It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Shows Anti-Christian, Pro-Muslim Bias in Textbooks / what are your kids learning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Daedal

Why is any religious belief in a textbook.

We are a secular government.

The only fight should be for NO Religion.

No. No where in the US constitution does it say we are a "Secular Government", that is a line repeated by the "atheist minority". There is though a reference stating Congress can't interfere with religion. But religion can interfere with government.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
reply to post by Annee

Just because a religious group or organization disputes this doesn't make it less valid.

IMO - - its as valid as Christians trying to keep Harry Potter out of school libraries.

Christians do not own this country - - they just think they do. We've come a long way since I was in school in the 50s - - breaking the Christian stranglehold.

Current textbooks are probably showing a more authentic reality.

Oh Good Onya Anee.
Breaking the Christian stranglehold of the 50s. Kudos for that. Lucky you princess. Now your pretty little country is out of the dark ages and living on beer and skittles.
Oh to be a Yank?
Of all the places on earth to be right now the US is not one of them. Go read the threads about your country on ATS and see the whirlwind you have reaped.
For mine I recon most from the US would prefer the US in the 50s to living there now.

You know I use to see a lot of ads for "green cards" on the net a few years ago, dont see any now days.
Sincerely all the best with the future love, I mean that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

It was amazing how many times the word 'Palestine' was used, making it sound like Israel was built on top of a conquered country," he said.

Maybe because it was? That was never in dispute and still isn't, what is in dispute is who has the "legal" claim to the land, Israel (Hebrews) who lost it in a war thousands of years ago, or the Palestinians who list it in 1967.

Now, without actually READING the text that is being complained about, the complaint to me is ridiculous. What do you want to teach the children? The reality of the situation, or do you want them brainwashed into thinking all Muslims are bloodthirsty terrorists.

Religion has no place in schools. Teaching the ACTUAL history does. Radical Muslims DO seem themselves as freedom fighters opposing western imperialism, it's all of the radical sects damn credo.

I suppose they Christian groups would rather whitewash history and indoctrinate the kids early, so I'm not surprised they'd complain.

If you take no steps to understand your "enemy" you will never conquer or convert them.

It really is that simple.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

Thanks for breaking that down for those of us who couldn't follow the links. Just as I suspected, the problem isn't an anti-israel bias, it's a bias towards FACT and REASON and HISTORY.

no wonder the xenophobes have a problem with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

No. No where in the US constitution does it say we are a "Secular Government", that is a line repeated by the "atheist minority". There is though a reference stating Congress can't interfere with religion. But religion can interfere with government.

No, it says this exactly:

The First Amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...."

Source

Which clearly indicates that the government will not favor 1 religion over another, and will not prohibit the exercise there of.

Meaning.... If you want Christian content in schools, you have to include Mulsim, Jewish, and arguably, Hindu content as well.

This is why the white house has a Christmas tree AND a menorah. Those are the two main religions within the US so those are the two that get catered to the most. Islam is fast growing in numbers and should also be examined.

Without an understanding of history, and where people are coming from, we are doomed to repeat the same cycles.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Daedal

It was amazing how many times the word 'Palestine' was used, making it sound like Israel was built on top of a conquered country," he said.

Maybe because it was? That was never in dispute and still isn't, what is in dispute is who has the "legal" claim to the land, Israel (Hebrews) who lost it in a war thousands of years ago, or the Palestinians who list it in 1967.

I was wondering when someone was going to quote that. That right there destroys any and all credibility these reports have. It may not have been built/founded/installed/legalized on a recognized country, but you can easily see the bias, as if saying "there was nothing there before so it's a non issue"

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I suppose the truth is biased against Christianity, that's the problem.

These groups sound like typical Zionists

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

Why is any religious belief in a textbook.
We are a secular government.
The only fight should be for NO Religion.

These past two generations have been indoctrinated that the Bible is a "fable".
Why? So this sort of stuff can happen. If for five minutes you could believe in the God of Heaven, you would understand why and how you were convinced to accept this situation.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn

The religion of atheism is as much a religion as any other. Why else would any one raise such a stink over something that does not exist? Athiest are just as adamant as any other religion and usually more vocal in forcing their beliefs, as I previosly noted.

No its not.

Lack of belief is not belief.

Done. Bye.

Im sorry, while I agree with your standpoints in your posts in this thread, I do not agree with this post. Atheism is not a lack of belief. It is illogical to call it a lack of belief. You see, a belief is something one believes in, and if one believes that nothing exists, it is still a belief. If one believes that there is many gods, it is a belief; one god? Still a belief.

That being said, I agree that Atheism is not a religion. It may be fanatical in some cases like relectantpawn stated; but fanatical is not what defines religion. People are fanatical about football, yet do not bow down and say their prayers to the CEO of the NFL. There is no cannons or sacred texts to follow, and there is no lessons learned.

As for myself, Im a Universalist (which is kinda like agnosticism, but with more theory).

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A "Report" from the Christian Action Network is a joke - just as their "report" that there were 35 terrorist training camps in the US.

