It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What solidified your belief in UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
For me, I have had a number of sightings. But this one experience proved to me without any doubt that there is something strange up there.

I was working a late shift, and returned home at around 1am one night. I looked up to see a satellite crossing the sky and thought to myself "haven't seen one of those in a long time" so I stood to watch it. It was a clear night, lots of stars out. It was moving across the sky much like any satellite would, but then halfway across the night sky, it made a sudden stop. I was like whaaat no way, I stayed out 10 mins and it didn't budge.. So I went in, got ready for bed. Hour later I looked up and it was still there, just looked like any other star. After that night I couldn't locate it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Mine was as a child I remember seeing documentaries on Rosewell and the government tripping over itself to come with a workable cover story. Now wether or not they are from another world is a different story, I am still on the fence on that one.
edit on 4-1-2012 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Cool sighting.

The summer of 2010 solidified it for me.

I had more daytime UFO sightings that summer than I can remember. They were all awesome sightings and are engrained in my brain as if I had just seen them.

I reported a few to MUFON.

The one that stuck out the most was on a Saturday when I was in the car with my brother and 4 year old daughter. I had just pulled out of my driveway and was about 20 yards from my house when I saw something out of my window. This was not my first sighting ....so I knew better than to stay in my car... I stopped my car and we all got out and watched.

We saw about 10 circular craft dark in color that were doing constant formations of what looked like "letters" to us. The formations they did were perfect..... I mean perfect.
They were all silent and moved methodically and majestically. Since then I have an bought an iphone..... but no luck in seeing any since that summer.
edit on 4-1-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I got buzzed by a TR-3B triangle craft on a highway, thing stopped over my car for a few seconds. That's the kind of experience that'll make your phone stop ringing real fast when you start telling friends & family.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is the irony of the situation - after I saw something I couldn't explain, the word UFO meant nothing to me. After seeing something so mind boggling, it didn't matter if it was human or extraterrestrial. The origin became moot from sheer awe.

After I had completed mowing a neighbor's lawn on June 18, 2010, I went out side with a glass of water. Right when I looked up, I noticed the sun behind a patch of leaves big enough to block out the sun and for me to see 3 shiny objects appear to its side. Had the leaves not been there, I would simply have been "blinded by the light." Two of the objects simple stayed there and shined like sun reflecting off an airplane but one of them flew right over me. It was fairly low - low enough to see it's features - and it was pretty slow as well. It was simply a metallic silver sphere. No visible propulsion system, no wings, nothing. And trust me, it was no weather balloon. I have seen those and know what they look like. As soon as the silver sphere went out of sight I turned around and watched the other two shiny points near the sun for a few seconds before they faded away.

I later learned two of my neighbors saw the exact same thing that day, and on MUFON there were 2 other reports of silver sphere's - two of which involved multiple spheres - so I know my experience was not the craziest one that happened that day. All of them occurred within 20 miles of my house.

And no, the video in my profile is not what I am talking about here.

EDIT: The next day, at 4:15 p.m. - the time time as the sighting the day before, I saw a VERY low flying Blackhawk helicopter fly over our block. I then went out into the pipeline behind my house and witnessed yet another sphere flying. This time it was black, and it was only visible in front of the cloud that was behind it. It disappeared once it got to the blue sky.

For the record, this is all on MUFON.
edit on 4-1-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
no sightings or anything like that,my believe is down to the fact that the universe is too massive for us to be alone and if we,r not alone then why isn,t it possible that they are so much more advanced than us?look at where we are in the space of only a hundred years,us in another 100 years is mind boggoling,never mind say a thousand or a hundred thousand years.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You Sir,Ii want to congratulate you with your question.
It is a real open question, without prejudice.

I have seen UFO's during daytime, even through a telescope.
For me they are real and not earth technology

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
For me, it was Roswell when they initially admitted it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The one that solidified me was; I was out on the back porch of my dads house with my buddy and we saw an orange ball from very low over rohernt park/Sanata rosa city area and t started coming our way over Petaluma hill road and it started to over the mountain that was straight a cross from it a helicopter was beginning to chase and hunt the orange ball down. The helicopter chased over the mountain and up into the sky at a slow rate of climb until they were both out of site. And then over the summer at my moms house in Sebastopol ca, me and my buddy were smoking cigerettes by our cars in the drive way and I noticed an orange ball high in the sky. We both thought it was moving to fast and at an odd flight path to be a satellite. It eventually disappeared out of sight also. Could of been a satellite though

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Hmmmm Long time ago, t'was.

1. Reading many first person accounts. Even before I got my PhD in clinical psych, I was impressed with the earnestness of the narratives. They simply rang true--at least--as true as the perceptions of those involved could be.

2. I had a relative who worked near enough to them to see them coming and going routinely in Nev.

3. The Book of Enoch and the Biblical Genesis 6 documents provided the explanations I looked for.

4. I early on hypothesized that at least some of them were going to fit in like a hand in a glove with the satanic globalist script for the GREAT END TIMES DECEPTION as outlined in The Bible. That hypothesis, to my satisfaction, has been abundantly confirmed.

5. When I finally saw a UFO very high up and much to the South of us, through binoculars . . . a typical small triangle craft . . . it was VERY ANTICLIMACTIC. I'd long ago been convined of their reality and of their tangible reality.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sladewilson

I assume ya'll had NO missing time?

