannot possibly see passed him. He fighta for YOU. He unserstanda that the system is dynamic and servea the people, it is not simply citizens serving a system that favor of greed and policies that turn our country into a super giant star conauming itself quickly into oblivion. Be like the Sun and persist!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

The Iowa caucuses are notorious for not picking the eventual party nominee. Most exceptions are those who ran unopposed.

Republicans
2008 – Mike Huckabee (34%), Mitt Romney (25%), Fred Thompson (13%), John McCain (13%), Ron Paul (10%), Rudy Giuliani (4%), and Duncan Hunter (1%)
2004 – George W. Bush (unopposed)
2000 – George W. Bush (41%), Steve Forbes (31%), Alan Keyes (14%), Gary Bauer (9%), John McCain (5%), and Orrin Hatch (1%)
1996 – Bob Dole (26%), Pat Buchanan (23%), Lamar Alexander (18%), Steve Forbes (10%), Phil Gramm (9%), Alan Keyes (7%), Richard Lugar (4%), and Morry Taylor (1%)
1992 – George H. W. Bush (unopposed)
1988 – Bob Dole (37%), Pat Robertson (25%), George H. W. Bush (19%), Jack Kemp (11%), and Pete DuPont (7%) 1984 – Ronald Reagan (unopposed)
1980 – George H. W. Bush (32%), Ronald Reagan (30%), Howard Baker (15%), John Connally (9%), Phil Crane (7%), John B. Anderson (4%), and Bob Dole (2%)
1976 – Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan

en.wikipedia.org...

What they do accomplish is give both media and political pundits the only "fresh" material in a 24 hour MSM "news" cycle. Winners garner attention - like a young friend of mine who asked "Who the h*ll is Rick Santorum" and may convert that to fundraising opportunities (sorry Rick - really don't think this is gonna apply to you).

What I believe the official results will do, however, is give the MSM a boost up on their ignore Ron Paul strategy.
edit on 1/4/2012 by Open2Truth because: format error

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The MSM is the enemy ? No, you find the owners of Reuters and the Ass.Press. That is the start of realising who
the enemy is. Include most of who is running this gov.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

What I believe the official results will do, however, is give the MSM a boost up on their ignore Ron Paul strategy.

That is why we counter back and ignore what MSM has to say, and not take anything they say seriously.. This will be a long grueling sparring match, and since this will be a test of mental strength and endurance the winner won't be announced until the 12th and final round.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

MSM is a gateway to our Government. Without mainstream media who will do the reporting on the Government? Independent NEWS? MSM is just as at fault then our corrupt Government. Why because they continue to feed our minds with poison.
edit on 4-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I Just watched The Daily Show about the results, very disappointing he put RP away in the racist corner again.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Yeah seems like the attacks are becoming more flagrant, but that is what this thread is about. We will see plenty more where that came from.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

for those who have chosen paul already its gonna take him personally doing something very far fetched or unethical to change opinion of him, the news holds sway over nothing, they attempt to make their voices THE voice of america, they try so hard too. we have already accepted ron-paul is going to be discredited in the news. those who look to network cable news for information on politics are not of relevance anymore as they are the minority, and in time it will show the truly authentic support for ron paul will be far more valuable than anything any candidate being postured by the media will receive.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here is a video that is relevant to this thread...

Prestige-F### The Media

^^Vulgar title so I had to outsource the link instead of imbedding it...Graphic language (viewer discretion is advised)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89

for those who have chosen paul already its gonna take him personally doing something very far fetched or unethical to change opinion of him, the news holds sway over nothing, they attempt to make their voices THE voice of america, they try so hard too. we have already accepted ron-paul is going to be discredited in the news. those who look to network cable news for information on politics are not of relevance anymore as they are the minority, and in time it will show the truly authentic support for ron paul will be far more valuable than anything any candidate being postured by the media will receive.

You are totally dreaming. Ask some people in the street, not on ATS, what they think, and you will find out the reality. Most of them won't even know who Ron Paul is.

Besides, he is just "controlled opposition". Otherwise he wouldn't even be allowed to do anything. He gives all those like us the fanciful idea that there is actually some hope of changing the corrupt system we are all in thrall to. Ain't gonna happen.

Well, ain't gonna happen by voting. Voting with lead, maybe.

new topics

top topics

join