It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf Believed to be First in California in 80 Years is Apparently Photographed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, I see that you want to accept the world as it is... But, IMO, this would also mean accepting that humans are trying to fix what we broke in our collective ignorance.

We broke it in Ignorance...and we attempt to fix it in Ignorance. The end result is nothing short of doubling down on stupid. First in sheer unintentional brutality toward other species...and then by well intentioned but equally destructive do-gooder deeds to do something about the guilt some just have to find new ways to experience over events that occurred decades or more before any one of us was even born.

We are kinda talking past each other though..and I don't see that changing at this point. Particularly when we're now down to going to overwhelming generalities from addressing what started as a VERY specific topic, on one species and the problems and issues related to that ONE species in ONE region on our little rock.

If you'd like to open this to every problem, crisis, threat and wrong on Earth by man...I'm out. I thought it was strictly about the forced re-introduction of an Apex Predator species into the eco-system. It's been good having the chat though...and in 5-10 years we can come back and look at this again. By then, you'll have been proven right by nature finding a balance and Wolves integrating with no real issues or problems to other animals among nature, or they will be a destructive force by their very nature and numbers. I know which I'm voting for.... Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess you're just trying to find something to argue about? I don't get it, I agreed with you!

Just because I see it from another perspective doesn't mean I don't understand what you're talking about.

I don't think I used generalizations other than "humans". Would you like me to specify that I was talking about we humans [trying to fix things] who are descendants of humans who broke things by invading the natural habitat of the wild animals and other humans who were most recently considered as indigenous species in the wilderness that is now known as California?

I also specifically was talking about reintroduction of species into the same forests of the same region of the US. So... where are the generalizations coming in? I am thinking you misinterpreted what I was talking about.

At any rate, I agree, these reintroduced species will either thrive or die out.

What I'm saying is that we cannot change that they have already been reintroduced to the forests, whether this is a good or bad thing will always be debatable.

Anyway, it is one lone wolf. All this is speculative at best.
edit on 1/5/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Err.... I write this as much to others on the thread as the OP. I broke my own 1st Commandment in taking bait and being a part of a running fight across a thread. Bad Wrabbit....

My apologies...and I definitely wish everyone well on this topic as I take my leave. I shall be more careful about not getting drawn in. (hops off to consider things for awhile)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Err.... I write this as much to others on the thread as the OP. I broke my own 1st Commandment in taking bait and being a part of a running fight across a thread. Bad Wrabbit....

My apologies...and I definitely wish everyone well on this topic as I take my leave. I shall be more careful about not getting drawn in. (hops off to consider things for awhile)

I'm sorry, Wrabbit! I am a lone wolf at heart. :-/ I wasn't going to eat you!

*tosses some carrots after you as you hop away into oblivion*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join