It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Shows Anti-Christian, Pro-Muslim Bias in Textbooks / what are your kids learning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykenzie
So Hitler doesn't count because you don't want him to be aligned with Christianity, neither do the atrocities by the Catholic Church. I imagine the Spanish Inquisition doesn't count in your mind either? Or the indiginous Americans slaughtered by the Christian Europeans?
\
Naw, those don't count. Only the good Christians count as Christians, but the bad ___(insert other religion here) do count as a perfect representation of their religion regardless of whether the rest of the population of said religion agreed with those actions.

Makes sense!

WAIT FOR ITt: those are not true Christians. Just because someone claims they are Christian does not make them a Christian.

Christianity is about Love. If you don't behave like a Christian - you are not Christian.

Did I leave anything out?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

This topic is not the only one in regards to stealth being used to obfuscate the truth.

In addition to discussion please read these:

abovetopsecret.com

abovetopsecret.com

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: added source

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No Hitler doesn't count as he was a known occultist and was not a Christian.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn

No Hitler doesn't count as he was a known occultist and was not a Christian.

You're wrong.

There are many writings by Hitler that speaks of God.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

WAIT FOR ITt: those are not true Christians. Just because someone claims they are Christian does not make them a Christian.

Christianity is about Love. If you don't behave like a Christian - you are not Christian.

Did I leave anything out?

No, I understand that. I honestly do get the concept. What I don't get is writing out a long list of non-Christians who were contributed to genocidal plans/events, then asking people to "Name one Christian who carried out such atrocities!" and then when I do, to say that they don't count because if they do those actions, they aren't real Christians. Then why ask?
edit on 4-1-2012 by ladykenzie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

What I don't get is writing out a long list of non-Christians who were contributed to genocidal plans/events, then asking people to "Name one Christian who carried out such atrocities!" and then when I do, to say that they don't count because if they do those actions, they aren't real Christians. Then why ask?

Oh trust me - I know.

I grew up Christian. But that's over - thank God.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The obliteration of the native Americans may or may not be attributed to Christianity. It may just as much be attributed to racial bigotry. Without a doubt many have died due to the misunderstood tenants of Christianity, but not nearly so many as you led us to believe in your post. As I have posted names of individuals that have committed murder on millions if not upwards of over 100 million people, most of which claimed to be athiestic (other than Mohammad), we could use your feasibly to claim that atheist are the most savage murderous people to have ever existed

It might even be said that more people have died defending their faith than by persecuting others. To this day there are countries where merely claiming to be a Christian brings about a death sentence, Saudi Arabia for one. Can you name me a Christian nation that puts others to death for their religious beliefs as a rule of law?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The obliteration of the native Americans may or may not be attributed to Christianity. It may just as much be attributed to racial bigotry.

You completely skirted the point. You weren't asking for examples of Christians who commited atrocities in the name of their religion, you just asked for Christians who commited atrocities.
By your own logic, the slaughtering of millions of Native Americans should count just as much as your examples of Stalin or Lenin, as their killings weren't in the name of religion either.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You claimed in your post that "most atrocities" can be contributed to Christianity. I only ask you to back up your claims with fact. I have listed those non-Christian personas that have committed some of the most horendous atrocities ever committed. I have also allowed that the name of Christianity has been abused by those with an agenda. I only Ask that you name the instigators of these atrocities that you claim have happened. Let's then compare those killed by Christians to those listed by me.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The obliteration of the native Americans may or may not be attributed to Christianity.

I studied the history of Native Americans in college.

Why don't you go research the original Christians that came here for religious freedom. Did you know they were practically thrown out of their own country because of their radical extremism?

It was good riddance - - - don't let the gangplank smack you in the ass on your way to America.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So this thread was specifically about the review of one textbook in question, and specific examples were given, and the debate was whether the examples did indeed show a bias favoring Islam over Christianity, and you're using this as an opportunity to talk about how atheists are the worst people on the planet and basically genocidal by nature.

As worthwhile as such an argument is, I'll respectfully take my leave now.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So this thread was specifically about the review of one textbook in question, and specific examples were given, and the debate was whether the examples did indeed show a bias favoring Islam over Christianity, and you're using this as an opportunity to talk about how atheists are the worst people on the planet and basically genocidal by nature.

Well that sucks because I was waiting for a response...farewell.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The religion of atheism is as much a religion as any other. Why else would any one raise such a stink over something that does not exist? Athiest are just as adamant as any other religion and usually more vocal in forcing their beliefs, as I previosly noted.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

. . . and you're using this as an opportunity to talk about how atheists are the worst people on the planet and basically genocidal by nature.

Oh goody - I missed that part.

I'm an Atheist - - - right behind you Lady.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The religion of atheism is as much a religion as any other. Why else would any one raise such a stink over something that does not exist? Athiest are just as adamant as any other religion and usually more vocal in forcing their beliefs, as I previosly noted.

Although you have a good question, please stay relevant to the topic.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

No its not.

Lack of belief is not belief.

Done. Bye.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You claimed in your post that "most atrocities" can be contributed to Christianity. I only ask you to back up your claims with fact. I have listed those non-Christian personas that have committed some of the most horendous atrocities ever committed. I have also allowed that the name of Christianity has been abused by those with an agenda. I only Ask that you name the instigators of these atrocities that you claim have happened. Let's then compare those killed by Christians to those listed by me.

I am really hoping that this wasn't a reply to me, and if it was, I would like to respectfully request that you go back and read my posts. I NEVER said that "most atrocities can be contributed to Christianty" -- nor would I say such a thing. I wouldn't say it about Christiany, or atheism, or Islam, or Judaism. I don't attach tragically evil actions by a person to their claimed religion as WHOLE. I don't generalize entire religions by what a few bad apples to. All I have been saying is that "evil" people can wear the mask of any religion or race, including but not especially Christianity.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

It's okay to brainwash kids with Christian beliefs, but now there's mention of other religions it's suddenly a problem?

Either teach kids everything or remove religion from schools entirely. Christians will just be pissed that they're not the only ones with access to impressionable young minds now.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That explains alot. You studied it in college so you must know what you are talking about. I can directly follow my ancestry to Victorio (an Apache leader). I can follow my people through the incarceration at
St Augustine Fla. You claim that the native Americans were killed by Christians and their quest for religious conquest but offer up no proof. I believe yo are spouting off at the mouth and only know what you were taught. Have you studied the missionaries(non catholic) that went out to the tribes and brought agriculture medicine and education to these same people?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I apologize for the misquote. That quote should have been attributed to face-lift

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join