It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are political audiences paid off?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Today I was watching Obama talk about how much we need a bigger government and more regulations blah blah blah. And all the people were nodding and agreeing with him.

So I was just wondering if those people or at least the ones near the cameras were actually paid off. I am having a hard time trying to find anybody who supports Obama today. How does he get a whole crowd?
edit on 4-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Whilst i find it hard to beleive they could amass a huge crowd without info leaking out,i mean if your were getting paid to go to a rally to support a candidate im sure others would want a slice,people would ask questions,i beleive someone would gain knowledge of it happening,granted i believe this can,does and will happens,perhaps just not on a large scale but i think they could easily place a few shouty-cheery types in just to kiss a**

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sadly, no, they are not paid. These people are your die-hard, republican-democrat crowd. They have been taught to choose the lesser of two evils. They believe the financial system is too hard to understand and that only Yale graduates can guide the country and its monetary system. These are the people who are ushering you your fascist police state. They are the majority. They are the ones who don't question the system. They are the status quo.

I wish they were paid off. But the reality is much darker. They are simpleton know-nothings who don't understand history, politics, economics, freedom. And they are coming to a voting booth near you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The answer is yes, and no.

The yes crowd is mostly brainwashed and unintelligent individuals who think they are making a difference.

The no crowd are people mixed in that may get called on for questions. They know exactly who they will call on when the crowd is going to ask anyone questions, it's all rigged, and these people are paid.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Sadly, no, they are not paid. These people are your die-hard, republican-democrat crowd. They have been taught to choose the lesser of two evils. They believe the financial system is too hard to understand and that only Yale graduates can guide the country and its monetary system. These are the people who are ushering you your fascist police state. They are the majority. They are the ones who don't question the system. They are the status quo.

I wish they were paid off. But the reality is much darker. They are simpleton know-nothings who don't understand history, politics, economics, freedom. And they are coming to a voting booth near you.

The question now: In the future (10-20yrs) do you think the "status quo" majority of the population are going to be that same demographic. I've been thinking about this, with all these drastic changes in political policies and world events are the voters (who tend to be what age bracket 40+?) when this generation has seen what it's seen in such a short time, is the future for voting going to follow the same pattern. Bad President/Good President scenario as the previous generation(s) have tended to vote. Maybe they want the change to an "Independent" canidate that actually wins, only to find the economy to collapse to blame the "radical change" in voting.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I support Obama...I think we need way more regulations than we have today.

Personal perception is not a good judge of the political leanings of an entire nation.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

They are nothing more than Crash Test Dummies with Makeup Pulled By Strings , Didn't ya know ? ..........

An Example , .SEE ABOVE ....

edit on 4-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
The question now: In the future (10-20yrs) do you think the "status quo" majority of the population are going to be that same demographic. I've been thinking about this, with all these drastic changes in political policies and world events are the voters (who tend to be what age bracket 40+?) when this generation has seen what it's seen in such a short time, is the future for voting going to follow the same pattern. Bad President/Good President scenario as the previous generation(s) have tended to vote. Maybe they want the change to an "Independent" canidate that actually wins, only to find the economy to collapse to blame the "radical change" in voting.

I've considered that type of scenario, not exactly leading to the economy collapse, but where the "change" us young folks bring about has been planned and manipulated all along. To what end? Not sure, economy collapse could be one thing, definitely. When I think about it, the haunting words of Roosevelt come to me: "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."

top topics

join