It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being paranoid or should i forget it. Just got a call from my doctor after requesting med refil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
they said that my pharmacy and ANOTHER... that i did not request at... sent a request to them for my main medication.

Now HOW in the world would the other pharmacy get info that i requested this medication if someone did not go to them asking for it? this medication is over 400 dollars a month... and i will NOT live the next year without it. I will starve to death.

any info would be surely helpful, im considering calling the other RX and asking to speak with their main PHarmacist to get more information from them...

or should i just leave it alone. im Really not sure here.

WOW Identity theft? Or paranoia?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

Go talk to your DR. do it right away and get it straightened out. Many weird things are happening around RXs these days but your DR is your best bet in this case. Make an appointment today.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would definitely make the call. Better to be safe then sorry in a situation like that. Could be something could be nothing, but at least if you make the call you will know and won't have to worry about it anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Very well could be some sort of identity theft....especially if your pills are something that can get someone high, like pain meds....I'd definitely call the pharmacy and try to get to the bottom of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I would talk to all parties involved. That way you have all of your bases covered.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No, I don't think that you're being paranoid. I think that this is YOUR medication that you NEED. Any questions that you have are justified. You have to get to the bottom of this, and find out what and why this is happening.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Very well could be some sort of identity theft....especially if your pills are something that can get someone high, like pain meds....I'd definitely call the pharmacy and try to get to the bottom of it.

this specific medication would only help someone with chrons disease or another bowel disease. i dont think you can get high off of an anti inflammatory for the digestive system.... very odd!

i have an appt on the 20th, the doctors office is the ones who called me about it or i would never have known, they called to ask which pharmacy i wanted it sent to.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Go talk to your DR. do it right away and get it straightened out. Many weird things are happening around RXs these days but your DR is your best bet in this case. Make an appointment today.

Best of luck to you.

what kind of other weirdness is going on ?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
btw ty all for comments i am really worried lol ill post what that rx says if i can... unless it compromises my identity lol

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Was it the same pharmacy chain? Is it possible that the pharmacy you made the request at perhaps didn't have the medication on hand and called another location to see if they had it available then the other location called to verify the prescription so they could fill it for your pharmacy?

That is what I would say is the most probable. Pretty routine in that industry.

edit on 4-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have a friend who worked in a compounding lab for a small pharmaceutical supplier.....his pharmacy was the only one to have a compounding lab that could fill the requests of allot of others when they ran out.....so they got allot of requests from pharmacies that were not even in their "system".....like hospitals and nursing homes that really needed it A.S.A.P....so I wouldn't worry....sounds like something like that to me

....my friend would talk allot about work......pharmaceutical....work.......needless to say it was when we "rode the magic dragon" that I could sit and actually listen to all this stuff.....he also was obsessed with catholic "conspiracies".....he is very well informed on the subject.....sorry after effects.....I tend to wander...lol

edit on 4-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I got a refill notification from a pharmacy in Alabama once. (I live in TN) I called the pharmacy to ask why they were trying to fill a script that I had not requested and was not even in my state. They told me that whoever keyed in the script at my doctor's office had switched the pharmacy numbers in the computer system. Problem with that was I had not requested a refill on that med and had not even used it in over 6 months.

The doctors office was rolling over to a new system, so I think it was just a glitch. I told the Alabama pharmacy to cancel that refill and I was concerned about identity theft. They assured me everything was "safe". I did keep a close eye on my insurance statements to make sure nothing posted though.

Hope you get it worked out!

OiO

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A lot of doctors are using e-mail type systems to send refill info to pharmacies for patients. It's possible that they have more than one on record for you and the Nurse who called in or e-mailed in to the wrong one. I used to use one pharmacy and then switched to another. The old one is still on my file and they always ask which one I want to use.

Call the pharmacy in question and ask if someone walked in requesting,or was it over the phone, or e-mailed. Maybe that can shed some light on where to start looking for the error.