I'd hope not. Probably not with just the probes.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
For me, reason and common sense. Humans showed up mysteriously in the picture around 250,000 years ago. Absolutely nothing in therms of cosmic time. Yet, some humans think they are the #, unique, the only intelligent species, owners of the universe, the center of everything. That there's nothing out there, everything is cold stones with probably a few microbes that we can kill with a can of spray.

Bullcrap. Humans are nothing. There are more stars in the galaxy than grains of sand in the whole state of Florida. The probability of having inhabited planets are astronomical. Even more, the probabilities of having species that naturally evolved millions of years ago, are even greater. The probabilities of having humanoid species develop a billion years ago are there. In those cases, the technology and level of achievement of those civilizations would put any Star Wars image in ridicule. Even more, I wouldn't be surprised if HUNDREDS of other species were visiting Earth. Others monitoring, others performing experiments right in our own backyard. This planet was probably full of visitations well before the first human walked on Earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eaglecall

Bullcrap. Humans are nothing. There are more stars in the galaxy than grains of sand in the whole state of Florida. The probability of having inhabited planets are astronomical. Even more, the probabilities of having species that naturally evolved millions of years ago, are even greater. The probabilities of having humanoid species develop a billion years ago are there. In those cases, the technology and level of achievement of those civilizations would put any Star Wars image in ridicule. Even more, I wouldn't be surprised if HUNDREDS of other species were visiting Earth. Others monitoring, others performing experiments right in our own backyard. This planet was probably full of visitations well before the first human walked on Earth.

VERY good point.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
For me it's no sighting but the sheer weight of evidence.

If you look at the thousands of declassified military documents of eyewitnesses in uniform, they are all describing the same phenomenon as civilians.

I believe the best evidence is the testimony of high ranking ex-military personnel from around the world who confirm things like Roswell, Rendlesham Forest etc.....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Eaglecall

There are more stars in the galaxy than grains of sand in the whole state of Florida. The probability of having inhabited planets are astronomical. Even more, the probabilities of having species that naturally evolved millions of years ago, are even greater.

Uhhhh No. I don't believe any of your assertions re evolution in such a context.

IIRC, there's not been anything close to the amount of time required for even a few measely low class microbes to evolve. The complexity in life is tooo incredible.

The mathematics just doesn't support such in the time that we calculate has existed in this multiverse.

And, interestingly, none of the UFO critters support such a notion of evolution being the cause of what we observe either.

I don't believe the fallen angels/ET critters' panspermia sort of explanation that THEY created it all either.

However, it is interesting that NONE of them support the idea of evolution as you articulated in that post.

edit on 5/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

edit on 5/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

There are more stars in the galaxy than grains of sand in the whole state of Florida. The probability of having inhabited planets are astronomical. Even more, the probabilities of having species that naturally evolved millions of years ago, are even greater.

Uhhhh No. I don't believe any of your assertions re evolution in such a context.

IIRC, there's not been anything close to the amount of time required for even a few measely low class microbes to evolve. The complexity in life is tooo incredible.

The mathematics just doesn't support such in the time that we calculate has existed in this multiverse.

And, interestingly, none of the UFO critters support such a notion of evolution being the cause of what we observe either.

I don't believe the fallen angels/ET critters' panspermia sort of explanation that THEY created it all either.

However, it is interesting that NONE of them support the idea of evolution as you articulated in that post.

edit on 5/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

edit on 5/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: typo

You cannot take UFO/Alien observations as scientific data.
I assume frm your post that you deny the possibility of way more evolved, adapted, developed civilizations in this Universe?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There's far more quality witness and hard tangible scientific investigated landing site evidence about the UFO stuff than has convicted many murderers to execution.

Personally, I do not believe evolution has a scientific leg to stand on.

It has been a politically sold farce.

imho, before too long, the global oligarchy and the fallen angel/ET critters will trot out a new meme that will be accepted as far more true than evolution--that the critters created life etc. etc. etc.

Evolution has been useful to the oligarchy in weaning masses of people off of Christianity and in suppressing and persecuting Christians . . . and getting Christianity etc. out of public life and the schools.

The folks odering and managing that effort knew to begin with that evolution was a farce. They also knew it was a very useful farce to their long range tyrannical global goals--a primary one of which was destroying Christianity.

Actually, the farcical maneuvers and abjectly dishonest, illogical, inconsistent arguments of the oligarchy power structure in behalf of evolution and against Christianity

HAS BEEN A SIGNIFICANT BOOST TO MY BELIEF IN UFO'S and in their complicit cooperation with and directing of the global oligarchy's manipulations toward a one world government and one world religion.It was clear that the same folks were behind the same efforts toward the same tyrannical goals.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

My relative who worked around them was quite scientific enough for me.

The personal narrative reports . . . to this psychologist . . . were also obviously candid, authentic etc.

Perhaps you don't realize that a psychologist becomes more than a little skilled at assessing personal stories.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Personally, I do not believe evolution has a scientific leg to stand on.

Evolution has been observed in laboratories around the world in micro-organisms and larger organisms like fruit flies with short life spans IN REAL TIME for the last 100 years.

Whether you choose to believe in evolution or not, it exists.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

There's huge orders of magnitude differences involved in the two types of 'evolution.'

However, you certainly have lots of company believing that

a Lamborgini

can assemble itself out of a junk yard given enough time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join