It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSers are making it harder for me to support Ron Paul. (A Rant?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is a different kind of thread, and really different for me. I have a lot of respect for ATSers, but I also admire rationality, logic, and passion. These are recent quotes from our 2012 election forum, people who are holding out their hands calling "Come join us in the Paul Revolution."

I don't want to comment on each one, but I want you to see why you are scaring me away from Rep. Paul.

I told people there would be massive fraud. If people believe he really came third then they need thier damn head examimed.

Ron Pauk third? How ridiculas. Not a chance in hell.

Ron Paul can't win because Americans are such cowards that the people running the show have no problem at all rigging it right out in the open, while fools talk about "Third isn't so bad."

Yup, exactly right. The whole thing is rigged. Ron Paul is merely "controlled opposition" to keep us tinfoil hat wearing wingnuts thinking that there is some hope. The rest of the idiots don't even care.

This is such Obvious fraud that those who can't see it are the doomed foolish selfish no nothing Average Americans who see nothing amiss. You mean nothing anymore. Soon, the government you love will Make so many of you nothing. You deserve it.

Man you guys are so F$%ked , honestly I don't think most people who vote for anyone other than Dr Paul actually realise what they are doing, seriously good bye America thank god I don't live there. You have had your chance-

This title IMO should say, elites commit vote fraud to ensure a Romney win.

For every 2 Ron Paul votes counted 1 obviously went into the burning bin.

Looks like ten thousand votes stolen from Ron Paul...

No way Romney and Santorum got thirty thousand each

They're just trying to avoid the 'Ron Paul' supporters which at this point I would guess is around 50% of the population. I'm being modest with that guess.

That is BULL #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Total election FRAUD. Ron Paul is winning EVERY grass roots, non partisan poll. He's winning, and they're gonna steal it from him.

New World Order fascist war hawk Democrats working hand in hand with New World Order fascist war hawk Republicans, to make sure the true American patriot, Ron Paul, wont usurp their diabolical eugenicist plans for humanity

And, of course, there are more, and more extreme. I can't get to Ron Paul's ideas because I can't get through his band of loyal (fanatic?) supporters. All I see is "He is the savior of the country." and "He will obey the Constitution." (Promises that all politicians make) and "I will bring peace in our day."

Maybe, when the craziness dies down, I'll be able to see what he's all about (unless some other candidate grabs me in the meantime.)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I can't get to Ron Paul's ideas because I can't get through his band of loyal (fanatic?) supporters.

There's a site called Youtube, and on there you can do a search for "Ron Paul" and watch & listen to his "ideas" straight from the man himself.

If you are forming your opinion based on what others are saying, then you should stay home on election day.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, I would like to say that unfortunately, you will find overly-excited or zealous people in any group, and ask us that you not judge us all - and especially not condemn the candidate - based on some poor examples...and this applies regardless of the candidate or cause being discussed.

There's really not much to say beyond that - please don't hesitate to let me know if there's ever anything I can do to help or information I can try to provide for you. Take care, brother.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The thread is titled

ATSers are making it harder for me to support Ron Paul.

You must have been presented with evidence that he is an unfit candidate or you were a bandwagon fan then is all.
Study all of the candidates in the future and you will be able to avoid this problem.
Hint: generally they are all the same.
Hope it helps

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
whatever man..

i know how you feel..

but this is just something people are really passionate about..

it is a very very VERY polarized topic...you will have to deal it for at least 1 more year i guess (more like forever)...you can already start accepting that fact..

yet it shouldnt hinder your support....i guess it is pretty much common sense the earth cannot take many more years with "that" kind of establishment (trying to) run it...many people pretty much see it as their "last straw" - ......and having those thoughts does not seem unjustified ......and who doesnt worry about the future from time to time..some less...some more often and with more temper...

my 0.02$

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If anything except the person you are voting for makes you form an opinion of them, you shouldn't vote. Any candidate you choose should be chosen from their voting records, and from the words over their mouth over time.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
He is for states rights, ending the Federal Reserve & stopping these ridiculous wars.
& the Globalist's are scared to death of him. Thats enough for me.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541 and Praetorious

I owe you both a more thoughtful reply than I have prepared now. Please be patient with me, I value your good will. Be back in a bit.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's not like ATS doesn't allow comments about other candidates. Where are the GO Mitt GO threads or the Santorum is the Best threads? Why no passion for these guys?
edit on 4-1-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

If there were threads like that, would you not vote for those guys?
edit on 4-1-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It has become clear that Paul supporters, however small the lot might be, are extremely vocal. Obsessively and sometimes annoyingly vocal.

A small number of people making a lot of noise can seem like a lot of people. Voters who support others will quietly go to polls and cast their votes, without making a big hullabaloo about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You owe me nothing, all I hope for you is you find something to be passionate about and do so.
If you have nothing to die for, you have nothing to live for.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Abandoning the noise of the outside world, I went to the Candidate's issue papers. I started with the executive summary of his Plan to Restore America. The first issue discussed was spending:

Cuts $1 trillion in spending during the first year of Ron Paul’s presidency, eliminating five cabinet departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior, and Education), abolishing the Transportation Security Administration and returning responsibility for security to private property owners, abolishing corporate subsidies, stopping foreign aid, ending foreign wars, and returning most other spending to 2006 levels.

Cutting $1 trillion only if Congress goes along with him. There is no sign that it wants to take the blame for those cuts, and Paul is known for coming up with amazing bills which he fails to get passed. The same is true for returning spending to 2006 levels. He has to get Congress to go along. What happens to his presidency if the Senate fillibusters and says "Up yours!" you won't get any spending bill from us, and when the country crashes we'll blame you and the Republican party.

Stopping foreign aid? Even humanitarian?

Eliminating five cabinet departments? Yeahhh, maybe. If you remember that some of them do essential work that will have to be transferred to other departments.

How do you end a foreign war if you're not winning? You quit and run away with people shouting "loser" at you.

In addition, I found no foreign policy other than bring all the troops to CONUS. No hint of how he'd deal with Korea, Mid-East, Taiwan, or any place else.

NOW THAT I'VE SAID ALL THAT, I'm sure there are some explanations that make sense. When I look on ATS, though I get (well, "passionate" isn't a strong enough word) defensive comments. I may be missing the literate threads, and I would be glad to learn from them.

Thanks to both of you for your kindness.

new topics

top topics

join