I have had some trouble as of late getting my meds on time from a once reliable pharmacy. I blame it on the fact that they just have waaaayy too many customers and never check their mail or voicemails.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3
i have an appt on the 20th, the doctors office is the ones who called me about it or i would never have known, they called to ask which pharmacy i wanted it sent to.

16 days away? If the doctor's office called you, they should be making an appointment with you.. not the other way around. If it was me, I would call them back and say that I would rather come in today.

That way if anything backfires down the line, you have proof that you tried to clear up their mistake right away.
Also visit the pharmacy, get it cleared up and things will be fine. You also wont stress about it anymore.

I'm sure it's just a silly clerical error, it will get sorted out

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I'd assume it's nothing then.....Unless someone was actually needing the pills for their own problems, and was planning to get it through your insurance or something....You did say they were pretty pricey. Still I doubt it's anything.....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
I have a friend who worked in a compounding lab for a small pharmaceutical supplier.....his pharmacy was the only one to have a compounding lab that could fill the requests of allot of others when they ran out.....so they got allot of requests from pharmacies that were not even in their "system".....like hospitals and nursing homes that really needed it A.S.A.P....so I wouldn't worry....sounds like something like that to me

....my friend would talk allot about work......pharmaceutical....work.......needless to say it was when we "rode the magic dragon" that I could sit and actually listen to all this stuff.....he also was obsessed with catholic "conspiracies".....he is very well informed on the subject.....sorry after effects.....I tend to wander...lol

edit on 4-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

dont worry i wander too, being on over 7000 dollars in meds a year can and will do horrible things to people, but this is the one med i NEED to be on forever... unless im cured or it stops working lol!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3

16 days away? If the doctor's office called you, they should be making an appointment with you.. not the other way around. If it was me, I would call them back and say that I would rather come in today.

That way if anything backfires down the line, you have proof that you tried to clear up their mistake right away.
Also visit the pharmacy, get it cleared up and things will be fine. You also wont stress about it anymore.

I'm sure it's just a silly clerical error, it will get sorted out

i understand and respect that, but since im disabled and these stores and doctors are all 35 minutes from me, its hard to actually change the dates to earlier times i have multiple doctors, and multiple medications. so i try to make all the appts on the same day if i can.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I got a refill notification from a pharmacy in Alabama once. (I live in TN) I called the pharmacy to ask why they were trying to fill a script that I had not requested and was not even in my state. They told me that whoever keyed in the script at my doctor's office had switched the pharmacy numbers in the computer system. Problem with that was I had not requested a refill on that med and had not even used it in over 6 months.

The doctors office was rolling over to a new system, so I think it was just a glitch. I told the Alabama pharmacy to cancel that refill and I was concerned about identity theft. They assured me everything was "safe". I did keep a close eye on my insurance statements to make sure nothing posted though.

Hope you get it worked out!

OiO

thanks that makes me feel a lil better,
ill see what they say when i call. here in a min

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

Was it the same pharmacy chain? Is it possible that the pharmacy you made the request at perhaps didn't have the medication on hand and called another location to see if they had it available then the other location called to verify the prescription so they could fill it for your pharmacy?

That is what I would say is the most probable. Pretty routine in that industry.

edit on 4-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

no it was my local grocery store that i get my meds from, their rx i have been with for years... and they know me well,

walgreens called in the second... i have no idea unless they go through wallgreens for orders when they dont have in stock and it got sent to my doc that way, but i dont think they are affiliated.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I took care of my elderly Dear Aunt for the last 3 years of her life.
The last year, she was on multiple meds, some for pain. Someone was going in to pick up her scripts to get the pills...I went to the pharmacy, that knew me well as her caregiver, and requested that her scripts could not be picked up by anyone but me. I also had the pharmacy flag the account with a release only with drivers license ID. That included me!

You should go to your pharmacy, and have them flag your account so only you can pick it up. They do it all the time.

My pharmacy said that so many people not having insurance, or addictions, script theft is on the rise everywhere.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join