Christian Action Network fabricates these reports to crusade against homosexuals and Muslims. The CAN film Homegrown Jihad: The Terrorist Camps Around the U.S., CBS reported US officials described the film as "sensationalistic" and without any real foundation: According to one official, it is strictly designed to upset and inflame people and does not present a true picture of any so-called “homegrown Jihad” danger.
(from Wikispooks.com)

The same can be said about this bogus claim by CAN and CFN about a "pro-Muslim" bias in text books. It, like this thread topic, is strictly designed to upset and inflame people.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Daedal

So nice to see that someone else in this thread actually read the text and has objective reasoning skills. It would seem that people would much rather jump at anyone's claim that those brown people are out for their country again, and break out their pitchfork without putting any of their own research into it. You're spot on, mate

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
When people on this forum are as adamantly anti religion when it comes to ALL religions, then I will believe there are not those that are just biased towards Christianity.

Why is that?, yes, yes, a thousand times times, yes, we know the arguments, the crusade against Christianity has been going on for years now, on line, the crusades this,yada, yada, the inquisition that, yada, yada,

Christianity has evolved for the most part, however some religions still remain in question.

Tell me why some of you single out Christianity?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
reply to post by facelift

At least the uppity inbreed know history.
poll Pot was not a Christian.
Stalin was not a Christian.
Lenin was not a Christian.
Mao was not a Christian.
Ghengis khan was not a Christian.
Hitler did claim to be a Christian.
The Ceasars were not Christian.

Amin was not a Christian.

Hussein was not a Christian.
Mohammad was not a Christian.
Please name for me a Christian that has practiced such atrocities.
We have the catholic church and the inquisition that are attributed to Christianity but neither were supported by mainstream Christians.

Come on,really? Catholics not Mainstream Christians?
That'll be news to the billion of them.
That Irish potato famine helped by the Protestants
wasn't pretty. Not to mention all that Protestant vs
Catholic trouble the years from the 1600 till late 1800's.
How about Muslim slaughter during the crusades?
And since Catholics are Christians,
pick any pope you like until the 20th century.
Or how about the Conquistadors and missionaries ?
The had to take breaks from slaughtering the Mayan
because their arms got tired. No joke.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
A "Report" from the Christian Action Network is a joke - just as their "report" that there were 35 terrorist training camps in the US.

Christian Action Network fabricates these reports to crusade against homosexuals and Muslims. The CAN film Homegrown Jihad: The Terrorist Camps Around the U.S., CBS reported US officials described the film as "sensationalistic" and without any real foundation: According to one official, it is strictly designed to upset and inflame people and does not present a true picture of any so-called “homegrown Jihad” danger.
(from Wikispooks.com)

The same can be said about this bogus claim by CAN and CFN about a "pro-Muslim" bias in text books. It, like this thread topic, is strictly designed to upset and inflame people.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

It's easy to copy and paste someone else's words, so can you provide any evidence of the CBS report or the official who said it's designed to upset people?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The link below is admission from our own government of what they teach in Islamic schools in America..and to believe this same agenda isn't leaking into everyday school room classes through subtley would be naive.

Source

WASHINGTON—Last fall, the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom asked the U.S. Department of State to secure the release of all Arabic-language textbooks used at a Saudi government school in Northern Virginia, the Islamic Saudi Academy (ISA). The Commission took this action in order to ensure that the books be publicly examined to determine whether the texts used at the ISA promote violence, discrimination, or intolerance based on religion or belief. The ISA is unlike any conventional private or parochial school in the United States in that it is operated by a foreign government and uses that government’s official texts. It falls under the Commission’s mandate to monitor the actions of foreign governments in relation to religious freedom. The government of Saudi Arabia, as a member of the international community, is committed to upholding international standards, including the obligation not to promote violence, intolerance, or hate.

Notice the last few words, one being intolerance...well guess what, the OIC has accomplished just that, along with the Obama Administration and the State Dept with the help of Hillary Clinton. Now they promote the exact opposite using the United Nations Resolution 16 / 18.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Here's some more relevant information about the terrorist networks inside the US..

Abovetopsecret.com

Abovetopsecret.com

Abovetopsecret.com

Abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

(from Wikispooks.com)

It's easy to copy and paste someone else's words, so can you provide any evidence of the CBS report or the official who said it's designed to upset people?

Thanks

What's wrong with the link I provided? It's spells it all out, and you even copied it in your quoted reply. But here it is, again:

"Homegrown Jihad" Documentary Trailer

Officials describe the film to CBS News as "sensationalistic" and without any real foundation. According to one official, it is strictly designed to upset and inflame people and does not present a true picture of any so-called "homegrown Jihad" danger. No current intelligence exists to suggest any threat connected with this group, which officials describe as "wannabes" and not terrorists.

The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI are aware of the movie and have no plans at this time to issue any new alerts or bulletins.

"Sensationalistic" and without any real foundation.

Designed to upset and inflame people.

Does not present a true picture of any so-called "homegrown Jihad" danger.

All valid phrases I would also use to describe this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

these flawed teachings

who are you to say something like that?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Okay, I wasn't aware that you used content from the actual referred source from another thread, my apologies...apparently you are ill - informed of what is happening...do you need more source material, possibly from the FBI or some other agency to validate this? Did you view the sources I posted in my last response?

edit on 5-1-2012 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

What on earth are you talking about? I'm quoting one paragraph directly from the source I linked to. I even spelled it out for you. You seem to be grasping at straws here.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join